Eddy Lepp Sentenced to 10 Years in Federal Prison

• Thread starter med.botany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

med.botany

California medical marijuana grower, spiritualist, and activist Eddy Lepp was sentenced Monday to a mandatory minimum 10-year prison sentence on federal marijuana cultivation charges in a case where he grew more than 20,000 pot plants in plain view of a state highway in Northern California's Lake County. US District Court Judge Marilyn Patel also sentenced him to five years probation. He must report to federal authorities by July 6.

Eddy Lepp (courtesy cannabisculture.com)
http://i28.invalid.com/albums/c217/surf_wake/eddylepp2.jpg
Lepp contended that the plants were a medical marijuana grow for members of the Multi Denominational Ministry of Cannabis and Rastafari and legal under California law. But during his trial, he was not allowed to introduce medical marijuana or religious defenses. He was found guilty of conspiracy to possess marijuana with the intent to distribute more than 1,000 pot plants and of cultivating more than 1,000 plants, which carries a maximum life sentence.

According to California NORML (CANORML) and the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, there were gasps and sobs from Lepp supporters in the courtroom as Patel passed sentence. The sentence was "extreme," Patel conceded, but said her hands were tied by federal law.

In a nod toward the current turmoil over the status of federal prosecutions of medical marijuana providers, Judge Patel said Lepp could apply for a rehearing if the laws changed. Lepp and his attorneys plan to appeal the verdict and the sentence.

Lepp attorney Michael Hall told Patel the sentence was "incredible."

"Incredible is what the law requires," Patel responded, adding that legalizing marijuana appeared to be Lepp's driving passion. "Maybe you want to be a martyr for the cause," she said.

Sentencing Lepp, a 56-year-old veteran in ill health, to prison is a travesty and a waste, said supporters. "This case sadly illustrates the senselessness of federal marijuana laws," said CANORML's Dale Geiringer. "The last thing this country needs is more medical marijuana prisoners. Hopefully, we can change the law and get Eddy out of jail before he completes his sentence."

"Locking up Eddy Lepp serves no purpose and is a huge waste of life and scarce prison space," said Aaron Smith, California policy director of the Marijuana Policy Project. "The community would be a lot better served if we taxed and regulated California's $14 billion marijuana industry rather than continuing to incarcerate nonviolent people like Eddy, who are clearly of no danger to society.

source: http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/586/eddy_lepp_sentenced_for_medical_marijuana:party0022:

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

What a fucking disgusting thing to happen, absolutely appalling!

M

med.botany

its bullshit that he's wasn't even able to bring up the fact that the cannabis he grows helps hundreds of people medically and spiritually..they said NOPE YOU WERE GROWIN OVER A THOUSANDS PLANTS TO SELL AND MAKE UNTAXED MONEY... BULLSHIT!!

I

IGROWMYOWN

worst part is there is no victim in this whole situation (besides Mr. Lepp), A decade of Eddy's life taken away for growing plants. I know of child molesters, a guy who plead not guilty to manslaughter and was convicted, and a rapist all sentenced to less time than Eddy and that is just not right.

I

indodoja

that's shitty. but only in cali would that defense not be laughed out of the fucking court room. a guy down the street from me got ten years for a bottle of foreign meds. drug laws make no fucking sense.

H

herijuana

Premium Member
Supporter
that makes no fucking sense at all.. obama needs to step up and get rid of these silly ass federal laws..

M

Medic

hate to say it but i wouldnt let eddy say its for 215 purposes or religious purposes either.

lets face it eddy was a straight mother fucking dope dealer and everyone knew that. mother fucker does not need 1000 plants for spiritual reasons.

what a fool. guys like that ruin it for the rest of us californians. he would be a prime example of who not to be like.

obama needs to do what hes doing and keep ignoring the weed rights. weed is already legal in a sense. come to cali and get a script. thats the government saying you want to grow and smoke pot mother fucker, here yah go, 250 tax right up front for the card, there yah go, smoke all the pot you want. What america is great about is thinking of the kids. A great reason why weed will never be legal. gotta think of the kids man

K

KushBrothers

I'm proud to say I met him recently and attended his wedding in Vegas. Please, everyone say a prayer for his new bride. He is a good man and doesn't deserve this punishment.

M

med.botany

sorry medic but eddy was and is not a fool...he had plenty of other patients recommendations to have that number of plants...and $250 for you card is ridiculous, i only paid 95..medicann

CALI has some messed up thinking..my buddy just tried to get food stamps and medicare but they denied him because he sold marijuana 7 years ago and its still on his record, but if you're a rapist or a murder and you get out of jail you are eligible for food stamps n what not...bullshit

M

Medic

laws are laws man. hes a fool because of how he abused the law dude. i hate to see people get busted man but shit happens because he got too greedy dude. 215 is for indoor. he should have had it more low key than that man. too many dudes like him loopholing the laws are why the dea are on the weed industry. shit i use recommendations, hell we all do, hes just not as smart as thought he was.

250 was the price years ago when they first came out. i maybe a tad bit more oldschool than you man.

med botany, im saying that hes not a good person or one of the greatest activists of all time, just saying that he did it all wrong and clearly disobeyed the rules labeled on the 215 laws. not talking shit on eddy, met him before and burned in the dam. cool old man, just think that he went way overboard on that operation man.

when i mean a fool, im saying it in a way as in regards to a person who just does not give a fuck. lol. thats eddy. straight og.

sorry in anyway of people though i meant bad vibes toward eddy, like i said before, its a shame when people get busted. just like my bud orgn. but people in a way bring on themselves.

N

Nuglover

laws are laws man. hes a fool because of how he abused the law dude. i hate to see people get busted man but shit happens because he got too greedy dude. 215 is for indoor. he should have had it more low key than that man. too many dudes like him loopholing the laws are why the dea are on the weed industry. shit i use recommendations, hell we all do, hes just not as smart as thought he was.

250 was the price years ago when they first came out. i maybe a tad bit more oldschool than you man.

med botany, im saying that hes not a good person or one of the greatest activists of all time, just saying that he did it all wrong and clearly disobeyed the rules labeled on the 215 laws. not talking shit on eddy, met him before and burned in the dam. cool old man, just think that he went way overboard on that operation man.

when i mean a fool, im saying it in a way as in regards to a person who just does not give a fuck. lol. thats eddy. straight og.

sorry in anyway of people though i meant bad vibes toward eddy, like i said before, its a shame when people get busted. just like my bud orgn. but people in a way bring on themselves.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the man a fool. He's doin the same thing we all do...just maybe on a lot bigger scale. The point is he shouldn't be in jail period. Seems like you'd be upset at the ridiculous sentence he got instead of trashin the man for doin what should be legal anyway. I admit what he did may not have been smart but it was ballsy as hell. Either way he didn't deserve what he got.

M

med.botany

yeah im not hatin on you medic but i just got a lil offended when you dont even know him personally and why he does what he does..
yeah maybe over 10,000 plants is just a tad much but how great would it be to live that kind of farming life..

JAH BLESS THE LEPP FAMILY AND THE REST OF THE FARMERS OUT THERE

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
WOW!!! 10 years for Eddy..... so very sorry to hear that !! I have what is/are suppost to be from Eddy's farm , from JoJo , some blowfish X cave !!! Have to grow them out soon in honor of JoJo(rip JoJo) and Eddy!! monkey5

I

indodoja

eddy was a straight mother fucking dope dealer and everyone knew that. mother fucker fool. guys like that ruin it for the rest of us californians. he would be a prime example of who not to be like. gotta think of the kids man
thats very hostile man. i don't hate my dealer. i might think hes an asshole, but we rock the same boat.
i think eddy shoould get less time cause a drug war against citizens is fucking stupid. with any venture there are risks...but come on.

S

StonedOwl

The only way we will ever win this war, is for more ppl to blatantly do this sort of thing. You call him a dumbass, I call him a trailblazer, and hero.

Like Nug said, it sure shows hes got some balls.

D

Donk Frog

Very sad to hear...and to this Prime minister Harper is trying to push a bill here to start mandatory miniumums ...6 months for one plant...harsher laws for dealer....people write your local poltions, or civil rights movement, things...I write to my M.P...and,, MPP's all the time , don't hide your opinions, share them

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Hearing news like this is disheartening to say the least.....My prayers go out to Mr. lepp and his friend's and family. May the ignorance that corrupts the heart of mankind, and blinds the "true fool" from truth; be expelled from the planet earth, from now until eternity.......The land of the enslaved and the home of the intolerable....

V

vryselctiv

nice pic of the fella so i say this who is going to step up to the plate??? cards and all but that's what happends when people love to talk...:bandit

M

msc008

10 years for Eddy Lepp. He would have got less time if he had molested a child or killed someone drunk driving.

Shows the prioirity our justice system places on marijuana.

Top Bottom