early flower production

• Thread starter GeneticFreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GeneticFreak

My plants had a lot of problems early on. But since they hit that explosive phase and I flipped them they have been pretty good with the exception of some leaf burn and small slow growing bud sites. Stems look green and there's not huge signs of stress. My main concern is why are the bud sites so slow? Is this typical for uc in the beggining of flower? Or do I need to change something up going into flower? Going on three weeks and they just don't seem to be at the point where I think they should be.

Unit541

Unit541

My experience has been that while the growth rate in a UC is significantly increased over other methods, the progression through the life cycle is a tad slower, at least with the strains I've been running. In flower, the UC is always a week or two behind.

Sannies Killing Fields for example, goes about 11 weeks in soil. I also take it at 11 weeks in coco and even flood tables. In the UC though, it takes 12.5 - 13 weeks to ripen the same.

This is not to say somethings not amiss, but if they're otherwise happy let them do their thing.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
The increased nitrogen uptake that water culture facilitates can inhibit the blooming cycle a bit and slow bud development. This is why it's so important to boost you bloom enhancers and decrease your N to encourage more explosive bud set.

You may also consider dropping your water level in early bloom as a means of encouragement as well.

G

GeneticFreak

Thank you both for the input! If they are in fact just slow due to the nature of uc I can't wait to see them finished. These are by far the biggest plants I've ever grown.
I will drop the N a bit and increase big bud. I have actually been running up my calmmg because of the look of deficiency in the leaves.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
The Calcium Nitrate in Cal Mag could def be working to inhibit bloom formation...consider no more than 1 mil a gal. Defs shouldn't be an issue assuming you're using a good base nute.

G

GeneticFreak

I'm using House and Garden. I will cut the calmg back tonight. I only added it into my top off yesterday. What could be causing this? I raised my lights and added calmg. What should my environment numbers look like from day to night? I could list everything but I would rather get the target and try to hit it. 6k, 15site, 48k btu ac, and tank co2. Oh yeah and what's your take on h2o2 and zone together uchq? Thanks for the help!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
We saw the same thing.... didn't seem like much was going on and then all of a sudden around mid-late 3rd week and into 4th of flower, they just seemed to take off in the UC!!

Few Pics

Day 17:
New17day

Day 21:
New21day

Day 28:
New28day

Day 30:
Newday30

Day 30-2:
Newday302

Day 37:
New37day

Day 37-2:
New372day

Day 43 looks way bigger but don't have any pics uploaded yet.

-ALLegal420

G

GeneticFreak

We saw the same thing.... didn't seem like much was going on and then all of a sudden around mid-late 3rd week and into 4th of flower, they just seemed to take off in the UC!!

Few Pics

Day 17:
View attachment 191296

Day 21:
View attachment 191297

Day 28:
View attachment 191298

Day 30:
View attachment 191301

Day 30-2:
View attachment 191302

Day 37:
View attachment 191299

Day 37-2:
View attachment 191300

Day 43 looks way bigger but don't have any pics uploaded yet.

-ALLegal420

So there's hope after all huh! I'll stay the course!

T

turboz

So there's hope after all huh! I'll stay the course!
I say keep on keeping on. Here is a couple pics from day 42 flower of the same grow Allegal420 posted. Just make sure your nitrogen is where it should be compared to your P/K and it will work out fine.

G

GeneticFreak

They're still slow?? Small buds that look great are cool but I think something may be wrong. What's ideal water temp in flowering? I think its temp related. Any he'll would be appreciated.
Water temp 65deg
Room temp 75
Ppm 1055
Co2 ppm 1400

Z

ZombieSlave

Dutch master gold line has a 2.0 EC in week you 1055ppm is like 1EC
so maybe your short? if you dont have leave tip burn your probibly short. just a thought.

G

GeneticFreak

Dutch master gold line has a 2.0 EC in week you 1055ppm is like 1EC
so maybe your short? if you dont have leave tip burn your probibly short. just a thought.
I'm using House N Garden and I would agree with you. I'm going to kick it up to 1200 to 1400 by the end of the week. I'm looking for water temp suggestions as well. Any feedback on that?

rvd

rvd

1050 ppm sounds to high to me.i was at 600 and got 3 3\4 p from a small 8 site

G

GeneticFreak

I said I was going to get to 1200 a couple weeks ago and never did it. Now I'm wondering if that's why they're slow. Today they're really starting to smell like death star but still not where I would think they should be. I want to bring up the room temps too but they're really tall and getting close to the lights. I dont wanna burn em. Gonna take some chances, hope they work out. I'm going to increase my room and water temps a bit.
Rvd my plants would die if I ran em that low. Thanks though!

rvd

rvd

looks like you got the right temps and 02 what about cold nights?rvd i like 700 ppm tops

F

farmseeker

Hey Genetic.... I know what you are saying.... The flower process has been sooo slow with the Chemdog D I am running... But they are starting to take off.... I have backed off the cal mag as well... leaves look like they have a slight deficiency but I am gonna let them run their course.... I use DM gold running steady at 1450 ppm's.. Bumped it a little higher but started to see nute burn... I added some big bud and will just stay on top of the nutes.... Heres a pic of where they are at right now

room_019_Medium_2_.jpg

G

GeneticFreak

Mine don't even look that good. Fuck! This morning I checked em and the flowers are stretching like they are reaching for light or reverting back into veg. I raised the temp 2 deg last night and that must be it. But they still don't look right for 5th week. Ill put up a pic tonight.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

properly managed UCs can grow up to 4-5 inches per day at the hight of stretch. don't worry about it.

G

GeneticFreak

Hey DS thanks for chimin in. The problem I'm having is that the buds arent growing much (about the size of a quarter in the fifth week) and now they are stretching and bleaching on the tops. I'm out of room to move the hoods any higher. Can I cut the tops down to the level that I'm not having problems? I'm stressin on this one cause I still have six weeks left. I can't have herms from heat/ light stress. Room is cool at 73 but the tops are probably 85. I'm also running co2 to compensate for the heat but I can't get around the intensity of the lights.

G

GeneticFreak

Air movement! I wasn't moving enough air efficently over the plants and I was getting hot spots. Another thing I figured out is that turning off my carbon filters allowed my RH to come up without turning on the humidifiers. So changing fan placement and shutting down the filters appears to have improved things overnight. Thanks for the help everyone.

Top Bottom