"Easy one" Strain , Well its been 12 weeks

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Coco perlite mix, tends to stay wet longer in tents unless it’s a drain to waste setup. The leaves are indicating that it’s staying a wee bit too wet. , moisture in tent is probably high and it’s not drying up fast enough.
Solution: dehumidifier, bring that to about 40% in flower, see they won’t uptake as much when in flower and the water/ feed tends to stay at root zone and causes root rot. By adding a dehumidifier you are helping in the natural precipitation of the plants forcing them to feed / drink more, also makes for densely packed colas.
Reduce the humidity and feed water for a week and see if the lower leaves yellow out indicating it’s used up most of the nutrients.
Once you see that, that indicates the coco perlite is drained off excess nites and she is hungry but also gauge how far the flower periods are. If u don’t see trichomes that are developed or changing , you can start feed at 1/2 recommendations of mfg of the nutes.
So it’s wet, maybe some fungal issues all caused by excess soil moisture

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Coco perlite mix, tends to stay wet longer in tents unless it’s a drain to waste setup. The leaves are indicating that it’s staying a wee bit too wet. , moisture in tent is probably high and it’s not drying up fast enough.
Solution: dehumidifier, bring that to about 40% in flower, see they won’t uptake as much when in flower and the water/ feed tends to stay at root zone and causes root rot. By adding a dehumidifier you are helping in the natural precipitation of the plants forcing them to feed / drink more, also makes for densely packed colas.
Reduce the humidity and feed water for a week and see if the lower leaves yellow out indicating it’s used up most of the nutrients.
Once you see that, that indicates the coco perlite is drained off excess nites and she is hungry but also gauge how far the flower periods are. If u don’t see trichomes that are developed or changing , you can start feed at 1/2 recommendations of mfg of the nutes.
So it’s wet, maybe some fungal issues all caused by excess soil moisture
Thank you for that, very informative and I'll definately try that now and let you know what happens

newh

newh

It certainly does, its all experience, with the EC/PPM reading I have no clue how to measure that,

Is it a test kit I need to buy?

Thanks so much for your help
If you pick a nutrient line for coco most of them tell you what your ec is as long as you know your starting ec from your water.but havin an ec pen is easier lol.If your using crappy water in your coco grow you will have issues.If you have municipal water check your town report to give you an idea what water your getting it should tell you ph and ppms.I have crappy municipal water, since i bought an ro filter its helped alot

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Those zero water filters, drinking water kits gives u a decent ec meter, plus u can use the filter to make some decent water for your few plants. They run around $39-$50
Most hardware places sell them

Last edited:
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Those zero water filters, drinking water kits gives u a decent ec meter, plus u can use the filter to make some decent water for your few plants. They run around $39-$50
Most hardware places sell them
That sounds interesting, I'll have a shop about, Id rather she have the best water possible, we shop for the best nutes but forget the quality of water

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

If you pick a nutrient line for coco most of them tell you what your ec is as long as you know your starting ec from your water.but havin an ec pen is easier lol.If your using crappy water in your coco grow you will have issues.If you have municipal water check your town report to give you an idea what water your getting it should tell you ph and ppms.I have crappy municipal water, since i bought an ro filter its helped alot
I'll have a look at my area, we are in a hard water area, I ph'd the tap water here before and its dead on 7

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Just wanted to thank you all for your help, certainly learning all the time and finding it actually really interesting,

Thanks Guys

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

LOL I asked a simple question because I was curious, I guess you took that the wrong way... Good luck 🙄
They told you why they grew autos, and you continued to push your logic. Keywords.. "PUSH YOUR LOGIC." Thats why they "took it the wrong way."

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Pic of a leaf from the ever growing Auto, any ideas, these two are grown in Coco and Perlite
Nute Burn. It could be a number of issues, from other nutes causing nute lock, or Ph issues that are affecting the plant's use of nutes… but I would say it is too much feeding... in my opinion. The dark green and necrotic tips might be a P or K overload, Nitrogen doesn't look like that when overfed. If it was my system, I would flush these several times, let them sit for a day, and flush again. This should leach out whatever is in there that is causing problems, but K doesn't come out of the soil too easily.
Depending on the fertilizer that you are using or other possible factors, the affected leaves will probably die off, but they might just stop where they are... they WON'T regrow. You might get new leaves, but once a leaf is damaged, it doesn't regenerate the damaged areas.
FWIW, I don't usually use what is recommended by manufacturers of fertilizers. They profit from overuse, and it is a LOT easier to treat a possible deficiency than to try to diagnose and correct an overfeeding issue. It's easier to eat another slice of Pizza than to lose weight! Good luck and keep us posted!

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Nute Burn. It could be a number of issues, from other nutes causing nute lock, or Ph issues that are affecting the plant's use of nutes… but I would say it is too much feeding... in my opinion. The dark green and necrotic tips might be a P or K overload, Nitrogen doesn't look like that when overfed. If it was my system, I would flush these several times, let them sit for a day, and flush again. This should leach out whatever is in there that is causing problems, but K doesn't come out of the soil too easily.
Depending on the fertilizer that you are using or other possible factors, the affected leaves will probably die off, but they might just stop where they are... they WON'T regrow. You might get new leaves, but once a leaf is damaged, it doesn't regenerate the damaged areas.
FWIW, I don't usually use what is recommended by manufacturers of fertilizers. They profit from overuse, and it is a LOT easier to treat a possible deficiency than to try to diagnose and correct an overfeeding issue. It's easier to eat another slice of Pizza than to lose weight! Good luck and keep us posted!
Thanks for your advice, I dont suppose a flush could be a bad idea at this stage, good idea thank you

newh

newh

Thanks for your advice, I dont suppose a flush could be a bad idea at this stage, good idea thank you
I do maintenance flush every Saturday in my coco.I never use straight water,its always some combination of calmag,seaweed,and bennies. Occasionally I check runoff ec but not too often now I got a system going.I check runoff ph way more often,at least once a week

Top Bottom