East Coast Vs. West Coast

• Thread starter ZONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZONER

ZONER

Hey Farmers,
Just wondering what the most sought after smoke on the East and West coasts right now ?

Zoner........

Canman

Canman

Morning Zoner. This Tokyo Og is from San Diego.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Lmao I was gna say its quite dry out here in the NE so I hear.. Im sure theyd love to smoke just about anything green.

Calixylon

Calixylon

I think it goes by what is the most potent, flavorful, well grown, crystal laden nugtron. Everyone wants those popular/ new strains like GSC but if a super well grown flower is around people won't hesitate to spend big money, lineage isn't as important on the east coast, still a black market for the most part here, so trusting people is tough, unless your close to the grower.

But the sour d, blue strains, Chem, white strains, those are usually standard crosses that I can always find. Then Maine has a huge amount of variety as a lot of people do a lot of seed popping in the area, the clone game isn't big other than trades amongst friends. So you can always find great random genetics. One popular Maine made strain is MOB , mother of berry, I always liked millions of berries, that's what I was told originally.

Last edited:
ZONER

ZONER

I always find it amazing when I smoke some melt into the couch, late night relaxing shit....that a close acquaintance comes up with shit that I never heard of raving how much better his shit was. Sometimes I think people just give a crazy name to an item just to make people believe that there is some new crazy strain out there that they just GOTTA HAVE, makes me think that the dude moving it is just a great used car salesman or woman...

But these folks new turn my shit down ever...... Think I gotta close my circle up a little tighter...hahaha

Calixylon

Calixylon

Honestly if it passes my looks test, I'm happy, and if it dosent pass the look test, but has a rocking stench of dank ness I'm happy, if it has both, then I'm psyched.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Down here in the southwest, you can get a wide variety but there's no super sought after. Every thinks they're a connoisseur but no one knows wtf they have most of the time. Black market is still better quality than the dispensaries. Occasionally I see some OG come through and that stuff seems to move quick and everyone is always raving about blue dream even though no one grows it decent out here. Personally, I prefer whatever my guy gets, especially when he gets from his grower friend. Excellent product most of the time.

Canman

Canman

Stepped back in the time machine and paid 1991 prices while on vacation.. Here's the OG Kush from PLoma.. 65$/3.5/30.4%..lol.... First bonger got my forehead sweating.. No lemon taste.. Reminds me a lot of the UD I got from LF
at the HTCC in Feb just not as wide a range of flavor.. Have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone.. Canman

Junk

Junk

I don't agree with it's popularity, but on the East Coast Blue Dream just keeps on being produced cuz people want it. I've had it from 3 different growers, one of whom I consider a hydro master (see the "Define a Master Grower" thread). The other, I would consider a master (I'll explain). The third was nothing to sneeze at.

So, aside from the guy I'll refer to as the hydro master, one of the others was from a Maine Dispensary. I was reading a thread on here but didn't comment on it, but I should. I didn't feel like logging in on my iPad. But it was about dispensaries "stepping on" the product. Either with super aggressive trimming, or the product just wasn't the quality of what you would expect to find at a place that specializes in getting/making good product.

But in Mass, patients were able to go to the centers in Maine until dispensaries finally opened up in our state. I read there are some open now, but it's like 2.5 years later than the law said they should be.

Anyway, I've only been to one dispensary up there, The Maine Wellness Center, & I don't know if they purchase or produce their product, but they don't play. I've never seen so many, I mean, absolutely smothering the bud, massive, almost all cloudy & visible to the naked eye, trichomes (in tact) on one piece of bud. Not from the 'Dam, not from any of the growers, even the two that I would call masters. It's unbelievable. Get a 1 gram bag & you can dump the trichomes out when you are done like it was cereal. It almost looks artificial, but it's for real. Whoever is growing their product, has got their stuff locked. To people like us, who don't look at bud the same way a non-grower would, it's really unbelievable.

The third guy grows great product too. I'll put it this way, I'm just "ok", he is "pretty good."

Arriving back to my point, I don't get the fascination with Blue Dream. I've had is from good growers, & I've had the pre & post Dj Short cuts.

This is how I know that cannabis affects us all differently. Most people seem to LOVE the stuff. Even if a weed is not in my "favorite strains" list, I can usually still understand it's popularity. But the Blue Dream, I just don't get it. Whatever you guys who like it are getting from it, I'm not getting. There is proof right there that we all are affected differently by cannabis.

Hell's Angel & Goji are also a popular ones. I don't sell product, but know caregivers who do (donation basis), & those two & the Blue Dream, almost always are sold as soon as they leave the curing jars.

The Hells Angel, & Goji though, I get why people want it so bad. The Blue Dream, I don't.

ZONER

ZONER

Thanks for the input everyone.....some good info right there.

masshole61

masshole61

There's so much quality from Colorado west that there's no comparison to east coast . I'm in mass too and and in spite of the new laws in 2012 there's still a tiny percentage of the population who grow. I'd say at least ninety percent of the weed in mass is imported from other states ( those lucky enough to have a "friend" in Cali) and at that you are at the mercy of the importer, who typically gravitate toward cash cropper weed that looks great, smells ok, if your lucky medicates.
Still waiting on the green wave to reach mass. Maybe in 2016 when recreational consumption goes on the ballot.
That and I'm waiting on tnelz to finish up that west coast sour diesel!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I don't agree with it's popularity, but on the East Coast Blue Dream just keeps on being produced cuz people want it. I've had it from 3 different growers, one of whom I consider a hydro master (see the "Define a Master Grower" thread). The other, I would consider a master (I'll explain). The third was nothing to sneeze at.

So, aside from the guy I'll refer to as the hydro master, one of the others was from a Maine Dispensary. I was reading a thread on here but didn't comment on it, but I should. I didn't feel like logging in on my iPad. But it was about dispensaries "stepping on" the product. Either with super aggressive trimming, or the product just wasn't the quality of what you would expect to find at a place that specializes in getting/making good product.

But in Mass, patients were able to go to the centers in Maine until dispensaries finally opened up in our state. I read there are some open now, but it's like 2.5 years later than the law said they should be.

Anyway, I've only been to one dispensary up there, The Maine Wellness Center, & I don't know if they purchase or produce their product, but they don't play. I've never seen so many, I mean, absolutely smothering the bud, massive, almost all cloudy & visible to the naked eye, trichomes (in tact) on one piece of bud. Not from the 'Dam, not from any of the growers, even the two that I would call masters. It's unbelievable. Get a 1 gram bag & you can dump the trichomes out when you are done like it was cereal. It almost looks artificial, but it's for real. Whoever is growing their product, has got their stuff locked. To people like us, who don't look at bud the same way a non-grower would, it's really unbelievable.

The third guy grows great product too. I'll put it this way, I'm just "ok", he is "pretty good."

Arriving back to my point, I don't get the fascination with Blue Dream. I've had is from good growers, & I've had the pre & post Dj Short cuts.

This is how I know that cannabis affects us all differently. Most people seem to LOVE the stuff. Even if a weed is not in my "favorite strains" list, I can usually still understand it's popularity. But the Blue Dream, I just don't get it. Whatever you guys who like it are getting from it, I'm not getting. There is proof right there that we all are affected differently by cannabis.

Hell's Angel & Goji are also a popular ones. I don't sell product, but know caregivers who do (donation basis), & those two & the Blue Dream, almost always are sold as soon as they leave the curing jars.

The Hells Angel, & Goji though, I get why people want it so bad. The Blue Dream, I don't.
My personal opinion on the real deal Blue Dream.

If you smoke alot of good indicas, or have a high tolerance: the Blue Dream just doesn't have any kick.

If you only smoke occasionally or stick to sativas the Blue Dream is good smoke.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
My personal opinion on the real deal Blue Dream.

If you smoke alot of good indicas, or have a high tolerance: the Blue Dream just doesn't have any kick.

If you only smoke occasionally or stick to sativas the Blue Dream is good smoke.

That's not a bad point at all. I tend to stick more with indica doms and have a super high tolerance, so that makes total sense.

Mr.X

Mr.X

If i may... blue dream saturated the market about 3 yrs ago in the east coast. It got to a point where people were requesting it be anything but BD, the outdoors season in the west coast dictates the prices in the east. Just as anyone on the east noticed the rise and scarcity of top shrlf bud for the past 2 months. IMO, due to the drought in the west coast. In the wholesale realm though, in the east all people are interested is in Sour diesel and or haze varieties. Those will fetch top dollar as opposed to the west coast where everybody's riding the kush wave, everything is mixed with kush or has an OG in the mix. Whereas in the east all kush's ard considered extoics and fetch lesser. Dont get me started with greenies...

Latest posts

Top Bottom