• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Wow, here in the states houses are ran on single phase. 3 phase is commercial or AG.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I'm not in the states anymore. So that's what I meant. Nothing is the way I learned. Its what makes it hard to trouble shoot

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

From the meter to the street is the power company’s responsibility. From the panel to your house is yours.
So if its a problem with the maim breaker. Its mine, but if it was a connection problem, wouldn't I have a problem on on the 220's?

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Sorry bro, don’t no the rules where your at.
No worries. Confuses the fuck out me. Shit is like the 1950's around here. Nothing is ground. They still run two lines for 110. One hot and one not. No ground

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Man, I couldn’t tell ya. If you’ve got 3 phase power that’s a hole different ball game.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I'll get up and take a picture of what's coming into the house from the clock tomorrow. Its to weird to do it know in the dark.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Maybe three phase gets lost in translation here. Sometimes words mean different things. But are basically the same words in english

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Or is a picture of the transformer on the street better? Its right across the street

Freshone

Freshone

Man i wouldnt hazard a guess because your in a foreign country but i would look for a few things like Obviously loose connections or signs of arcing power for starters because it sounds like your power is fadeing in and out.
Next i would exercise all the breakers(turn them on and off,they should click and not be loose),sometimes after years they corrode.Next i would check my ground to make sure its tight.
After that i would get my hands on a multi meter and start checking everything,Be careful and Good Luck!

Dan789

Dan789

[QUOTE="Humboldt.Rio, post: 2215119

View attachment 848662

Just looking at this pic, you’ve got lots of spliced wires and lots of uncovered copper that points to amateur weekend electricians. Whatever is going on, there’s lots of potential problems no matter what the distribution scheme is there.
My take, you’ll need an Electrician who knows what he’s (she’s) doing, along with some means of ciphering what’s going on there. Good luck.

Last edited:
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Goodmorning farmers

So here are some pics of the front of the house.

Its old

See why I said three phase? It says 3 phase.
IMG 20181228 093520
IMG 20181228 093528
IMG 20181228 093609

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Pretty sure its 3
No bro. Homes are 120/240 in America. The 3 lines u see are two hots and a ground. The neutral is made at the panel.
Ever heard if the neutral being bonded.
The breakers is where to start.
Dont listen to amateurs.
There is nothing r
Wrong the the pole, I disnt lose a "leg"
3 phase is 277/480!
Unless yiyr living in a warehouse I dont have 3 phase ..just saying .Start with the breakers.
Process of elimination works everytime

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
No bro. Homes are 120/240 in America. The 3 lines u see are two hots and a ground. The neutral is made at the panel.
Ever heard if the neutral being bonded.
The breakers is where to start.
Dont listen to amateurs.
There is nothing r
Wrong the the pole, I disnt lose a "leg"
3 phase is 277/480!
Unless yiyr living in a warehouse I dont have 3 phase ..just saying .Start with the breakers.
Process of elimination works everytime
What does that mean in a foreign language? It’s on his meter. We’re not in Kansas anymore? Hes not in the states.Lol
5D6A8BC3 6C7A 467D ABBC 0CAD5BE6BDA2

Last edited:
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah... U see what i mean?

I'm gonna break the voltmeter out. I got a good one. A fluke 115

Never leaned to properly use it. Nows as good as anytime.

To test voltage. On the main 40 amp. In the sketch I drew. On the bottom. I'm assuming the 3 wires are hot on the outside. Ground in the middle.

Can I just attach the black lead to that ug and then go lug to lug with red on the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom