Efficiency And Speed

• Thread starter dvines45044
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dvines45044

I have been in industrial manufacturing for many years designing and improving equipment for the manufacture of many products. What areas in cultivation gives growers the biggest issues? Where can the technology improve to save time and effort?

sedate

sedate

Where can the technology improve to save time and effort?

This is a bit more futurethink/philosophical type answer - but I've always thought a big ag company like ADM or Monsanto would modify up a genetic profile to reduce flowering times to something currently unheard of - say 25 or 30 days.

Kinda like they did with chickens. I mean the biggest singular problem here is the fucking ridiculous amount of time biological process takes against rapidly appreciating real-estate costs and rapidly falling marijuana prices.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/03/post_47.html

Now if Elon Musk would only pick up the bong...

Trimming definitely trimming

Naww. Trimming is tedious and labor intensive but labor is cheap. This is easily scalable for any competent manager.

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
A easy to assemble and clean and calibrate auto watering system. Complete with chilled res, auto doser for ml units, pumps, tubing, and sprayers/drippers.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Somebody fishing for an idea so they can get rich quick.
Sure I'll post my game changing idea here in an open forum so a year later somebody else, is selling it.
wow.................
take your 'process engineering' and try and apply it where it was meant to be applied.
go improve the thru-put on widget #6 and leave the poor stupid farmers alone

Blaze

Blaze

An automatic light dep system that is both very reliable and affordable. Something modular that could be easily modified and/or expanded to fit different sizes and layouts. At this point it seems like the few that are out there are either cheap and unreliable, or reliable but outrageously expensive.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

a complete dial in environment kit . just install hit the settings then happy days no more temp or humidity swings . ill have 3 thanks .

G gnome

G gnome

What kind ya lookin for Ned? Sentinel, cap? I got air 2 thru 4. Lol.

G gnome

G gnome

Might even have an air 5 around too. Ya cant have my sentinel though lol

Paperchase

Paperchase

A sensor pot that tells when ur roots are hungry, ur ph, and wat add so u dnt have to guess.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Somebody fishing for an idea so they can get rich quick.
Sure I'll post my game changing idea here in an open forum so a year later somebody else, is selling it.
wow.................
take your 'process engineering' and try and apply it where it was meant to be applied.
go improve the thru-put on widget #6 and leave the poor stupid farmers alone

:D

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Might even have an air 5 around too. Ya cant have my sentinel though lol

Sorry @gnome didn't see your response . I got temp switches and fan speed . But outdoor temp effects my tents even with insulation So I'd love a controller that goes oops room temps dropped I'll adjust heater switch up a notch . Like say I want. My tent at 27c with lights on the. Controller activates. Heater/cooler , fans , hunmidifier , dehuey lol and keeps there . Then when lights go out lets it drop back 5 c .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Oh yeah and temp controllers that r accurate . Even though the sensor is near my gauges they differ by 3 c . So fine adjustments take a fair bit of gut feeling as the so called smart devices can't agree lol

420circuit

420circuit

Accurate genetics, a truth in labeling technology so we can know what sort of seed is being germinated. :D

420circuit

420circuit

Wouldn't it be great to have a certificate of authenticity for a pack of seeds that carries genetic test results showing the strain identification? Sure, I can look up strain characteristics, but how do I know if the seeds will grow into hermie prone poor producing ditch weed or stellar monster buds?

There are a few things growers can do, like buy from well known seed breeders. But this really needs to be dialed in like the rest of the ag business with guidelines for identification and standards for traits. Like if a seed seller claims high CBD, what exactly does that mean to the buyer? That he might get a few plants that carry the trait from a pack of 10 seeds? How about if every seed in the pack was the same, or as close as possible, so that the test results and growth pattern can be planned for?

The original poster asked for problems that need a technology solution. I think that genetic or terpene identification of strains and a seed certification process to ensure that the qualities that we value are present would help. Someday soon farmers will be looking to acquire big loads of seeds and will need to know exactly what kind of seeds they are. There are steps being taken but I have not seen a comprehensive plan to get the plant into a certification type of environment to help with improving the quality of seedstock. (Monsanto probably has this all figured out already, but they don't have to share their work.)
Field

Top Bottom