• Thread starter GeneralRipper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeneralRipper

Little history on Eagle-

Developed for the sole purpose of controlling lawn and turf diseases. Later de-regulated for foliar application of fruits with tough skins. Google search: Myclobutanil which is one of main chems in the product. It's known to cause cancer. Also suspected to cause reproductive and developmental effects. I know some of you are thinking that everything can give you cancer theses days and that is very true. This stuff is in another league my friends. If this shit every directly touches your skin even a drop you are going to get lymphatic cancer later in life. Who in there right mind would ever think its ok to be applying this dangerous stuff to something that burned and inhaled into our lungs? Especially after reading this post

At no time is it safe to give this product to cannabis. MMJ is suppose to cure or slow down cancer not give or promote it. If it gives cancer to people without cancer guess what it does to people with cancer? Cancer is scary shit. Its extremely fucked that almost every club in colorado uses it. The bottle warning is a dead giveaway. If you work at a club that makes you apply it without a full body suit and doesn't keep you or all of their employees away for over 40 hours after application. Well, you have case for a good lawsuit.

qupee

qupee

Dude, it's good to promote personal safety when using chems like Eagle 20... Should you wear protective covering while applying and wash up afterwards, changing and washing clothes? Yes.

But, you really detract from the message with inaccurate sensationalism:

If this shit every directly touches your skin even a drop you are going to get lymphatic cancer later in life.

Really? And you expect to take what you're saying seriously?

toxipedia says myclobutanil is used for table grapes and wine grapes. They don't feel nearly as strongly as you about its toxicity.

The acute oral LD50 for mice is 1360 mg/kg

How many mg in a drop? How many kg in a person? Come on.

You can go to the PAN database, too, and read more about it, as well as see that it's used on tomatoes and strawberries.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

The company's web site says that you only need to wait 14 days after spraying you apples to harvest. I'm pretty sure that it's not legal to print that for big Ag. if you can't do it without harming the public. Apples are a thin skin produce, if it was that bad, I don't think they would allow the spraying of the crops that late.
Let's not go over board with propaganda. However, thanks for looking out.

G

GeneralRipper

Dude, it's good to promote personal safety when using chems like Eagle 20... Should you wear protective covering while applying and wash up afterwards, changing and washing clothes? Yes.

But, you really detract from the message with inaccurate sensationalism:

Really? And you expect to take what you're saying seriously?

toxipedia says myclobutanil is used for table grapes and wine grapes. They don't feel nearly as strongly as you about its toxicity.

How many mg in a drop? How many kg in a person? Come on.

You can go to the PAN database, too, and read more about it, as well as see that it's used on tomatoes and strawberries.
Toxic 01
Have you ever herd of the book "toxic sludge is good for you"? LD50 is the dose that kills you. Not gives you cancer later in life. Kind of a little off subject but yea I understand ware you are coming from. The people consuming the wine grapes are not smoking them. They are also not directly touching the chemicals. Myclobutanil is one of many chemicals that are active in the product. Also contains naphthalene, which has been proven to caused cancer in some laboratory animals. Last time I checked Eagle stays active for over 45 days systemically. So technically those strawberries, grapes and apples still have chems in them if you are a person that cares. One of many reasons I eat organic. Last time I checked cancer is a huge problem on todays society. Ever visited a chemotherapy treatment room at any hospital? You should and ask around how they got their cancer. It seems like our government wants us to consume dangerous chemicals and get cancer.

I Cannot consider it MMJ if such chemicals were used. Using stuff like that goes agents the real principles that MMJ was formed on. I kind of view use of this product as being a bit lazy. There are many ways to deal with PM or preventing it that are safe. I don't know any top growers who uses it. It only treats whats on the plants not all the 100,000's of spores that could be contaminating most of the grow.

G

GeneralRipper

The company's web site says that you only need to wait 14 days after spraying you apples to harvest. I'm pretty sure that it's not legal to print that for big Ag. if you can't do it without harming the public. Apples are a thin skin produce, if it was that bad, I don't think they would allow the spraying of the crops that late.
Let's not go over board with propaganda. However, thanks for looking out.

Yea no negative intentions coming from me.

toothpaste causes cancer too..

you should definitely stop brushing your teeth.
I feel eagle is on a different level IMO. I'm not being crazy like this fucker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJK4WFf8WH0

^ We don't need to give that fucker anymore fuel for his ragging fire( please no one post his name) . If Someone is proven to get cancer or hurt from MMJ and gang busters up there will parade his way to the white house and cause irreparable harm to our scene.

E

Empire

I don't know any top growers who uses it. It only treats whats on the plants not all the 100,000's of spores that could be contaminating most of the grow.

i can name a ton of top growers who use it in veg.

and it doesnt treat whats on the plant. it treats whats IN the plant. PM is a systemic disease. even if it doesnt show up on a plant it could still be infected. eagle 20 is normally a single application product. it kills the disease systemically.

i understand your rant about using harsh chemicals. but its ridiculous to try and say cleaning your room and spraying hippy juice on your plants will cure a systemic disease.

so would you call flowers that were infected with powdery mildew but showed no signs of it medical?!!? come on now. u can choose to smoke powdery mildew buds, or u can choose to cure the disease systemically with one application in veg of eagle 20.

id like to see your data results that plants sprayed with eagle 20 in veg have traceable amounts of eagle 20 in the finished flowers. only then do you have an argument. i can show you tons of data results for smoking powdery mildew and it effecting certain diseases. this is why we test for it in medicinal states. do u think these buds tested were dusted in white mold? NO they looked completely normal and mold free to the eye.

G

GeneralRipper

i can name a ton of top growers who use it in veg.

and it doesnt treat whats on the plant. it treats whats IN the plant. PM is a systemic disease. even if it doesnt show up on a plant it could still be infected. eagle 20 is normally a single application product. it kills the disease systemically.

i understand your rant about using harsh chemicals. but its ridiculous to try and say cleaning your room and spraying hippy juice on your plants will cure a systemic disease.

so would you call flowers that were infected with powdery mildew but showed no signs of it medical?!!? come on now. u can choose to smoke powdery mildew buds, or u can choose to cure the disease systemically with one application in veg of eagle 20.

id like to see your data results that plants sprayed with eagle 20 in veg have traceable amounts of eagle 20 in the finished flowers. only then do you have an argument. i can show you tons of data results for smoking powdery mildew and it effecting certain diseases. this is why we test for it in medicinal states. do u think these buds tested were dusted in white mold? NO they looked completely normal and mold free to the eye.

I was trying to imply that the rest of the grow area might have spores that eagle won't kill. You can rid your grow area of pm without eagle. Who are these top growers? Im talking about top top growers. Ill put 5k down that sannie does not and will never. Ed Rosental most like doesn't use it. I think the state should implement laws to make pm infected flowers illegal.

I know of too many clubs that spray eagle on nugs during late flowering. If you do it early in veg(like 45 days before nugset) in theory it should be harmless with the exception of a few leafs.

Have you ever tried a sulfur burner to clean the grow area? as a pretreatment? Its also good for flat out treating it.

M

mrdizzle

Im sure someone who has sprayed it in veg could get that test for traces in the finished product, or maybe not Im no labtech

N

ncmaineac

smokin

i know a man that smoked cigs for 45 years...then one day he quit....just like that....

next day he was run over by a cigarette truck....killed him dead

you never know what will kill ya....

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Well I have a bottle that I have had for about a year now and I used it one time in veg and it cured my pm. Now I use a sulpher burner as a preventative in veg and Run a dehumey at night in flower and Havent seen PM since. I think eagle 20 is a powerful tool when used responsibly. Like many powerful tools abuse can be harmful. I wouldn't reccommend using the stuff regularly and I wear a full rubber suit and respirator when I spray even hippie juice!

nuttso

nuttso

I was trying to imply that the rest of the grow area might have spores that eagle won't kill. You can rid your grow area of pm without eagle. Who are these top growers? Im talking about top top growers. Ill put 5k down that sannie does not and will never. Ed Rosental most like doesn't use it. I think the state should implement laws to make pm infected flowers illegal.

I know of too many clubs that spray eagle on nugs during late flowering. If you do it early in veg(like 45 days before nugset) in theory it should be harmless with the exception of a few leafs.

Have you ever tried a sulfur burner to clean the grow area? as a pretreatment? Its also good for flat out treating it.

Sannie the man himself told me that he used Plant Vitality Plus. We believe that there is abermectin in it. Just not filtered as in avid. So they basically call it organic. If you know how to use them they are pretty safe.

qupee

qupee

I Cannot consider it MMJ if such chemicals were used. Using stuff like that goes agents the real principles that MMJ was formed on. I kind of view use of this product as being a bit lazy. There are many ways to deal with PM or preventing it that are safe.

I don't know about anyone else, but I treated a mother that was cloned and never flowered itself.

If you get PM...one dose of eagle and then correction of YOUR messed UP GARDEN ENVIRONMENT will fix your problem. PM is just telling you that you are lazy and your growing skills need improvement. Fix your growing skills and the rest takes care of itself.

Ya, sounds good. But I had an environment that "shouldn't" have allowed PM to flourish, but I had 1 - just 1 - pheno that always got bad PM. No other strain - or even other phenos of the same strain - in the same room too, would ever get it, just this one pheno.

I spent 6 months trying different treatments and losing plants on multiple cycles trying BS. Finally treated a mom with Eagle, took clones and killed the mom. PM's gone. Same environment.

Now tell me I'm lazy and dangerous.

G

GeneralRipper

Ya, sounds good. But I had an environment that "shouldn't" have allowed PM to flourish, but I had 1 - just 1 - pheno that always got bad PM. No other strain - or even other phenos of the same strain - in the same room too, would ever get it, just this one pheno.

I spent 6 months trying different treatments and losing plants on multiple cycles trying BS. Finally treated a mom with Eagle, took clones and killed the mom. PM's gone. Same environment.

Im referring to clubs here in Colorado who use it on everything every run. As stated before I know some that even spray it onto the nugs in late flower. At one the owner does not supply his workers with protective gear. They have spores every ware and when they stop using eagle pm comes back fast.

qupee

qupee

Im referring to clubs here in Colorado who use it on everything every run. As stated before I know some that even spray it onto the nugs in late flower. At one the owner does not supply his workers with protective gear. They have spores every ware and when they stop using eagle pm comes back fast.

Well ya that's pretty poor practice, and I would avoid there product for sure. But I say Eagle can be used safely and responsibly on cannabis and it can solve acute PM issues where most other treatments are often ineffective. One drop on your skin certainly doesn't guarantee cancer. :sign0065:

But it is good to spread awareness of the potential danger, need to follow good protective procedures, and guidelines for where in the lifecycle it's considered safe to use. Some would say it's safe to use on clones. Personally, I think it's safer to treat a mother prior to cloning. I've heard arguments for dunking being safer than spraying, more control. It's definitely not something to be used where it will regularly contact your skin or be inhaled, and not on flowering plants.

M

MIway

I dunno... started growing a third arm outta my chest after my last round of E20... it's actually kinda handy... ;-)

M

maestro

This stuff is bad news. WTF is wrong with people using ordamental poison on an herb you smoke. IDIOTS! I really don'r see whats so tuff about using a neem regiment. Once a week spray will keep PM n mites under control and during an outbreak every four days spraying will stop it. With the dust n mites n mold around here if you dont have a healthy means of control you are sol..........
Seems common place to poison the shit out of flowers, tumble them then off them to the oblivious public. Consider it a friendly warning from an unseen angel.................Let me toss a lil quality assurance in the ring.We catch ANYONE selling poison herbs or tumbling buds n slingin them ANYWHERE on the front range, we will break thier arms and legs to give them a bit of time to think about "health". Fuck all these gay lil regs n rules you wanna make the streets your hustle you'll play by the its rules too...

M

moodster

eagle works id rather risk it with that then smoke PM mine came form a "friend" in a cut eagle is the only thing that works

F

Florida Cracker

Thats exactly what i said. Treat once with eagle 20 and that should be more than enough if your environment is healthy.

M

maestro

eagle works id rather risk it with that then smoke PM mine came form a "friend" in a cut eagle is the only thing that works

Sorry bro but this is silly and misinformed.
ANY time before a hard freeze ANYWHERE in CO
I'll bet ya 20K there are bunches n bunches PM spores in ANY
sample of fresh air just waiting for an opportunity.
Its just as common as bread mold....um trust me at one time I was quite a mycelial expert....The constant temps n stability of indoor grow environments are perfect for it folks wtf....drop your night temps 20 degrees or more than your day temps you'll notice a lot less problems....

Green cure is expensive n sorta drastic n harsh but super effective n safe. I use it for bad situations occasionally. Neem oil will kill most all fungus , bugs bacteria and is even antiviral....its a life saver for MJ and the two together posses a form of synergy thats pretty unbeleiveable....it must be used regularly though....the stuff in stores is shit n the perservatives in it conteract more than half its properties....get ya some pure cold pressed neem right from india from a terrific lady named Usha at NeemResource Alternatives....if you don't like the results guys I'll fucking buy the rest from ya....

People too lazy to not spray poisons on thier meds are just greedy n lazy...I guarantee eagle is a whole lot more toxic than any powder mildew toxin of any species anywhere....a lot of what we see in CO is downy mildew anyways....a close cousin of pm....but not it....it may infect systemically eventually if it takes over but it definitely moves via sporification....thats why it starts as little circles...ever grow shrooms on a petri or seen a fairy circle "ring of mushrooms" in the hills?

off to lumberjackin!

:banana1sv6:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom