Earth Juice nutes and water quality...

• Thread starter yezmar420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yezmar420

yezmar420

So I'm curious about the results of my experiences with Earth Juice nutes...

So I basically found I out that RO water and Earth Juice is a big NO NO....it doesn't blend correctly and the nutes sink to the bottom...on top of that the PH never adjusts even after 24-48 hours of bubbling...

I found that tap water seems to work fine..my problem is that tap water has things in it that I don't want in my medicine...namely..the residue of other medicines plus the chlorine/chloramine that might be in it, I prefer to control the medium that creates my product. When blended with tap water the nutes mix right in and the PH adjusts after 24 hours of bubbling..as recommended by the 3LB's...

I tried using a standard filter..this one actually..

http://www.pacificsandsinc.com/html/hose_filter.html

and the nutes blended with the water fine but I had the PH problem, it stayed at 4.

Does anybody have any tips on how they handled this?..the company that represents the Earth Juice Nutes even says to use tap water..what is it in the tap water that makes the nutes work?

I'm stumped on this one. The PPM between the tap and standard filter was 11ppm..tap was 215...filtered was 204. I find it hard to believe that the 11ppm the filter took out was the stuff that controlled the nutes..any thoughts?

R

Rolln J

try filling a garbage can or big container with tap water - put a bubble stone in it and let is sit for 48 hours - your chlorine should dissipate.

never used that brand - sorry I have no other solution - its an odd problem Ill give ya that!

justiceman

justiceman

That is a very interesting problem. Do you or have you put a cal mag supplement in your R/O water? I honestly haven't used EJ but that's about the only thing I can think of. I know that the micro blast has some magnesium but I don't believe the EJ line has any type of calcium in it. I don't know if it will help or if it's true but I have heard that Cal and Mag play a role in the ph balance of water before.

yezmar420

yezmar420

That is a very interesting problem. Do you or have you put a cal mag supplement in your R/O water? I honestly haven't used EJ but that's about the only thing I can think of. I know that the micro blast has some magnesium but I don't believe the EJ line has any type of calcium in it. I don't know if it will help or if it's true but I have heard that Cal and Mag play a role in the ph balance of water before.

that's what I was thinking it was also...could be that the cal and mag are the things it binds to and causes it to chelate (I think that's the word?)...in the RO water it literally looks like it curdles and sinks...doesn't dissipate at all..

K

keyplay

I'm curious too as I've always used EJ with PH up and down and still watched the organic's PH fly all over the place. Kind of frustrating when you are doing hydro and need 5.8.-6.2. I use a Tall Boy which should take out the chlorine, lead, arsenic, and other garbage with no waste water run off.
I will be attempting to use Earth Juice on a 30 pot run coming up with Quantum Growth microbiololgy in a week.

yezmar420

yezmar420

i use cal mag, and a turkey baster to pump the water while i spin the water stirring the nutes in, it works great, with ro and ej

interesting method...thanks for the tip!

I'm starting to think the calcium is what the RO water was missing...very helpful..do you use the botanicare one?...do you have to adjust your PH at all or does it drift up naturally?

I'm curious too as I've always used EJ with PH up and down and still watched the organic's PH fly all over the place. Kind of frustrating when you are doing hydro and need 5.8.-6.2. I use a Tall Boy which should take out the chlorine, lead, arsenic, and other garbage with no waste water run off.
I will be attempting to use Earth Juice on a 30 pot run coming up with Quantum Growth microbiololgy in a week.

You might wanna read this persons post...

has a wealth of info...I also had the problem with the PH all over the place and it was because of the PH up and down..

It's interesting to see how people get different results with the same product...

michaelfranti's suggestion is something I'm going to tinker with..

I actually was able to get a hold of the manufacturer of Earth Juice to ask them the question..seeing as how they don't list any contact info I discovered that there is a hydro store in northern california that is owned by the manufacturers of Earth Juice and they told me to use straight tap water...when I tried to ask about RO and filtered the guy said to not even waste your time and to use tap that has been sitting for a couple days to get the chlorine out..

Top Bottom