I this 100w light enough

• Thread starter Educatedbystoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Educatedbystoned

greetings, this is my first time growing indoor
I decided to make myself a small set up in a 2x2 tent with cheap amazon light called kingled 1000w which is only about 100w.

What are your thoughts, should I get a second one?

I this 100w light enough
I this 100w light enough 2
Docgrows

Docgrows

If that light is 100w, you can veg with it but it’s nowhere near enough to flower, shoot for 35 to 40 watts per square foot, that will power them thru flower. You are going to run out of room fast with that many in there, you’ll have to cull, transplant some to outside or something but they will fill a tent fast when their growth kicks in . Happy Growing!

E

Educatedbystoned

And open up your vent. Get you a small fan.
I appreciate the advice, just ordered another fan, what do you think about me getting another one of these lights to run in the tent? I was planning to transplant the bigger plant outside since it’s photo while the seedlings are autos. Does that change the amount of light needed?

E

Educatedbystoned

If that light is 100w, you can veg with it but it’s nowhere near enough to flower, shoot for 35 to 40 watts per square foot, that will power them thru flower. You are going to run out of room fast with that many in there, you’ll have to cull, transplant some to outside or something but they will fill a tent fast when their growth kicks in . Happy Growing!
Thanks for the advice, I was already thinking of growing that big one outside since it’s a photo and the others are autos, any thoughts on me getting a second one of those light to help flower?

Docgrows

Docgrows

Thanks for the advice, I was already thinking of growing that big one outside since it’s a photo and the others are autos, any thoughts on me getting a second one of those light to help flower?
You could get 2 or upgrade to a bigger light. I run a Szhlux 840w and 620w but they wouldn’t fit your tent. A 2x2 is a one plant tent, that’s only 4 sq ft. I run 6 in a 6 x 8 room and it gets really full with photos. Autos usually run smaller, I can run 8 autos in there. I lose a bit of room from the humidifier, dehumidifier, and ac. Fans are wall mounted so no loss there. Here is a peak at how crowded it is with 4 Pancakes and 2 E85s.

IMG 4903
IMG 4899
IMG 4856
IMG 4898
Stokes

Stokes

I appreciate the advice, just ordered another fan, what do you think about me getting another one of these lights to run in the tent? I was planning to transplant the bigger plant outside since it’s photo while the seedlings are autos. Does that change the amount of light needed?

That light is all you need right now. For one, maybe 2 plants

E

Educatedbystoned

I appreciate the advice everyone, so I should get another light if not upgrade,

I just want my first indoor not to have larfy airy buds .

So 1 or 2 plant per light when it’s 100w?

7munkee

7munkee

I started out with a 100-watt Atreum Hydra in a 3x3. I could do one decent plant in the center. Later I bought another Atreum and could fill the tent with 10 ounces or so. A year or so later I bought a 300-watt Maxsisun and now I can get 1lb in my 3x3.

Upgrade as you can afford it.

E

Educatedbystoned

If you get another light youre gonna need a bigger tent.

Thats how fires start
Don’t tell me that 😂 you sure 2 won’t fit I. Here? They are pretty small and don’t produce heat

Stokes

Stokes

Sure they’ll fit in there.

But

Think about fan, possible humidifier, maintaining good airflow. Containing bugs and/or mold.

You’ll definitely get a lot of larf. A 2x2 is barely adequate for a single 5 gal plant canopy

F

fuzybuds

greetings, this is my first time growing indoor
I decided to make myself a small set up in a 2x2 tent with cheap amazon light called kingled 1000w which is only about 100w.

What are your thoughts, should I get a second one?
No.whats the PAR ?should have somewhere around 200 to 400 in seedling and 400 to 600 in veg.if you don't have a par meter get one.takes all the guess work out

Stokes

Stokes

Don’t tell me that 😂 you sure 2 won’t fit I. Here? They are pretty small and don’t produce heat
Wheres your air scrubber? How much load can the frame safely hold in the 2x2? Would air adequately be able to vent out of the tent?

A light is only part of the battle, alot of growers fail because they cant control their environment. You do you tho

Latest posts

Top Bottom