Early color change, any advice?

• Thread starter Brotofsky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wawa53

wawa53

I have a soil potted grow outdoors going in the NE USA. Weather has been oddly wet and chilly for our normal summer. She’s definitely root bound, but grew nicely with one FIM and a lot of bending. I’ve been using up GH trio from my indoor growing. The strain is from a seed found from an accidental cross. Sundae Brunch w/ ?. I just would like to know if this amazing color change is potentially bad. Or if anyone else in the NE is experiencing the same.
Thank you.
Your lacking phosphrous in my opinion. Way to early to be getting colors already not till the end.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Your lacking phosphrous in my opinion. Way to early to be getting colors already not till the end.
Part of the problem. Phosphorus needs diminish after stretch and many bloom nutes have more P than needed once the buds begin to fill out. At that point, P needs go down and K needs go way up.

However, at least in my area of the country, the hot wet summer we had through July and August interfere with the plant's ability to uptake. A plant must transpire to uptake nutes through it's root system. Transpiration becomes difficult in muggy humid conditions and this contributes to the problem.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

This will make a good discussion. What are the signs that it is lack P?
@Aqua Man, I'm personally not seeing a P issue. I think one of your favorite topics for indoor growers also shows up outside when the weather has been as unfriendly as it has been. Its VPD related. It's been all over this summer. The one common ingredient in all cases seems to be abnormally hot, wet, humid weather. Sometimes it would make sense to put a fan on your grow even outdoors.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man, I'm personally not seeing a P issue. I think one of your favorite topics for indoor growers also shows up outside when the weather has been as unfriendly as it has been. Its VPD related. It's been all over this summer. The one common ingredient in all cases seems to be abnormally hot, wet, humid weather. Sometimes it would make sense to put a fan on your grow even outdoors.
Yeah P is also accumulated and if you have a deficiency mid flower your almost certainly not going to fix it by adding more.

Imo P is important through veg and stretch... then it's a done deal and K is the important one.

Adding high P will cause all sorts of issues imo so it's important to provide it up to end of stretch cause after that imo your hooked and just need to ride it out.

And most certainly a P issue is almost always temp and VPD.... watering also. I agree transpiration issue 99% of the time.

Top Bottom