Edibles taste to much like cannabis ?

• Thread starter Disre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Disre

Disre

Dumb question but are space cakes supposed to taste like cannabis more than you can taste the cake ( my case cookie ) lol ?...my cookies tastes like cannabis a lot it’s basically like eating it....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We jar cure all close trim and small buds along with the good buds and then make infused coconut oil. It actually tastes delicious in baked goods.

Uncured and or overfed weed tastes bad in edibles. Bitter kinda.

Its good to experiment. Many recipes out there. We started with Jorje cervantes book. Has good directions for making butter and such.

Bigk

Bigk

did you make butter?
try magic butter machine quick and easy and aint too green

Disre

Disre

You can try Cannabutter. It is super delicious. This is a great one to start out with because it can be the building block for almost anything.
Thanks Sandra that’s how I started off I have blocks of cannabutter, I just bake the cookies how I normally would but just use the cannabutter rather than normal butter but the cannabis taste just seems to over power the taste of the cookie it’s self 🤯😄

Disre

Disre

did you make butter?
try magic butter machine quick and easy and aint too green
Yea I made the butter my self from trimmings (Only sugar leaves) double boil method using cheese cloth as the packaging the butter seems to come out great I’ve made it a few times now but the taste of cannabis just seems really over powering it’s like eating it the taste is that strong

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Dumb question but are space cakes supposed to taste like cannabis more than you can taste the cake ( my case cookie ) lol ?...my cookies tastes like cannabis a lot it’s basically like eating it....
Yeah I've noticed that too with my baked goods, had some candy recently that had no cannabis taste at all so I might try making some cannabis candy this winter, might try some gummies too!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea I made the butter my self from trimmings (Only sugar leaves) double boil method using cheese cloth as the packaging the butter seems to come out great I’ve made it a few times now but the taste of cannabis just seems really over powering it’s like eating it the taste is that strong
I think some people are sensitive to the taste , it usually seems too weed tasting to me when friends bake with canna butter , if you have the resources try making some melted chocolates , the deep chocolate flavor usually masks the wed taste .....

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The chlorophyll is what gives it that taste and is why cured buds make better butter.
Even better if you make bubble hash and hash Rosin makes the best tasting edibles.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I like everything about it except the taste.

AlexNillson88

AlexNillson88

You can just add dark chocolate (90% +), cocoa or mint, they will kill the taste of hemp. Or try hemp oil, an ideal option for beginners.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's all about hiding it. Add double the vanilla and increase whatever other flavorings, as well.

You won't be winning the Pilsbury Bake Off, no matter what you do. There's a cannabis cooking show on Netflix and the chefs tend to use distillates and rarely actual weed.

R

redshift75

It's all about hiding it. Add double the vanilla and increase whatever other flavorings, as well.

You won't be winning the Pilsbury Bake Off, no matter what you do. There's a cannabis cooking show on Netflix and the chefs tend to use distillates and rarely actual weed.
only because its metered doses. Think of it as already making your weed into something to ensure you can provide a proper legal and informed dosage. Which the informed dosage is the most important part for me.
Just how i look at it. Cant get distillates without weed.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Is anybody doing a water cure and cold alcohol extraction? I have been doing this and infusing simple syrup with a product called 210S from modernist pantry
IMG 20201010 231457
IMG 20201012 140026
IMG 20201012 140418
IMG 20201012 140711

Here is a sample of various syrups and my filtering method. I do this with flower, no distillate or shatter (ill get around to these, it will be much easier, unsure how the flavor with distillate and shatter will go)
I'm working with someone on another site but would like to expand the circle
Eventually I would like to go full molecular gastronomy after I crank out a coherent video on the process
IMG 20201102 151108

The sorbet that is kind of orange is a peach and lemon sorbet that has no noticeable floral taste
Any input or advice on filtering is appreciated

Glassdub

Glassdub

I got a lot loose bud/popcorn & sugar shake that I'm trimming that I would like to put to use, thinking about using MB machine to tincture if it would be worth it. 🤷‍♂️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I got a lot loose bud/popcorn & sugar shake that I'm trimming that I would like to put to use, thinking about using MB machine to tincture if it would be worth it. 🤷‍♂️
I have a buddy swears by it but I can't justify the cost personally... if you wanna avoid the guess work or learning about how to then I would say its worth it.

Personally I find coconut oil the best... keeping water out of the process is my goal... I use completely dried and decarbed for that reason.... chlorophyll will only absorb into water no oil. So even the water in butter can affect this.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I have a buddy swears by it but I can't justify the cost personally... if you wanna avoid the guess work or learning about how to then I would say its worth it.

Personally I find coconut oil the best... keeping water out of the process is my goal... I use completely dried and decarbed for that reason.... chlorophyll will only absorb into water no oil. So even the water in butter can affect this.
For me smell is a concern, worried about oven decarbing as I live in a tight city burb in an illegal state so I have to be discreet so that's one of the bigger selling points for me over old school.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For me smell is a concern, worried about oven decarbing as I live in a tight city burb in an illegal state so I have to be discreet so that's one of the bigger selling points for me over old school.
In that case dry it out as much as possible first. Decarb in a vacumseal bag in water... kinda like soux vide. Insta pot will work. Can even put all the oil and bud in there and just soux vide the whole shebang then drain through cheesecloth for the extract... no smell method.... lol I haven't done it but it should absolutely work and create no smell.

Glassdub

Glassdub

In that case dry it out as much as possible first. Decarb in a vacumseal bag in water... kinda like soux vide. Insta pot will work. Can even put all the oil and bud in there and just soux vide the whole shebang then drain through cheesecloth for the extract... no smell method.... lol I haven't done it but it should absolutely work and create no smell.
This sounds kinda good too.

Top Bottom