Dynamic or static? How do you roll in life?

• Thread starter Kendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Time is the most valuable commodity on Earth and the only thing you ever actually own (if you choose to). In my experience traveling is one aspect of life one should never regret for any reason. I spent a summer working in Munich and fall/winter in Mexico City, and travelled to over a dozen other countries while living in hotels for nearly a year. Nothing else compares... though hallucinogens are a distant second. The only thing that could have made living abroad better was having a partner to share it with- so make sure you bring your lady. While there is something very special about traveling solo and meeting and fucking new people- I've spent time in several countries with my wife and have had amazing experiences with her that surpass any novel sexual escapades I'd gotten into when by myself.

You can always go on cruises and guided landmark tours when you're crotchety and old though, if you wanted to get started now on that american dream (or Welsh dream as it were).

Aquarius!

I LOVE the Welsh Dream.

Yeah I fully appreciate that time is the one thing that is passing me by. I have these urges, to go and see, do, get into incredibly lairy situations. The adrenalin of life. I suppose since I stopped grafting pot I've been missing something!
I cant spend my life smoking DMT. As fabulous and third eye opening as it is, it just makes me want to go to south america even more!

I want to see just how BIG redwood trees are, Rocky Mountains. Banff. N and S NZ, there is so much to see in this fucking world. Blink and the moment has gone. It's all good. I'm slowly bringing the missus round to the idea. She is not the adventurous type at all, very conservative, polar opposite to me. I am a livewire. Bundle of energy.

All of this take some coin, so I'd best get another grow on! Jokes.

Welsh.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

@Welshwizzard I went with both family and adventure. I found a woman who followed me to hell and back

I think I have a woman that will do that, but I'm not sure if she'd be happy as it would be my dream were living, not our dream...

Kendo

Kendo

I think I have a woman that will do that, but I'm not sure if she'd be happy as it would be my dream were living, not our dream...

The first several years of our marriage we spent living my dream. Travel, adventure, risky shit..... After that we went with her dreams of Children, home ownership, steady J.O.B.
After 2 decades of that we are now back to my dreams. She was the one who insisted we focus on my dreams now. I am truly blessed.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

The first several years of our marriage we spent living my dream. Travel, adventure, risky shit..... After that we went with her dreams of Children, home ownership, steady J.O.B.
After 2 decades of that we are now back to my dreams. She was the one who insisted we focus on my dreams now. I am truly blessed.

Now THAT sounds like some excellent compromising on both parts.

Congrats on finding your true keeper in life!

Kendo

Kendo

Now THAT sounds like some excellent compromising on both parts.

Congrats on finding your true keeper in life!

Here's the thing..
She wanted the same things I did, she just did not know it, had never experienced it.
Once she got a taste for adventure she was all in.
I could tell you some stories, furreals!

Kendo

Kendo

words to live by....
Bruce Lee was a life changer for me.
I was inspired from the first time I saw him throw a kick. It was 1965 and the Green Hornet was a series on TV. I never missed a show...Why? Because of Kato. I asked for a Kato costume for Halloween, lots of green Hornet costumes..No Kato.
So Mom made me one.
My Pops wanted to know why I wanted to go out as a Chinaman, Pops was not racist, just racially ignorant.. LOL Being a precocious 5 year old I said," Well Dad, lots of kids go out a Dracula, he is a blood sucking Vampire?"

I made cardboard dummies to practice strikes and focused on my Chi. Was fianlly able to join a ,"Karate" class at 9 and then on to Crazy Dragons Kajukenbo at 13. Kajukenbo is the first American style and the most BRUTAL MIXED martial art combining karate, Kung fu, Judo and jiu jitsu Chuan Fa is one of the 4 recognized KJB styles. Literally meaning The Fist way it is a combination of Okinawan karate, softened and combined with Gung fu fluid motions and strikes.
Studied Jeet Kune Do with friends but never formally.

Last edited:
Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Here's the thing..
She wanted the same things I did, she just did not know it, had never experienced it.
Once she got a taste for adventure she was all in.
I could tell you some stories, furreals!

One day man I'll hit you up on my travels with my missus in tow! Some bad ass culture clash and stories that follow. Good aims man.

I love how that is always a possibilty. People dont know who they are until they need to.

stutter

stutter

well look at all you dyamos haha, im a static for sure and proud of it.

i dont feel i am missing anything at all by being static, i take great pride in forever striving for mastery of my skills, hobbies and goals. i feel absolutely no need to reinvent myself every 7 years, im bloody perfect just as i am but i can always be better.

i live a full complete life everyday i wake with a smile and everyday when my head hits the pillow i crash within seconds without a care or a worry in the world. each day even after doing my profession for 15 years i find little tweaks small things that improve my craft and im widely regarded as one of the best around and im very proud of that. you simply dont get that when your reinventing yourself constantly.

i firmly believe your not a master of anything until you have done at least 10 years of it, i remember when doing my trade for 5 years i already thought i was the best around and thought i knew everything, at 10 years i realised just how bad i used to be and at 15 years i realise i still have a long way to go. i guess thats just the wisdom that comes with age perhaps

anyway i guess i cant expect you dynamos to understand but someone had to speak up for the statics out there, i know im not alone.

in fact im interested to know are all you dynamos the outgoing types generally? or are there some lone wolfs among you? introverts or extroverts?

im an introvert for sure, i have often found other people just get in the way of my personal pursuits and goals and prefer to spend a lot of time on my own in the garden or on the water fishing, hell even in my profession im isolated for most of the day despite being on busy worksite etc. i prefer it that way.

Kendo

Kendo

@stutter You should be proud buddy. Static is as brick and mortar foundation.
As you can tell I am extremely gregarious. Get me in front of a large group of people and I love it.
That is a very interesting twist to this brother, I wonder...
Do you think the fact that dynamos overcome the inherent fear of change by their very nature might have anything to do with a lack of social stigmas. Research finds that social stigmas are generally fear oriented.
I understand and respect static. My Father was static and never understood my dynamic, which is generally how it rolls. Static and dynamic persons are so different it is difficult for the two to wrap their heads around the others ways.
The common herd theme is static, keep a job forever, stay with one profession and retire. Change is frowned upon, feared and avoided by the herd. Fear of change is inherently ingrained in us, reinforced by a creative unconscious that pulls and tugs at every thought and action to keep us in place.

s

fractal

fractal

I read your whole post kendo, I would say I have been static for the last 15 years from heartbreak, really. Got into drugs after that and stayed static, literally for the last 3 years I did nothing but take meds and feel like I would rather be buried in california than alive where I am. I stopped taking narcotics, and went back home and was reborn in the purest sense of the world. . . Birthed through the land and received by my California home, bound to it for eternity.

Now, back where I am I carry that enthusiasm and dynamism with me. I have met so many people in the last month who want to support my efforts and are nothing but pure light bearers welcoming me into the fold. It feels very good to be a dynamic person instead of static. I am not limited by anything except my own ego, which was dealt a crippling blow on my journey and no longer controls me like it used to. If I were a scientologist I would probably be super-ultra-Clear.

I have you to thank for that in part, by calling me out on my whining about being "stuck" where I am last month. Right now the world is my oyster, and i understand I may be a little overzealous about the change but it is all for the best, the people I met have been aware of this and are helping me to take it one step at a a time. There is no church, no NA, none of that shit only the pure gathering of like minded spiritual people who believe in the one true God who nurtures the Earth and lets our plants grow as well as our souls.

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

Im not sure what all this means. Static...Dynamic is it a religion or a belief? I have always worked for myself. And grown and sold canna along the way. Done my share of drugs along the way too.

Watched my father and Father IN-Law work their entire lives and to leave this world with nothing more then what they came into it with. And Both my father and father inlaw left nothing in the way of security for either of my mothers. Ive been taking care of both of them and sisters and brothers and their kids and my own family ever sense. Eight just under my roof alone. Both my father's were successful one was in electronics with a very large company and father in law was in a huge union they both worked allot they were both gone allot. My father's retirement amounts to less then $200 per month for my mother and My father inlaws check is $125 a month to my mother inlaw. They both died from cigarets 56 and 60 three months apart from each other.
And I knew then and there That wasn't going to me. I quit smoking.
But without thinking about the big picture.....My last biz venture was to own my own Mom and Pop Pizza place because I love to cook and eat.( me and my with being the two)( except I was the one cause she had a great job and we needed the insurance)

So after doing this for 7 years and missing out on everything in my life Birthdays Holidays Sunshine...I sold it Had two more kids and been living the dream. While I miss my employes (SOME were like Fam) and SOME Customers (loosely) I don't re great selling out.

Early in my life I met my wife she has supported me and loved me no matter what.
All our friends at every party ask how did you guys do it. Stay together for so long. And truth we didn't do anything it just has happened for us. Im so lucky and I often think HOW the Fuck did she pick me. Anyway.

I have the house and the Toys but the truth is for me....this life is about the little moments when the wind blows on my face just right and I take that deep breath and my children are playing and my mind goes blank for a second and the only that is in my lungs and mind is life. And I take it all in those moments are what counts. Not the Bills not the car or the cloths....but being one with your soul and knowing if I died today know I always did what I could and said what I could to the people I could.

Thank you to whoever reads this long ass post...sorry I got into it.

K

kolah

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here..just differences...which arise from our genetic traits and from other nurturing aspects which were mostly laid down in the first 5 years of life. There is also some personality transitioning when going through the puberty stage as the hormones start kicking in.

It's good to see the "statics" standing up and speaking out. As I said I like my Gemini duality and bounce around from introvert and extrovert. As I have aged I seem to gravitate to being a more introverted person as I find more true peace and calmness in being alone. Also because many people do share my views or beliefs on life and living. Therefore I choose to avoid those folks...not because they are bad people in any way but only because we have nothing in common. OTOH I often get a bit itchy and need to socialize and spread my wings. For me the mix of the two keeps things interesting.

I think the best approach is to follow your heart and inner tuitions and whatever makes a person happy is the path they should follow. I think physical and emotional problems come into being when we try to be someone we are not (taking the wrong job, marrying the wrong person, pretending to be someone we are not, etc).

Static, dyno or a combo, we are all equal...just different..and IMO that's a good thing. Roll on.

Last edited:
stutter

stutter

i think the trouble is when we try and consider the opposite side we bring our own feelings or even maybe prejudices with us . a dynamo thinks of a static way of life and it makes them feel trapped so you think of statics as if they are trapped and think we must be afraid of change, that is not the case with a true static. we simply know what we want and enjoy and we do it, there is no need to change because we are where we want to be.

it is true there are many dynamos stuck in a static lifestyle because of the way society is and for those people i feel very sorry because they will struggle to find happiness being locked in like that. but for a true static like myself there is no feeling of being trapped, in fact im so detached from society i feel liberated. that said there are true statics who feel trapped also simply because they know what they want and they know who they are but for what ever reason they cant get there.

"I started out with nothing and i still have most of it left" thats how i view it, i save money and work hard but its not about gaining worldly possesions or becoming wealthy for me. as soon as i get some money in the bank i go on a holiday, an adventure or i spend some money on the things i am passionate about, when i go i will leave nothing behind but i dont have children or anything either so its not a priority for me. i simply live every day as it comes, now some of you are probably thinking i sound dynamic because i travel and i enjoy myself but believe it or not static people can have fun, we can go and do things we enjoy and travel may well be one of those things, i love fishing new rivers in new countries etc, but im always relieved when i can come home and fish my home creek where i know every little fish hidey hole.

Dynamic or static what its really all about is finding what your passionate about and going for it, dont let society hold you back, for a dynamo that thing that makes you passionate might change but having the strength and willpower to change and go after your new passions is very important, for a static, you know what you want you always have and you just need to move into a position where you can do that. believe it or not i grew weed as a young man, but for 10 years i simply couldnt do it, society wouldnt allow it but being a static i always new it was something i needed to do. the very day i managed to get myself back into a position that i could grow weed again i had a light hanging in a cupboard and seeds in the ground.

i really would like you guys to understand the static way becasue when i read your posts i see statics described as afraid of change or stuck, we are not. i have never been afraid of anything in my life. i simply know exactly what i want thats why i dont change

stutter

stutter

Ps my wife is a dynamo and sometimes as a static that has me pulling my hair out and im sure she feels that sometimes too but i never let my ways hold her back i can be me anywhere.

Kendo

Kendo

Ps my wife is a dynamo and sometimes as a static that has me pulling my hair out and im sure she feels that sometimes too but i never let my ways hold her back i can be me anywhere.

That is awesome stutter much respect.
I think all humans have a natural fear of change, static or dynamic its all about how you deal with those fears. What I was more referencing was the aspect of change comfort zones and social comfort zones and wondering out loud if there is a link between the personality types and social/change fears.

Top Bottom