Edibles From Concentrate

• Thread starter FlyingMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

What do u think makes better eatables? CO2 or ice wax?

What are your favorite edibles thus far, i would love to get involved and wonder what peoples preferences are?

Thanks for any feed back, mucho love

FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

are u kiefing your buds and then making concentrates with the kiefed flowers afterwards? is the logic that kief is easiest and most cost effective for edible purpose?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I kief my trim in a tumbler (and make water hash from small buds)

do a 15 minute run - collect that and screen it again and smoke it

do a 45 minute run and use what I get from that from that for edibles and I also donate some of that to a patient who makes topical ointment for herself and a few other patients

I find it throwing some kief in easier than making butter the old fashioned way and dosing to be easy as well - plus it seems wasteful to use good hash or oil extraction

if you dont have a tumbler you can use a bubble bag with some dry ice and shake over a glass surface (plenty of YouTubes of that)

I use 5-6 grams of kief for a large batch (13x9) of brownies that I cut into 24 pieces and 1-2 of these is a serious dose for the uninitiated - I have various recipes I use but brownies are the go to - there is something nostalgic about a good weed brownie - lol

ghirradelli triple chocolate brownies - any other brand box brownie is shit in comparison - you need to use 2 packets for a 13 x 9 (5-6 grams)

they taste amazing

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Theres a thread somewhere around here guys doing nug soaks in VG? I think its VG, Pretty cool shit lemmie see if i can find it..

Granted its a long process but it seems like its worth it in the end.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

i use all kinds of concentrates for my edibles (qwet, qwiso, keif, bho, bubble, dry ice hash). even have each type of extract and weight per/extract for what I need for a batch of edibles. I go thru about 2 dozen edibles a month with my patients and I eat 2 edibles every weekend. yummy cant wait for Friday to get here.

420circuit

420circuit

I am making and taking measured doses of cannabis oil to treat brain cancer. The process I use is attached as a pdf file. Extract with Everclear, blend with coconut oil, decarb and put into capsules as measured doses. The budder I tried making into cookies was just impossible to calibrate, but this method allows control over dosage. I take 100-200mg per day typically and have started adding CBD oil from Charlotte's Web (R14er). Seems to be working, 3 years and no tumors, the recreational side effects are very helpful and enjoyable.:D

View attachment Cannabis Oil minimized.pdf
FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

thanks for all the feedback farmers, yeah i want to create several edible products for the medicinal and maybe recreational market over the next year in oregon and I'm in debate about how to do it with the least taste of ganja, least wasteful and costly, as well as cleanest and most accurate dosings…..there are several mass produced edibles in the dispensaries here that are made from bho, which i would like to avoid

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

when eating my edibles from concentrate, you can NOT tell they are medicated at all. which is why I go thru as many as I do, and they are pretty potent. 1/2 muffin/brownie is all you need.

here is my weight figures per batch of cookies (12) muffins/brownies (12)
most my edibles require 1/3-1/4 cups or 1 stick butter
1.75g qwet/qwiso
1.5g bho
2.0g bubble hash
2.5-3.0g keif

these are tried and true for what ive made for 4 years. I grow gorilla glue, oh ghost train haze, strawberry cream. those are the 3 strains that go into my edibles. also a little valentine X CBD every other harvest and only the cleaning of my trimmer worth of Valentine X goes into it.

I ALWAYS decarb by concentrate before cooking it in my oil/butter. skunkfarm lists the perfect decarb as the following (293* for 8 mins). always perfect in my book.

FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

why do u decarb before putting it into the concentrate? i know this is done with cbd oil for patients but what is the reasoning?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I decarb ALL my concentrate before making my edibles. if you don't decarb, your "wasting" your concentrate or even trim when making edibles. in order for your body to react to the mj, it needs to be first decarbd. I made a batch of non-decarbd and decarbd brownies. the non-decarbd brownies were just "so-so". not very potent, but.... the decarbs brownies were awesome and worked wonderfully.

decarbing releases the psychoactive properties of the concentrate/weed in order for your body to metabolize it and get "fvcked" up off it.

a buddy and I got arrested once about 25 yrs ago in lets say California for shits and giggles. I had a 1/4 of some brick weed on me the cop never found. both of us ate it while in the holding cell. 3 hrs later and we never felt any effects from eating it. when we were released 18 hrs later, we still never felt anything. granted it may have been brick and under duress from being arrested, but neither one of us felt a damn thing when eating non decarbd weed.

I hope I make sense. I pulled a muscle in my neck last night and im in a lot of pain. a 750mg vicoden and a 10mg flexeril isn't cutting it. neither is smoking some cbd shatter (but the cbd shatter helps a bit). need to vape some more, and get a better cbd strain for my patients and myself.

420circuit

420circuit

I posted a link to an online class about making medical concentrates but it was removed as spam. Hmmm, guess we do not need information when we have mods. Maybe the mod would like to do a class on medical concentrates.:D

FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

ok so i get what the after effects of decarbing are but what does decarbing actually do on say maybe a molecular level, what is occurring?

FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

i ate a 1/4 of brick dirt weed in north carolina in high school, just the weed and i turned ghost white, had incredible panic attacks, i was high as shitty, could barely open my eyes and had planned to go to a party but ended up falling asleep at 8pm and staying down for at least 12 hours…..so not sure about that

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I posted a link to an online class about making medical concentrates but it was removed as spam. Hmmm, guess we do not need information when we have mods. Maybe the mod would like to do a class on medical concentrates.:D

maybe you should read the TOU - or should I host a class on that too?

ok so i get what the after effects of decarbing are but what does decarbing actually do on say maybe a molecular level, what is occurring?

heat converts the THCA into THC - THCA is medicinal (anti-inflammatory) but its not until its converted into THC (smoking or decarbing) is it psychoactive

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

you cant get an internal temp when baking anything over 195*. when you roast a turkey for the hoidays, the internal temp barely gets over 165* and you cook it for 4 hrs at 350*. (which is the perfect cooking temp for turkey). I was a chef for 5 years, I know my cooking temps. this is the reason you still decarb for baking needs. you will never get the internal temps of ehst your cooking high enough for a proper decarb.

I have a 4 yr degree in culinary arts, and worked for some very high end restaurants and cooked for 3 presidents at one location in st pete beach fla.

FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

you cant get an internal temp when baking anything over 195*. when you roast a turkey for the hoidays, the internal temp barely gets over 165* and you cook it for 4 hrs at 350*. (which is the perfect cooking temp for turkey). I was a chef for 5 years, I know my cooking temps. this is the reason you still decarb for baking needs. you will never get the internal temps of ehst your cooking high enough for a proper decarb.

I have a 4 yr degree in culinary arts, and worked for some very high end restaurants and cooked for 3 presidents at one location in st pete beach fla.
what is your decarb process like exactly? can u lay out the steps……also i am wondering how are people making these sodas…..how do u get the thc to homogenize and with what ingredient is it done…..any help would be awesome, i would really like to start a soda line but i don't have the faintest clue where to start

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have a few metal bowls I whip up my eggs for omelets in. your standard kitchen metal bowls (ive used these bowls for 15+ yrs in restaurants). you can also use a pyrex bowl if you dont have a suitable metal bowl, that's suitable for the oven as well.

place your desired amount of "thc" material. I use concentrates and have my weight figures down to the gram. I use either qwet, qwiso, bho, keif, in my edibles and as my concentrate for them. I normally use qwet for my edibles, as I use a whole bottle 1of 73 proof alcohol (Diesel brand about 20.00 a bottle) when im cleaning out my trimmer for harvests.

put your concentrate or thc source in your desired bowl. preheat oven to 280* (I prefer 280* vs 283*, I get a bit of burn at 283*). cover TIGHTLY with foil, bake for 8 mins. remove promptly, remove foil. let cool about 15 mins. place in double boiler, add your recipes oil or butter (most of my edible recipes all for oil), add oil to decarb'd concentrate dish in double boiler, heat to 140 MAX!!!! and stir stir stir and cook for 35 mins to get the decarbd thc well blended into your oil. let cool. add recipe ingredients and bake as usual.

MY personal weigh/dosing when im making a dozen muffins (each muffin is good for 2 doses)
1.5g qwet or qwiso
1g bho
2g hash
2.5g keif

I eat my edibles every weekend, sometimes during the week if im in a lot of pain. on a normal week ill go thru 2-3 dozen muffins or brownies.
Ill make separate cbd muffins as well, but I prefer to vape the cbd shatter vs eat or smoke its flowers.

Top Bottom