Ebb And Grow SUCKS!!

• Thread starter Hydrobaby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DreaminBig1207

if you grew in the uc systems youll throw away all of your ebb and grow stuff. I almost doubled my yield after switching systems, only pulled .75lbs per light with ebb and grow, 1.5lbs per light in the uc system. using full line of house and garden nutes. chillers but no co2. IMO but im no expert just going off numbers. seeing others on here pulling over 2lbs per light.

H

Hydrobaby

I am going to have to try that model. Great first grow by the way!

R

Reefer Franklin

Hi DreamingBig and Hydrobaby,

Looking at my friend's crop out of this system I think he's going to get 2lbs a light. I'll confirm later. My plants are already larger, due in part to the longer veg, heavier Calcium and I think the use Of Azomite.

This system is The Greeentrees Multi Flow system which is available at select hydro stores. If you want a contact Hydro email me offline.

Good luck,

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

Thanks Hydrobaby.......

By the time I had the buckets down I realised it would be nearly impossible to unroll the mylar under all pots - even with a lot of help, so I did it individually. Easier to move under the pots and put in between pots to fill in the light. Seems to be working.

The Reef

S

SoCaler

I've been using 2 Ebb n Gro systems 1 for veg. 1 for flower and planning to add 1 more for flower, to have 2 flower cycles going at once.
Love the system, very simple.
The modifications I've made are, I made bigger pots out of 3.5 gal. buckets, their almost the same height, but wider. I get much better and bigger root systems.
Next I'm adding air stones inside each bucket. I haven't had trouble with stagnate water but I think more oxygen to the roots shouldn't hurt.
Oh-ya I'm getting 1.5 per 1000watt with 3200watts.
:harvest:

deadcat

deadcat

got a mother plant in a stand alone ebb & flow system 5 gal, works great.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have been told my method is more like E&G, but with a few twists to make set up/running and monitoring easy. It will also save a ton of time over huge rezs and money by using considerably less nutes. I have several journal on other sites that were early on. Now near perfected, certainly simplified.

I can get 2 ~2ft plants in an 18G Rubbermaid tote, buckets are good, too. Either way we really need more height to deal with the explosive root development.

I don't use net pots or hydroton. A simple 1.5" pvc coupler and foam inserts is all I use.

Near the bottom of each tote/pod/bucket I have dual 0.9gph atomizing mist heads (reptile basics/mist king). These heads are complete in that you drill a hole , pop them in, tighten them down with a supplied nut, connect flex tubing to a high pressure pump (manifold needed for more than 4 pods). Size of rez depends on number of pods. 5G rez can handle ~ 4 @ 18G pods. As plants are misted, not flooded, maybe 1/10th the nutes/water are needed. I use a sentinel timer with feed intervals of roughly 4 second feed and 3:30 pause- 24/7.

You can recirculate nutes up until aprx 3rd week of flower, after which the runoff pH and ppms skyrocket and will turn your nutes into a cesspool.

This same system can be adapted to 55G drums for growing trees, you just need more mist heads per container, and a bigger res.

My UN for these journals is PetFlora

hth

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Sorry. don't know how my post turned blue... ah this is from 2011 WTF?

I have changed methods s much since then, it's a hilarious read for me

see my signature for newest methods that work great

hth

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

Ebb and flow bucket system isn't perfect, I find roots can clog the drain without using a special copper coating..but when done right, you can have great results..

Anthem

Anthem

Ebb and flow bucket system isn't perfect, I find roots can clog the drain without using a special copper coating..but when done right, you can have great results..
Please explain. I have many good runs with no problems

Top Bottom