Earth Worm Castings

• Thread starter kuz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuz

EWC is the most expensive part of my soil mix, anyone know a source to find it in bulk around pueblo or colorado springs.

Sirtiva

Sirtiva

In springs:

High yeild organics (formerly rockymountainwormco)

-great ewc he will fill a 5 gallon bucket for around 40 if you bring your own. his buckets for 55ish

Wormies worm farm
- available at ricks garden center or the farmers market. a little cheaper than HYO but same neighborhood.

Happy growing!

Sirtiva

Sirtiva

My woman has a hard time with me bringing guano into the house to mix it into teas, she'd really have a hard time trying to explain to her that I was trying to produce copious amounts of worm shit indoors ... Maybe someday, but for now I have to buy it.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
In springs:

High yeild organics (formerly rockymountainwormco)

-great ewc he will fill a 5 gallon bucket for around 40 if you bring your own. his buckets for 55ish
Happy growing!
I second this recommendation. Nothing beats fresh castings!

K

kuz

My woman has a hard time with me bringing guano into the house to mix it into teas, she'd really have a hard time trying to explain to her that I was trying to produce copious amounts of worm shit indoors ... Maybe someday, but for now I have to buy it.
I tried it before at home there was a lot of bugs in it. I dont see why it wouldnt attract root aphids as well, even though every thing I read said all the bugs in a worm farm wouldnt damage healthy plants. I'm doing it outdoors this next time.

I'll get some from high yield organics next time I pass through the springs, thanks.

G gnome

G gnome

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I got the same bin.

I use it to breed in the winter, for a faster spring start.

Outdoors I have been farming in 400 gallon smart pots, but this season I am building worm pits. Thinking 50-100 ft long, 3 ft wide. Then start stacking those side by side under my oak trees. Is it weird I want a million worms?

G gnome

G gnome

I got the same bin.

Outdoors I have been farming in 400 gallon smart pots, but this season I am building worm pits. Thinking 50-100 ft long, 3 ft wide. Then start stacking those side by side under my oak trees. Is it weird I want a million worms?
No way is that weird and dont u let anyone tell u otherwise. I admire ur enthusiasm! !!

K

kuz

I got the same bin.

It may be weird but I am thinking along the same lines.

Sirtiva

Sirtiva

Picked up some castings today, posting because relevancy, if you can make it to High yield organics in springs you wont be disappointed

20160108 142535
Underthesun

Underthesun

How do you guys get enough food for your worms for such big beds? Or what are you using for food?

I've just been doing indoor worm farming but looking to expand outdoors for the warm months. But I don't produce enough food scraps, and ripping paper for that much area would be a full time job. Manure/leaves?

Top Bottom