El Blastido vs. Heath's Flooded Tube Vertical

• Thread starter Ghudda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ghudda

El Blastido vs. Heath's Flooded Tube Vertical (aka help me pick a system)

I want to build a great system, help me choose? Advice, links, people I should ask, any info. is welcomed.

The systems that have garnered most of my interest have been vertical in nature and hydro related. Heath's flooded tube vertical is highly regarded, but he's an exceptional grower, so I'm not sure how realistic it would be for "the beginner" to yield what he does. El Blastido Octagon also appears to be a good option. And with either of those setups, being a few years old, I'd like to know if people have been coming up with improvements to the designs?

Anybody care to comment on the differences between the two? Which would you prefer? Any links or ideas to share regarding specific parts? Sounds like some have had a hard time finding Heath's 4" soil pipe if I were to go that route.

Limitations:
My work space is a basement about 12x9 and I have about 7' 7"in height. The room does have a direct drain to the sewer. There's a 3x3 or so closet to take care of clones.

I don't know if I want an Aero or RDWC based system. Would I be able to have some free time with an Aero system? The impression I get is that Aero systems require daily monitoring, I'd like to avoid that while I have to spend fairly significant time with a day job. Once or twice a week sounds nicer, once things are dialed in of course.

I'm a big fan of automation and putting in the up-front money to have a streamlined operation, efficient, low residual cost or at least compensated by yield.

Hook me up with your knowledge! Or who I should talk with. I guess I need some more posts before I can PM anybody on the site and... unfortunately... the big-time growers go on hiatus (hell I would too) for long periods.

Top Bottom