Easiest Way To Mix And Cook Supersoil

• Thread starter 3N1GM4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I guess I am going to have to get a kiddie pool, where can you get one in november?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

In all seriousness, here is what I would do.

50 gallons or less = Hand mix. Best possible way. Shovels in a kiddie pool, tarp or on strait concrete. At my old place, I would hand mix yards of soil on my concrete. I would rinse the concrete first, then plop down the soil.

50g-2 yards = Hand mix. Concrete mixer.

2-50 yards = Hand Mix. Concrete Mixer. Have your soil yard mix the soil. Mahindra's. John Deere.

50-1000+ = Custom soil mix from the yard, tractors.

Last year I hand turned 40+ yards, and moved 40+ yards of fresh soil by hand. Truck, Wheel barrows, shovels, and determination. I had the load dropped down the street, (access issues) then into my truck, then into wheel barrows, then into smart pots or beds.

To answer your question about the plastic kiddie pool, I would call a local small pool supply store. If they don't still have one in stock, they will order you up one. I know Amazon only has blow up type, as the shipping is most likely too expensive. Or just buy extra in the spring, but that isn't going to help you now.

Or just buy a tarp.

Homesteader

Homesteader

37 gallon totes and a corded drill with a grout paddle mixer attached.

Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry

I spread it out on the garage floor, add my ammendments, lightly spray with water to keep the dust down then move the pile from one end of the floor to the other and back a few times. Then it goes into a 30 gallon trash can and I 2.5-3 gallons of water and molasses to it and let it cook.

If Im adding perlite, I stick a garden hose in a small hole in the top and punch a few small holes in the bottom and rinse it really well to wash all the dust off. That shit kills my lungs more than the burn pits in iraq did.

Top Bottom