Early color change, any advice?

• Thread starter Brotofsky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

I have a soil potted grow outdoors going in the NE USA. Weather has been oddly wet and chilly for our normal summer. She’s definitely root bound, but grew nicely with one FIM and a lot of bending. I’ve been using up GH trio from my indoor growing. The strain is from a seed found from an accidental cross. Sundae Brunch w/ ?. I just would like to know if this amazing color change is potentially bad. Or if anyone else in the NE is experiencing the same.
Thank you.

Early color change any advice
Early color change any advice 2
Early color change any advice 3
Early color change any advice 4
Early color change any advice 5
Early color change any advice 6
digga25

digga25

Im having the same problems and so is my friend . We are in the North east as well. Looking for help here. Tried fert and compost. Ph is ok about 6.5.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Im having the same problems and so is my friend . We are in the North east as well. Looking for help here. Tried fert and compost. Ph is ok about 6.5.
Thank you for the reply. Maples and the like are already showing seasonal changes here. Hope for all of us that it’s not a big deal for the ladies. Great if she yields some colorful flowers!! 😁

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't think there's anything to worry about here.

I grew in NE from 1976 - 1984, when the climate was noticeably cooler. Color change was normal, though not in August.

digga25

digga25

I gave it some fert 3-9-4. Dr earth flower girl. Didnt seem.to help

BDH420

BDH420

This is crazy Im in the north east and have been away on Phish tour for 2 weeks. I just got home yesterday. My roommate took care of my babies and they are all yellowing now as well. He followed my instructions and just watered and only gave them nutes once while I was gone. My pH is fine as well. Flower seems healthy also. But im super concerned about the yellowing. At first i was upset with him I thought maybe he did something but after he explained he followed my instructions plus he's experienced in growing. He has way more knowledge then I do as his parents grew his whole life. I trust it wasn't anything he did. It could be me. I only feed them compost teas I make my self. which Is new to me as we normally only grow indoors With DWC. But I wanted some amazing sun grown no till cannabis this year and my Father isn't doing well on cancer front. So I was going to turn all but one plant into rso. So i'm not going for bag appeal I just want potent sun grown Cannabis. They just started getting frosty. which i guess is a good sign. But the yellowing is bugging me. Do I remove the yellow leaves? Should i give her some more Nitrogen? I'm so happy this thread was made today. I was going out of my mind with this. I need to talk with my neighbor his plants right against my fence are huge and dark green I'm talking 10+ feet tall and 5-7 feet wide and are perfect spheres. He only has 2 but combined are bigger then my 4. His were pretty big when they put them out and are in huge probably 100+ gallon pots.
8 18Yellowleaves

Last edited:
NorthernGreener

NorthernGreener

I'm in northeast Canada and am also have the color fade as well on both my chocolope and my sour D. Just fed them blood and bone meal tea to boost my Nitrogen to see if it helps , will keep yall posted
20210901 190220

20210901 172255
20210901 194535 11
Last edited:
Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

I’m first timer in the Northeast and I am having same issues too. It was a super hot august here and I never gave them any shade during the day, notice it getting progressively worse on all plants now that it’s cooled down. I’ve been told not to worry about it, but I am haa. I’ve been told N deficiency I’ve been told leaf burn/bleaching from heat… I just started giving them cal mag once a week two weeks ago but won’t be keeping that up much longer. Good luck, fingers crossed for us.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I’m happy to that a bunch of us are having the exact experience, it’s more than likely environmental and not a fixable deficiency.
It is environmental. It's a nutrient uptake issue caused by high humidity. Plants are struggling to transpire. If the plants can't transpire, they cannot move nutrients from the soil so it's moving those nutes from within itself. In some of the examples people posted, overly wet soil from the recent rains might be contributing as well. So in a nutshell, this is a"hot, wet, humid" issue combined with "too much rain" type of problem. The solution is for the plant's environment to moderate. "More air flow, less heat and humidity and less rain." Those are tough things for a grower to manage when growing outdoors.

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

It is environmental. It's a nutrient uptake issue caused by high humidity. Plants are struggling to transpire. If the plants can't transpire, they cannot move nutrients from the soil so it's moving those nutes from within itself. In some of the examples people posted, overly wet soil from the recent rains might be contributing as well. So in a nutshell, this is a"hot, wet, humid" issue combined with "too much rain" type of problem. The solution is for the plant's environment to moderate. "More air flow, less heat and humidity and less rain." Those are tough things for a grower to manage when growing outdoors.

Will this hurt the final product at all? Should we have concern even though we can’t control Mother Nature… I feel like the buds are undersized and haven’t grown in a couple weeks. Updated pics below as well. Thanks

C9C56FB7 CDDD 443D BC98 A374C2291A0E
4BFBC9C1 AC36 40EC 9919 66EDEC833EDD
4134E0C4 BF7C 49AD 91BC 63385D039D7A
C2F7DC3C 810C 4798 9D5F 0307D0E9B250
BF8E575F 3032 4686 8AE8 9F7853B5091A
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Nice plant! Unfortunately I’d say yes it will hurt b/c the plant is not in its ideal conditions. No control over that. I schwazzed (lollipopped) my outdoor to get rid of larfy crap and ensure that all concentration was on colas. It’s to late for you to start that now. Best thing in your favor is 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. You should still have a lot of bulking up before harvest. ✊🏼

Rooke

Rooke

Heya you N.E. Farmers just wondering if you can reach mid October timeframe where you folks are at?

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

If we could control the weather!! 😜 Weather is so unpredictable up here. It’s a total crap shoot up here. For guarantees you’d need potted ladies that can be dragged inside on bad days or a greenhouse. About 10 yrs ago we got 18” of snow mid October.

BDH420

BDH420

If we could control the weather!! 😜 Weather is so unpredictable up here. It’s a total crap shoot up here. For guarantees you’d need potted ladies that can be dragged inside on bad days or a greenhouse. About 10 yrs ago we got 18” of snow mid October.
It really is. I have one that's very close to finishing and 3 others that's about 3 or 4 weeks. every morning I say today's the day but some more nice weather is around the corner and I think I could let her go a little longer. But the day I wake up and see a week of bad weather shes getting the chop. I think i need to let her go for another week or so. But wow am I anxious to chop her down and not have to worry about this one and mid september and october weather here in the NE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom