EC at 2.7

• Thread starter redeyechiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redeyechiller

Hi, We just did a complete water change, cleaning with new nute change and the whole nine. Our question is we checked our ec level it read 2.7.How do we lower our starting ec level???? 5 gallon res. Please Advise!

R.E.C.

P

Pistil Pete

Is that tap water?
If so, using a RO (reverse osmosis) filtration system or store bought RO water will drop your EC significantly

L

Lost

Hi, We just did a complete water change, cleaning with new nute change and the whole nine. Our question is we checked our ec level it read 2.7.How do we lower our starting ec level???? 5 gallon res. Please Advise!

R.E.C.

If I read this right you added nutes at reccommended levels and you ec'd at 2.7. You need to add water and remove some of the water already in the res to make room for the water..

Here is a better way to do it next time. Get a 1 gallon jug. Fill it 1/2 way with water. Add nutes for 10 gallons, then top off with water. Now add this concentrate while checking ec. Add concentrate to water untill you hit desired ec. Enjoy!!

G

GroHi

Agreed, more water in the rez... dilute it. BTW, pretty sure I would kill all of my strains at 2.7... would recommend you start them out at 1.0 if small, then up it to 1.5 & run that as your max the first crop, assuming they do okay at this top range... may need to go lower depending upon a lot of variables. 2.7 will fry them though. Peace.

R

redeyechiller

EC level

Is that tap water?
If so, using a RO (reverse osmosis) filtration system or store bought RO water will drop your EC significantly

Thanks, PP! I am using 5 gallons of rain water and adding when i have to store R/O water.

R.E.C.

R

redeyechiller

EC

If I read this right you added nutes at reccommended levels and you ec'd at 2.7. You need to add water and remove some of the water already in the res to make room for the water..

Here is a better way to do it next time. Get a 1 gallon jug. Fill it 1/2 way with water. Add nutes for 10 gallons, then top off with water. Now add this concentrate while checking ec. Add concentrate to water untill you hit desired ec. Enjoy!!

So let me see here, prepare a mix with 1gallon with mixed nutes for 10 gallons in it, is that right ?? Add this, while checking EC to my already 5 gallon res with nutes mixed in per bottle for 5 gallons. Will this be to much nutes in the res or am i missing the point in all of this???
Please Advise!!

R.E.C.

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
So let me see here, prepare a mix with 1gallon with mixed nutes for 10 gallons in it, is that right ?? Add this, while checking EC to my already 5 gallon res with nutes mixed in per bottle for 5 gallons. Will this be to much nutes in the res or am i missing the point in all of this???
Please Advise!!

R.E.C.

your 5 gallon res should be full of WATER no nutes, then add the made up 1 gallon of nutes to the 5 gallon of water while checking your EC..

thats how i understand it...

J

Jalisco Kid

If you make a slurry with C in it would could have it drop out of solution. I would look at what is in your nutes before doing that. JK

R

redeyechiller

I thought so, I will do that then THANKS Dayday!

R.E.C.

L

Lost

Yea, more like 4.5 gallon res and add till you get your 1.0 ec.. Try only to make nuf for the res only. If you add nutes one at a time at reccommended dosages, you will be well past your ppm or ec limit before you get 1/2 way thru..

R

redeyechiller

Thanks!!!

Yea, more like 4.5 gallon res and add till you get your 1.0 ec.. Try only to make nuf for the res only. If you add nutes one at a time at reccommended dosages, you will be well past your ppm or ec limit before you get 1/2 way thru..

Big help Lost thanks very mucho!!!

R.E.C.

Latest posts

Top Bottom