Easy Cheap ebb and grow system ideas??

• Thread starter -hydrofarmer-
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

if u don't like the rules here, go play somewhere else. Again some very knowledgeable growers try to give u some pointers and u spit in there face. Even if you don't appreciate the help at least pretend. I don't like everything people say to me but I still show a little respect.

H

-hydrofarmer-

if u don't like the rules here, go play somewhere else.
Again some very knowledgeable growers try to give u some pointers and u spit in there face. Even if you don't appreciate the help at least pretend. I don't like everything people say to me but I still show a little respect.

Go play somewhere else? pretty sure growing aint playing. Bro i haven't spit in there face.. I had certain amount of money and spent as much as i could so if u guys tell me what else to do it WONT help at this point i have no money. Mittenmedgrow used to think u were pretty chill.. not no more!

I

IVIars

Bro....bro.....bro. why did you go with ebb and flow if you were on a limited budget bro? IMO aero is better than ebb and flow. I had 4 successful grows from veg to flower in the same system, the last two I put the clones in the system and used it as a cloner bro. So from start to finish the plants never moved, just added water and nutes bro. Oh and most aero systems also incorporate the NFT bro

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Ebb & Grow = Sucky way to get root rot, won't happen till your plants are big and the bottoms of the roots sit in 2-3 inches of water all the time. Then you will need and airstone AND all that hydroton...

R

RMCG

Ebb & Grow = Sucky way to get root rot, won't happen till your plants are big and the bottoms of the roots sit in 2-3 inches of water all the time. Then you will need and airstone AND all that hydroton...

Elevating buckets with bricks helps to drain completely, but yeah I would go with something else.

Too bad that Ebb and Grow style (MFT something or other?) never really materialized, they fixed a lot of the issues it looked like (drains on the bottom of the elevated buckets, etc.

H

-hydrofarmer-

Hey all I finally got paid and went out today and got this mylar stuff. A new HID light and ballast because dont like the florescent lights couldn't see any growth. So i went with a 400 watt Metal Halide. i also went with the net pot that RMCG kindly requested
Net pot bucket lid:

0319a9cb6f247b0df7798c5fba36aedf.image.277x277.jpg

R

Rednick

Have extra shit incase anyone wants it: PM me.
*100 gal cylinder res with 3/4" hole punched at 100 gal and drain at bottom
*Bunch of pumps that I will be throwing out, sometimes work sometimes don't, could probably be fixed. x5 EcoPlus 396. x1 EcoPlus 1267.
*Bunch of two gal black buckets with 3/4" hole at bottom of side.
*Shit ton of NGW fittings 3/4", and some miscellaneous sizes.
*Aquahub (Chicago Sensor) ebb and flow control switch. [tried to run it directly on 120 and just got fed up with trying to make it work w/o electrical diagrams] All sensors are probably good.

Just getting rid of useless shit.
Anyone gets a line on a 1K HPS for cheap, let me know.

R

RMCG

Is the Res the tall skinny 100g one?

I've got some 1k HPS's...

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Is the Res the tall skinny 100g one?

I've got some 1k HPS's...

I see a swap in your future.. you guys gotta meet, good people, beers.. I can fit that res in the bed rednick..

R

Rednick

Roto-Mold
29" dia.
4' Heigth

Thanks Sput,
Luckily that is light enough I could strap it to my roof if I needed to, not sure what the neighborhood would think, though?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Roto-Mold
29" dia.
4' Heigth

Thanks Sput,
Luckily that is light enough I could strap it to my roof if I needed to, not sure what the neighborhood would think, though?

Ya might as well write "oscar meyer" on the door 'cause it will look like a weiner mobile.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Dude with gun: "how come these masks only have 1 eye and 1 ear hole?"

Rednick, just say it's your "portable" steam roller on the roof. the neighbors whill undaschtand..

R

RMCG

Elevating buckets with bricks helps to drain completely, but yeah I would go with something else.

Too bad that Ebb and Grow style (MFT something or other?) never really materialized, they fixed a lot of the issues it looked like (drains on the bottom of the elevated buckets, etc.

Remembered who was making the system. Sentinel.

sentinelmodebnf.jpg

I think its been 'coming soon' for a few years now...

***COMING SOON***

The MEF modular Ebb & Flow hydroponics system has features not available on other economy hydroponics systems. Each growing module consists of separate outer and inner molded containers that have been custom engineered. Each module can hold up to 10-liters or 2-and-half gallons of growing medium. The MEF controller will flood and drain the growing modules at timed intervals. It can also be used in a top-feed drip configuration with a run-to-waste option. Here is a brief summary of the MEF features:

• Up to 48 growing modules can be connected to a single system.
  • Distribution reservoir monitors and distributes the water to the
    modules.
  • All plastics in contact with the water or plants are 100% food-grade.
  • Growing modules are engineered to fully drain, no more stagnant water in
    the root zone.
  • High-flowing 20 mm/¾” water tubing and fittings makes for fast flood and
    drain times.
  • Ultra-safe, “low-voltage” water pumps operate on 24-volts DC.
  • Single cable connection and threaded water fittings make installation
    trouble-free.
  • Digital controller provides a full automatic mode. Automatically times
    the flood & drain cycle to monitor the pumps and activates an alarm if there
    is a pump problem.
  • Integrated leak sensor can detect water leaks and activate an alarm. The
    controller also has multiple alarm modes that are user selectable.
  • The MEF system comes complete with the digital controller, the
    distribution reservoir, (2) high-flow pumps, (6) growing modules and all of
    the fittings & tubing to install the system. The Sentinel MEF comes standard
    with a 3-year warranty on the controller and a 1 year on all other
    components.

H

-hydrofarmer-

Hey all been awhile since i could update the thread.
okay so my mom came over and seen my plant in the DWC and she wanted it so i gave it to her.. so now i got another Super SKunk in the DWC it was topped when it was littler so it has recovered and so i started training it.
DSC_0615.JPG

DSC_0616.JPG

DSC_0618.JPG

:)

Top Bottom