Edibles From Concentrate

• Thread starter FlyingMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
germinator

germinator

I kief my trim in a tumbler (and make water hash from small buds)

do a 15 minute run - collect that and screen it again and smoke it

do a 45 minute run and use what I get from that from that for edibles and I also donate some of that to a patient who makes topical ointment for herself and a few other patients

I find it throwing some kief in easier than making butter the old fashioned way and dosing to be easy as well - plus it seems wasteful to use good hash or oil extraction

if you dont have a tumbler you can use a bubble bag with some dry ice and shake over a glass surface (plenty of YouTubes of that)

I use 5-6 grams of kief for a large batch (13x9) of brownies that I cut into 24 pieces and 1-2 of these is a serious dose for the uninitiated - I have various recipes I use but brownies are the go to - there is something nostalgic about a good weed brownie - lol

ghirradelli triple chocolate brownies - any other brand box brownie is shit in comparison - you need to use 2 packets for a 13 x 9 (5-6 grams)
they taste amazing

Ty so much....the ghirradelli mix is the shit best brownies ever, one batch with your juju recipe one without both off the chain in flavor and your recipe %was right on for me.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
@germinator - glad you liked it - good call to make a with and w/o hash batch - nothing worse than your edibles giving you the munchies and all you have is pot brownies - I have fallen into that trap many times my friend lol

@FlyingMonkey qwet is when you use shine or everclear

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I can see decarbing for foods that are not baked or only baked for a short time like cookies - but when you bake brownies at 325 for 45 minutes there is no need to decarb

I have a 2 yr degree in culinary arts, 15 yrs restaurant experience, 3 yrs in a bakery setting, 5 yrs running a restaurant as a head chef. This was all 20 yrs ago, but baking doesn't change.

Now anytime you bake something, let's say 350* for shits and giggles, the internal temp of what your baking never reaches the temp your baking at. Nothing you cook will ever reach and internal temp of what you bake. It just doesn't or can't happen.

This is why it's so important to decarb first then bake your medible.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Qwet
Quick
Wash
Ethanol Extraction

Hit up qwisoking for his many threads

Jay Blu

Jay Blu

when eating my edibles from concentrate, you can NOT tell they are medicated at all. which is why I go thru as many as I do, and they are pretty potent. 1/2 muffin/brownie is all you need.

here is my weight figures per batch of cookies (12) muffins/brownies (12)
most my edibles require 1/3-1/4 cups or 1 stick butter
1.75g qwet/qwiso
1.5g bho
2.0g bubble hash
2.5-3.0g keif

these are tried and true for what ive made for 4 years. I grow gorilla glue, oh ghost train haze, strawberry cream. those are the 3 strains that go into my edibles. also a little valentine X CBD every other harvest and only the cleaning of my trimmer worth of Valentine X goes into it.

I ALWAYS decarb by concentrate before cooking it in my oil/butter. skunkfarm lists the perfect decarb as the following (293* for 8 mins). always perfect in my book.

I have heard mixed views on decarboxylation but one fella I saw had had it down to a science. Apparently if you want to preserve the Terpines you want to keep it under 250 Celsius and full conversion to thc was after 1 hour. I imagine at 8 mins you are leaving about 50% or more as thc-a. True thc can withstand higher Temps but Limonene and other similar terps evaporate at 260ish.
At 30 mins there was still about 10% unconverted thc-a after 1 hour it was less than .1%

Additionally he used a pizza stone to help regulate the temp but I suspect sand would work as well.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Skunkfarm research has been doing this most likely longer than you or I have been alive. I fully trust their tek and have been for 4+yrs.

Thanks

Jay Blu

Jay Blu

Skunkfarm research has been doing this most likely longer than you or I have been alive. I fully trust their tek and have been for 4+yrs.

Thanks
Fair enough, but just in case you wanted to see the science and lab tests behind this method here is the article. Sorry if I offended you

/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Skunkfarm does extensive testing on everything they do. I'll stick to what I know for sure.

Thanks

Graywolf

Graywolf

It is extremely easy to monitor decarboxylation of concentrates, because the process of disassociating the COOH carboxly group, produces CO2 bubbles that are visually observable.

The decarboxylation chart on our site is an approximation, because no two batches of material are the same, but relatively close to what we've also observed at 122C/250F.

guymandude

guymandude

I love making cookies. I do everything from scratch. I used to do a butter extraction but lately I've been making my butter with shatter. Howeveer, with the butter extraction, you don't have to decarb. I never did until I started blasting shatter.

BTW, try Bob's Red Mill gluten free brownie mix. It's very tasty and the only thing I do that comes out of a box. I do add Ghirardelli 60% coco bittersweet chocolate chips to it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No matter what you use for mj or your recipe, you still have to decarb it in order for it to work ingested

Jay Blu

Jay Blu

It is extremely easy to monitor decarboxylation of concentrates, because the process of disassociating the COOH carboxly group, produces CO2 bubbles that are visually observable.

The decarboxylation chart on our site is an approximation, because no two batches of material are the same, but relatively close to what we've also observed at 122C/250F.
Unfortunately I used keif so no bubbles...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
http://i1281.invalid.com/albums/a516/rx_cannabis_now/thc_zps7bbe52c3.png
decarb-table.jpg

Jay Blu

Jay Blu

How much vegetable oil did your recipe call for? Enough to submerge the kif in oil and decarboxylate it?
Using coconut oil, makes it more bioavailable...or so I've read. Sunflower oil is apparently really good for that also. I use the oven so it's hard to keep an eye on.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
By the charts I have been studying hot and fast is better than low and slow as far as getting the thc decarbed, is this true?
picture.php

Top Bottom