Eastcoast Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter lazyfarma420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

In on the northeast and I've bin in preflower for about 2 weeks to my understanding natural 12/12 starts late September my question is will my flowers be mature enough before the cold weather comes and if it doesn't what should I do

boo

boo

I only grow indoors but if I'm correct the outdoor plants should have been in the ground already...you get frost in November right...

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

There in a pot not the ground do ypu live on the eastcoast?

boo

boo

east coast but way south...lived in jersey for 17 years and bailed for the south but I remember the weather being pretty chilly in the fall...most outdoor folks know up in boston area are well established in the ground as of a month ago...

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

I didn't bury them there in plastic pots already has alot of white hair growth just don't want to loose them to the frost

ZONER

ZONER

I'm in PA and your good till the third week in September, then comes the mold watch.... gonna have to get out there every morning to shake the dew off the girls. Also it depends on what genetics your growing out. I grew out B.O.G.S lifesaver last year and only lost about 5% to mold issues ( my own fault). Hopefully you have them in the full sun all day long..
Be vigilant and check on the girls every day and check the weather on line everyday also.

Peace.........Zoner :-)

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

Yea I go every morning and I def shake the shit out of them the equinox for 12/12 starts Sept 23 so I guess my question is if they start budding end of September will it have enough ti,e to be done by Nov 1st??

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
If they have white hairs there already budding. Strain depending most everything is done by first week in oct. You will be fine.they don't need a perfect 12/12 to start budding as of aug 1 st the days start getting shorter and the plants go full speed into flower.
KMK

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Wow, Im in the NE and have been making myself crazy going over this same thing @lazyfarma420 ! I got 2 that are farily big (around 4ft) and they just last week started throwing off white pistils everywhere but im still nervous about mold and all the rain we get come end of sept beg oct. I also have about 10 plants that i shoulda started waaayyyyyy sooner but things got all fucked up and they are only about 12 to 18 inches and are only at like their 6th node tops....Im all sorts of nervous abnout it but hey theres nothing much i can do. If I see that a few of them are doing rreally good but deff will not make it in time for outside I might just bring em in and finish them in my indoor tent but i am really trying to avoid that. I think as long as i am vigilent i will be able to take these girls thru end of oct if needed...Good Luck to both of us!!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I don't mean to jack your thread but i thought since its on topic id post a few pics of my girls progress...
First are my 2 big girls that i am sure will be done in time with no worries.. IMG 20150818 1038391 IMG 20150818 1038451

Then these are the lil ones that I deff started late...I still haven't been able to even sex all of them so im not sure how many will be dead men walking..IMG 20150818 1040241 IMG 20150818 1039031

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

Lol nah its all good bro that's what everybody here for to take and give advice I'm glad so e body else has the same stress I do lol

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

Last edited:
Sunbaked

Sunbaked

Outdoors you choice of strain has more to do with finishing on time than anything else. I'm around the 44th parallel. so I chose all indica heavy for outdoors. and since I have had the white plague too, I chose a mold resistant strain. My mold has always come from infected clones not rain. my clones came from seed plants . I will never buy from commercial sellers. they will sell you infected clones. it's just money to them.
my mold resistant strain choice was Holland's Hope. got 6 of them . monsters.

B

brimck325

most strains go into flower around 14/10.....very end of july to first 2-3 weeks in august.

Icristal

Icristal

Nice plants you 2,,thanks for letting us post our east coast happenings in your thread,,,good luck all.

Here is a picture of mine just as they started setting flowers mid July ( all my gardens seem to be 2 weeks early this year)
,,a little taller now,,,but lots of bud sites and pistols are getting bigger,,lol As for mold,,keep bottom cleaned up ( these were cleaned after this picture) and if you see too much moister on them shake-em off a bit. It rained allot last fall in NE, I had no mold problems. But plants are bigger this year, so watching close just in case. I am running 3 different strains. I have 1 odd ball I put out 2nd week in August, it has grown almost 2 feet since , won't be a big one, but will have a nice cpl colas on her. Aside from not feeding them enough at the start of flowering,,they are doing great. It just pushed the larger fan leaves to yellow sooner on the bottom than I though they would. All good now.

Keeo it green
Icristal

Top Bottom