Dying plant

• Thread starter Ickyvicky0818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ickyvicky0818

Ickyvicky0818

Wet stagnant roots will always kill plants...you need more chunkier perlote in that soil...try pumice it wont float. Keep your hand off the watering can. You can kearn alot in these forums..search them...lotz of big boys in here that have posted things about their grows.

Keep your ears to the ground

Ps ive had worse than this and got it back on track....you could repot. But be very careful as to not disturb/break the taproot....put more drainge material in your soil next time....i add 10-15% into my fox farm ocean forest strsight out of the bag.
Thank you I’ll definitely give it a try!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Stagnant wet soil will always fuck shit up. Bugs,mold,bad bacteria, etc. Plethora of problems will occur in this situation....

My honest suggestion....you want to learn from your mistakes?

Repot into fresh good bag soil. Looks to be a 7gal pot at minumum might be 10....get a 1.5 cu foot bag of fox farm or comparable soil and a small bag of perlite. Put it together and bam!! Roll that pot with plant in it on its side. Rolling back and fourth while holding the msin stalk of the plant the soil should loosly fall out. Roll till it all comes out. Smell the root mass and soil. If it smells earthy your fine to repot!

If it smells bad throw it...again following the steps above and others if they chime in can save your plant. Your call hope it works out

Ickyvicky0818

Ickyvicky0818

Im going to repot it and break up the soil around roots repot and see how it turns out

Ickyvicky0818

Ickyvicky0818

Stagnant wet soil will always fuck shit up. Bugs,mold,bad bacteria, etc. Plethora of problems will occur in this situation....

My honest suggestion....you want to learn from your mistakes?

Repot into fresh good bag soil. Looks to be a 7gal pot at minumum might be 10....get a 1.5 cu foot bag of fox farm or comparable soil and a small bag of perlite. Put it together and bam!! Roll that pot with plant in it on its side. Rolling back and fourth while holding the msin stalk of the plant the soil should loosly fall out. Roll till it all comes out. Smell the root mass and soil. If it smells earthy your fine to repot!

If it smells bad throw it...again following the steps above and others if they chime in can save your plant. Your call hope it works out
I will definitely take this advice in mind and try it and see how it goes from there thank you so much!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
yea, just be careful with the roots when you dissect her, then find some good draining soil. Also, the azamax is a great solution, but Dr Bonners peppermint purecastile soap or any organic soap with essential oils in it is going to help a lot, I would use about 1tbsp of pure castile soap and 1tsp or olive oil or canola oil to 1 liter spray bottle, and make sure you wash under every leaf real well.

The mites will be an ongoing thing, so knock them down now, and do something again (different) later, you've got to hit them in different ways to be successful. I also usually put tangle foot around the stump, (especially a single plant like that) but anything sticky could work, as long as it's organic. Ie. petroleum jelly would work.

I use my fingers to massage the soap into the leaves right at the junctions, too make sure they get a good wash.

She just needs a little care, and will likely spring back fine.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

That roll the pot method is kinda the same thing as if you were triming a pot bound plant. Meaning its roots have grown bunched up into a ball.

Except this plants roots are essentially dying. When rolling it just be careful not to snap the main taproot...if itbdoes it'll droop and pretty much never recover. Lol its already pretty much dead...i honestly would just toss it...it is kind of educational to fuck around and try to save it. I forgot about the bug issue when i initially said to save it....toss it girl! Dont use that pot or soil throw it all out

if you do try to save it, post an update....personally id just toss it with the bug issue. If you grow again keep temps and humidity in check.....you need air movement through your soil as Well....

bugs love dying plants!! Easier to take over

Last edited:
Top Bottom