Economic Nutrient Combo

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
damien50

damien50

I waste money on nutrients frequently because I can't afford large quantities, I have no loyalty to any brands however in curious about Mega Crop, enzymes, microbes, humid acid and ultimately using the least about of nutrients possible.

For a coco grower or cheap ass in general that strives for quality, quantity, and economy with nutrients what would you suggest?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

General Hydroponics Trio or similar is all you need. Microbes aren't useful in coco. Enzymes aren't useful. Humic acid is a buffer that should already be a part of your mix from the manufacturer if it's needed. Everything else is really about separating you from your hard earned cash. Coco is inherently wasteful; I use an RDWC setup. I don't use 30 bucks worth of nutes a crop. (small setup, 3x3). You can set up a similar barebones system for about $200 total. See the one at www.growweedeasy.com if interested.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Well if you want to use mega crop it has all of that and is pretty cheap. I asked in another thread, since, i haven used it, how ph stable it stays so no sure (pretty doubtful it does). I am about to get 20 or so lbs for my garden out back this year just to give it a whirl.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I have been using the Jacks two part. Part A is the 5-12-26 and Part B is simply calcium nitrate available almost anywhere cheap. So far so good and about as cheap as it gets.
Scroll down and click on FeED link.

damien50

damien50

Many blessings. Im tuned in.

Though when you said organic did you mean soil? I did my first grow in soil and bombed so hard lol. I'm going to switch to ebb and flow with Growpito Rockwool because I'm using so much nutrient and water in coco and with me switching to LED I'm less concerned with my energy usage. I just got into cloning and I want to start a perpetual grow with two strains so I really just want to fine tune everything over the rest of the year so I can be cheap and grow boutique.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Well if you want to use mega crop it has all of that and is pretty cheap. I asked in another thread, since, i haven used it, how ph stable it stays so no sure (pretty doubtful it does). I am about to get 20 or so lbs for my garden out back this year just to give it a whirl.
Megacrop will drop my PH from about 7.2 to 6.2..I am a soil grower and use it immediately so I don't know how stable it is. Been using it for about a year (the old formula) and am very satisfied (I add cal-mag and a PK boost + URB). I better be..just opened a 22lb bag of the old and have a 1000gram free sample unopened of the new! I grew for almost a year using the free samples (had about 2000 free grams!) ..only in flower as I am still using up my Canna Terra Vega. What I save with Megacrop, I spend on the URB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom