DWC...

• Thread starter milkcrate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
milkcrate

milkcrate

The Bun Bun male...
....poor little guy...lets see if we can save him...totally my fault, i didnt realize how valuable he is..he has the pollen to make a plant a 6 week finisher...
Bun Bun male a

crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

i hope this day finds all well....

a little update, a quick pic of the OG 18...she is fillin out nice, as a matter a fact, a little too fast for the others, so im gonna get um into bud quicker than i wanted but they are the bosses afterall... gonna make a quick DWC system...4 - 1 gal buckets with a 5 gal bucket for a res...it will have a 225 gal per hour submersible pump, i'll be able to monitor the rootballs better this way...
OG 18 g ... P2160662 ...

this run was odd for me, i never had problems gettin a rootball goin before, but these are comin along...

the Bun Bun male may make it...one clone finally sprouted roots, im hopin either one make it....

crate

milkcrate

milkcrate

i hope all is well....

well, got an update again, i modified the DWC setup i put together yesterday, the buckets were gonna be too small even for a quick run, so i went to my next larger bucket system, 3 gal buckets, (got um at dollar general for 3 bux ea.) 4 of um, and a 10 gal tote i had layin around, (3.99 for that), i put 2 feed/drain plugs in, these ones have a little end in the middle of the plug that fits a 1/2 hose, so i put the submersible pump to it and fill the buckets for 15 min, 3 x a day, just like an ebb and flow until i get the roots bigger, then i wont have to do it at all, until then, i do it that way... i have shut off plugs on 2 of the buckets near the res, shut those off, then flood um, after 15 min, open up, the water then seeks it own level...
Quick DWC  Res a ... Quick DWC  Res b ...Drain   feed plug ...

pick of the Stable...they were sick, but with the help of Seamaiden and her charts, got um back on track...
The Stable b ...

crate

milkcrate

milkcrate

the Dr. Grinspoon, i had a problem with some water/nute combos, but a visit to the Cannabis Infirmery here on the forum and i'm back on track...
Grinspoon is turnin out to be a hardy gal, took some abuse and made it through, remember she is a "Prima Donna"...but holdin her own, i got her on full strength feedin with the others, we now have to see if she can take the food....i try to get all my gurlz to eat from the same pail...if she cant we can take her out of rotation and get her back into her own setup...she is a pretty gal...
Dr Grinspoon f ... Dr Grinspoon g ...

the Mind, Body and Soul, same story, she was sick with the others, now makin a comeback, same with her, if she cant take the food, we'll get her out of there, and tend to her...
Mind Body and Soul c ...

The Skylock is hardy, tuffest gal i have seen in years... a little haircut and she'll be fine...
Skylock c ...

the OG 18, she is a monster, too bad i had to tie it down, wouldnt mind doin a tree project with her, she grows fast...i pruned the back of it so she can utilize a corner position and forced the bud heads to face the middle...the back branches now tower up and above the others, kinda like a "tier, step effect"..
OG 18 h ...

more to come...
crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

..............its been 3 days now and everyone seems to be doin ok. i got um in transition bloom food, one thing in hydro, it only takes a couple days to see if they are ok, or in trouble, conoeing leaves, droopy appearance, you know...BUT, in hydro, it only takes a couple days to get um back on track, give em just PH balanced water for 32 hours, and tweek the nutes you were usin, diluting it with water til ya get a half way readin...what i do is remove half of the nutes they didnt like, then add the same amount what ya took out with water, then get um back on it, and maybe add the nutes ya took out to gradually bring it up as needed..... so far, so good. i will also be changing their spectrum of lighting, gonna get um started in bloom with nuttin but T-5's...then into the bud tent under bigger lights...

gonna get my 3rd tent goin for a real quick run, wild prunin, a buddy needs nuttin but Kholas, so we will be doin alot of cuttin... in rain gutters!..wtf? lol,... it will be a constant flow system...water never stops just like a "Creek"...then that way we can get the roots shootin faster, then if i decide to put um in DWC or the "Ebb n' Flow system, i could if i wanted...and, in this tent gonna try something unique...lighting wise... =] its a secret, but i'll tell yuse guys if ya promise not to tell nobody...K?

ttys...
crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

hello, i hope all is well... a little update, the Stable is gettin ready for the bud tent...my cycle is about a month off, but we regroup and get it goin...
the Dr. Grinspoon will be the most interesting in this cycle...she has adjusted to the feedin and doin well so there will be no need to have a seperate setup for her. i pruned her up, and that is a tedious task because of how the bud sites are. ya need real sharp scissors and be precise on which ones to cut... this will grow in a cluster branch, it will be interesting to see it develop...
Dr Grinspoon i

now she would not give me a clone, this is such a delicate plant the clones immediately died within two days, so we will have to take one off her while she takes a extra week to join the others in the bud tent....if anyone has ever had a plants cuttins be difficult this is another method to get a cuttin...or even if ya dont have a cloning station, this is a great space saver method...
...first ya scrape the bark gently of the branch you want, and coat it with cloning jell or powder....Grinspoon clone a ...

...then split the well soaked cube or plug ya use for clones like a hot dog bun...Grinspoon clone b ...

wrap it up in a black garbage bag piece with twist ties, support it with a string tied....Grinspoon clone c ... Dr Grinspoon h

in 7 days i usually take a peek at it from one end to see if it may need some moisture and and maybe a squirt then tie it back up and wait...then in a few days the roots should be visible, cut the branch and there ya go... hopefully... lol

now that i know how to grow her, i wouldnt mind doin it again, i have had the pleasure to enjoy some Dr. G and it is a supreme soaring intense high, very motivational, no paranoia, a great outside party or concert strain...this is one you would smoke while doin shrooms...lol

more updates on the rest of The Stable when the bud cycle starts...i give them 3 days of darkness, then the lights come on 12/12...

crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

a quick update.... after 3 days of darkness, lights come on 12/12...the bud heads are formed already, hopefully i wont have too much further vertical growth, and ill get thickness...the rootballs are now just starting to drop, so i'll have to "ebb N flow" the feeding 3 times a day for a couple more weeks, i never had problems with roots before, but i think i got it fixed, funny tho how things have been goin so far...better pics in a week or so...Bud tent week 1

a quick pic of the 3rd cycle to come, some Sensi star x Long Bottom Leaf, and some Mikado/f13 x Romul x Herijuana, and a couple g13 x diesel crosses....they are in dirt and as they get bigger ill decide weather or not to keep um in soil or change um to hydro...and 11 cannotonic, probably will only keep one and give the rest away...the second cycle looks pitiful so no pics of that tent just yet...3rd cycle a ... Cannotonic

the Bun Bun project, well, that will be a tale for the campfire....the male died, one of the 2 females i had died, the one remaining is horrible and none of the cuttins made it, so i will chalk this strain up as too much trouble to bother with, sad though...it was a homerun hit...damn...oh well, we move forward...

crate

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hello Street, yes i start them in a 4 inch Grodan Cube that is stuffed in a "Witches Hat" that will eventually be put on a 5 Gal. Bucket, until then i use a one gallon pot till the the roots start to find their way out and dangle to the water....then to a 2 gal bucket to get a nice root ball goin...then to the 5 gl for the duration...just like sodbusters do it with soil, one gal, 3 gal rootbound to a 5 gal, only i'm usin water for my medium...i also have 2 airstones that are 24/7 one on each side of the ball... View attachment 373097
i like 5 gal buckets, they are easy grows for a tent, your plant, with the right prunin one plant should be 4 feet around and 3 1/2 feet for a 4x4 tent, one that will give ya a pound....

crate
When I need inspiration

milkcrate

milkcrate

no probs...lol...

i hope all is well...

i know it's been awhile since i have updated this thread. For that, i apologize. been goin through alot of bullshit with a person about a business that could have been great, but ended up going a different direction, too many questions, not enough answers so, i stepped away from it. In the long run it cost me a friendship, but saved me alot of legal hassles. One thing i found out about this particular business/industry, as far as partnerships go, trust and loyalty is major factor for success. once thats compromised it goes south FAST. this is the 3rd time i have gotten involved with another person involving this "product", and ALL 3 times it failed miserably, and at the cost of a friendship. i made a move to Colorado a few years ago that turned out to be a bust, but i learned more about the business/industry, and legal aspects of it as well. each time was a learning curve. now i know what to do. lol so whenever some one approaches you about a fantastic opportunity with regards to cannabis, sit down with this person and watch the movie, Treasure of the Sierra Madre. an old Humpry Bogart movie, then talk about the "Business Adventure"....lol...

ok, Now the update goes as follows...the 3 plants i had in bud, all died in my arms, sad. this is the first time i have ever had problems with my "hydro technique". couldnt get a rootball goin, had water problems, couldnt keep the Ph controlled. it was frustrating as hell. clones diein left and right. 2 cyles went to crap... the ONLY good thing that came of this whole mess was one Dr. Grinspoon cuttin survived, the one that i took, i had to clone right off the plant, i gave it to another grower to try and do something with it. my 3rd cycle is doin ok now only because i switched to soil. I know what your thinkin, Soil?, Crate you suck at soil projects....lol, i got no choice. so far, they are doin great. im using the Michigan based M3 Mix, everything is included, just add water...cant get no simpler than that. from what i can tell, its a variation of a "Super Soil", but its workin...

i think i found the girls in the 3rd cycle, one strain gave me 4 different boys and one girl...that would be the Mikado/F13 x Rom x Herijuana strain, i hope its a potent plant.... the next was 1 boy, 1 girl of the Sensi Star x Long Bottom Leaf strain...and the other was G13 x Strawberry diesel strain, looks like 1 girl, 1 Boy there too. i wont keep any boys this time around because they arent my strains and out of respect to the breeder i wont do any crossin. i know your sayin what difference does it make, who would know? its just something i do. he was generous enough to share his genetics with me, and that kinda of trust and loyalty with me goes along way, i will simply enjoy the gift....a pic of the next cycle before i transplant and clone...
3rd cycle b ...

Provisional Seeds was able to get me my long awaited wish list item, to them i thank you very much...and with that new strain i will do some crossin/breedin, only because this particular strain is being discontinued by the breeder. the strain is Mental Floss by Chimera. i been lookin for this strain for sometime, as ironic as the story goes, i got the last 2 packs right before being discontinued, lol..wtf...lol

Oh Yea, get this... i took a cuttin from my Darkness/Durga Mata cross before it went into bud and eventually died off, and remember i had a male of that as well. i noted that his clone had little pods hangin and opening, but the female was still in veg and as young as he...guess what happened, my babies did it anyways...lol i didnt have any desire to breed this strain out cause it thought i wasnt that good....one day my son finds a branch from that harvest that gave me very little but enough to decide it wasnt worth any further projects...WRONG!!, that bud he found was sticky as hell and it was tasty and potent....but i already threw out the male and his cuttin...damn it!!...Wait a minute, hold up man, the young female now has little seed pods on each branch right at the crotch of each node...LOL, that has never happened to me before, its still in vegg, but producing seeds from the accidental pollinating.... so i havent done anything but let it remain in 18/6, continue to transition to soil from hydro and then i will put it into bud soon. the bud head sites are still there but not formed, so i will be able to harvest seeds before i put it into 12/12....this is awesome, the strain will live on to some extent. The Creator must have known it was worth saving and took matters into his own hands to continue this particular strain and have them breed in spite of my non-involvement....amazing. you can see the seed pods on the main stalk at each node, and the bud head untouched...it is a pretty plant....gonna let it vegg till the seeds are done, and i see a few pods gettin ready to open and spit out the finished bean....
Darkness Durga Mata a .... Darkness Durga Mata b

crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

just was able to update....i had a rough year with my son being ill, he is better, i wasnt able to finish any projects, but i hope what i did do inspired some of ya to try DWC/LST...its amazing.....

i got another project coming up within a couple months, i'll keep ya posted...

crate

Latest posts

Top Bottom