EAGLE 20 and Freshly Rooted Clones

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Wear a full face-mask respirator and chemical suite with gloves and boots if you do use it. Eagle20 is horrible nasty stuff, it was developed for turff grass management so please be careful with it. It really should never be used on something consumable but that just my two cents.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I've done it 100 times man. Soil drench PLUS a foliar spray is what I do and I haven't had PM in 2 years.

Right, read what I wrote We did just the soil dench first all by itself (ON A PLANT THAT ALREADY HAD PM !!!) its wasn't doing shit, then we followed up with spraying the plant After the soil drench & the PM was killed & plant lived. So that would be the same thing that you are doing soil drench then few days later spraying the leafs, just letting people know that if its already covered with the shit they need to do both or just spray leafs. I'm glad to hear that you have had great luck with the eagle 20 ew in keeping the PM out of you rooms, some people think its the end of the world when some people use it to save plants, It save a mother plant that we never would have been able to get back...:p

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Wear a full face-mask respirator and chemical suite with gloves and boots if you do use it. Eagle20 is horrible nasty stuff, it was developed for turff grass management so please be careful with it. It really should never be used on something consumable but that just my two cents.

Treebark had meds tested from plants that were treated with E20 it it didn't even show up. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...test-of-avid-forbid-floramite-eagle-20.50151/ It's not as nasty as people would lead you to believe. All you have to do is read the label, suit up and use it responsibly.

Blaze

Blaze

It didn't show up after 6 months - considerably longer that what the labels claims is safe to use. It is a reproductive and developmental toxin as well as an endocrine disruptor. It is also on the Pesticide Action Network (PAN) list of 'Bad Actor Chemicals', a designation reserved only for the most toxic chemicals. It was developed for turf grass management and ornamental plants, not for consumables. It is very toxic stuff and is not something that should be just casually applied.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
It didn't show up after 6 months - considerably longer that what the labels claims is safe to use. It is a reproductive and developmental toxin as well as an endocrine disruptor. It is also on the Pesticide Action Network (PAN) list of 'Bad Actor Chemicals', a designation reserved only for the most toxic chemicals. It was developed for turf grass management and ornamental plants, not for consumables. It is very toxic stuff and is not something that should be just casually applied.

I don't want to argue with you man and I definitely don't want to see this thread turn into another long winded E20 users and lovers vs people blowing it out of proportion thing. Fact is...it was tested and it's proven to be completely fine when used properly and with some common sense. No one is saying "spray it on at week 5 dude, fuck it!". Spray new clones you obtain, spray your mothers, wait a couple months then take clones off of those and run 'em....You will NOT be smoking E20! Is it toxic? Yes. Can it be used responsibly with no residual left in the flowers? YES! It's a great product for treating pm and a great tool to add to your preventative maintenance program on your mother stock. People are going to keep using it because it works so why not just help people to learn to use it responsibly instead of trying to deter them?

Stay safe

D

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Don't make me close this thread lol! Kidding. I was only looking for basic information not a debate. Make a thread for Eagle 20 haters somewhere else no hating around here. I understand the dangers and do not need a lecture on that

This thread is for Eagle 20 users only :)

I know so many people that have lost great strains/ mother plants b/c they would't spray them with Eagle & in return lost the plant...

P

paulycali

Yep sad to say but true. Some can't afford it and some just hate using chemicals

Oh yeah does Eagle 20 leave a white residue all over the leaves? Or will the leaf look nice and clean after application? Thanks :)

P

paulycali

Thanks guys. I have used some sulphur sprays in the past and man do they leave a residue. I like to stare at green pretty looking ladies not one with spots of sulphur all over it. Glad it won't be like that

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

[quote="dan kherbs, post: 990011, member: 39447"

I use 2ml per gallon on clones and moms with no issues.
[/quote]

Yep, 2ml per gal here too. Spray or dunk (preferred) w/ soap/sticker/spreader. Only 1 application required. Soil drench is completely unnecessary. You won't any PM anymore. PERIOD. ... Unless u bring it in on another untreated cut. No residue either.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
That was my case also. I had PM very very bad because i fought it organically for months unsuccessfully and it got worse n worse but after 1 treatment its been gone...going on two years

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter

I dont want to argue either but Im curious how you stand so firm against it when the book that comes with the bottle has multiple pages of edibles you can use it on and I talked to Melissa this morning at Dow and asked her about Cannabis and she said she couldnt tell me because they havent tested for it. She said the list could be endless except they can only print what they have tested for. She did tell me the standard half life is 14 days but it varies.

You would be amazed how many great things come from products developed for other intentions...like rubber wasnt made for tires but i sure prefer them to wooden or steel wheels.

I personally know people who have had their herb tested after using it in veg and finding not a trace in their flowers fwiw

Blaze

Blaze

I didn't come here to argue either, I simply stated that the used needs to be extremely careful when using this product and take proper precautions. Everything I said about it's toxic effects comes straight form the MSDS issued by the company itself if anyone bothered to read it. These chemicals WILL be present in your grow room for sometime if you use it. Frankly I am appalled so many people would recommend using a product, without so much of a mention of its potential health effects if used incorrectly and barely any mention of proper pesticide application or safety.

You should always do your research before using a pesticide. Read the MSDS, see what PAN has to say about it, and check to see if there are any independent studies and/or info about it that is NOT from the company that makes it. Just reading the book that comes with the bottle isn't going to give you a very objective or accurate information a lot of the time. For example Monsanto claims Round-Up is 100% safe despite a considerable of independent studies that show other-wise. Many of the big chemical companies, and particularly DOW, make all sorts of safety claims that are not always accurate or true. If anyone honestly thinks that Eagle 20 is not toxic then they obviously have not done their research, do not understand what it is, and probably shouldn't be using it.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I didn't come here to argue either, I simply stated that the used needs to be extremely careful when using this product and take proper precautions. Everything I said about it's toxic effects comes straight form the MSDS issued by the company itself if anyone bothered to read it. These chemicals WILL be present in your grow room for sometime if you use it. Frankly I am appalled so many people would recommend using a product, without so much of a mention of its potential health effects if used incorrectly and barely any mention of proper pesticide application or safety.

You should always do your research before using a pesticide. Read the MSDS, see what PAN has to say about it, and check to see if there are any independent studies and/or info about it that is NOT from the company that makes it. Just reading the book that comes with the bottle isn't going to give you a very objective or accurate information a lot of the time. For example Monsanto claims Round-Up is 100% safe despite a considerable of independent studies that show other-wise. Many of the big chemical companies, and particularly DOW, make all sorts of safety claims that are not always accurate or true. If anyone honestly thinks that Eagle 20 is not toxic then they obviously have not done their research, do not understand what it is, and probably shouldn't be using it.

Dude have you read all the posts in this thread? All everyone did was talk about being safe, using it responsibly and wearing the proper protective gear.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter

The problem is you show up on every Eagle 20 thread and repeat the same thing over and over. So to say your not here to argue is ridiculous. We do our research, we use the proper gear and we have our meds tested. So unless your hear to argue I guess we shouldn't be hearing anything more about it.

Ps see you on the next E20 thread bud :)

green punk

green punk

As far as safety. I think any one using this product needs to be especially careful when disposing unused and spray rig etc.. And storage in general of the bottle of the cide. where I live the aquifer is very shallow. 35' 40' average.

Blaze

Blaze

Dude have you read all the posts in this thread? All everyone did was talk about being safe, using it responsibly and wearing the proper protective gear.

Then how come not a single person mentioned that you need a full face respirator and a chemical suite other than me? There was ONE mention that you 'might' want to use a respirator form green punk and that was almost towards the end of page 1. Absolutely no mention of proper gear other than my advice. Not to mention you guys are advising someone to use this product before an infestation has even shown up - which is total ass backwards IPM. Never start with the big guns first, always use the least benign pest control first. I have seen nothing on this thread that indicates you or any of the people giving advice on Eagle 20 are using these chemicals safely or responsibly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom