Electrician Needed To Help Solve Receptical Outages

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

ya. I'm sorry. I'm a stoner. I looked quick.
Thats a good question. And, phase not fase
I dono . I'm American .
I was wrong also there is 120/208 in commercial but still point being this is a residential property. I'm American though.
In commercial they have breakers with 3 taps but thats 3 phase

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Fuck ive heard of such a thing, never saw a converter before. Havent been a sparky in eh 10 yrs

Dan789

Dan789

The caveat here is to not kill yourself, that said I’d try to determine at the spot where the power leaves the meter to the main breaker (top) that you have three phases, measure from each phase to the next, you should measure voltage everywhere between them. If you get one reading where it’s not the same or then try each phase to the enclosure, red lead on phase (wire), Black lead to the enclosure. You or the utility might have dropped a phase, or your main breaker might be faulted, check the same way at the bottom of the same breaker. See what you find out, cause if you get poking around in that panel no telling what gremlins you’ll unleash. Again be careful and good luck. PS don’t stand in water or do anything without being clear of getting electrocuted. All it has to be is damp outside for you to become grounded, (connected to the earth). As my buddies used to say, “make sure your insurance is paid up”, before doing anything as dangerous.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I know the dangers but just calling an electrician here is not like back in Cali where u always had a buddy.

Dudes here use bubblegum

My panel is actually pretty goodcpared to most I've seen. Its why I rented the house.

I don't just trust a guy to come in my home.

I called one dude one time. He showed
Two fingers on his left hand 3 missing.

What happened?

Working a job.

Thank u. No thank u

P

PharmHand

If you have the dough, your grow is important to you, and access to replacement parts I’d get a new appropriate sized breaker to feed your grow room(s), a new wire to feed it (if it’s a rental use bx or teck cable surface mounted) and put a sub panel in your grow room. From there branch it out to smaller breakers and feed your receptacles and ac from that. It really is the safest way plus if it’s surface mounted your landlord will never know and you can take it w you when u leave. Any work done before your main feed has to be done by your utility company or someone that knows their shit well whilst wearing some heavy rubber gloves. Good luck

3 balls

3 balls

I know the dangers but just calling an electrician here is not like back in Cali where u always had a buddy.

Dudes here use bubblegum

My panel is actually pretty goodcpared to most I've seen. Its why I rented the house.

I don't just trust a guy to come in my home.

I called one dude one time. He showed
Two fingers on his left hand 3 missing.

What happened?

Working a job.

Thank u. No thank u
This is like a scary movie, I get more nervous everytime I check back. Please camouflage your shit the best you can and get a real electrician out there. I promise it's not worth dying over. Your gonna give me a heart attack.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Well that didn't last long. With the voltmeter I'm kinda at a loss as to what to connect the black too.

I dont have ground and don't have metal

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Well that didn't last long. With the voltmeter I'm kinda at a loss as to what to connect the black too.

I dont have ground and don't have metal
Sounds like you do have 3 phase power in the Y configuration. You can touch any of the leads to any of the terminals as long as the meter is rated for your max voltage.
Touch the 2 outer breakers with the black and red leads and record those numbers then touch the center to one of the outer and record, then tell me what your findings are.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

If you have the dough, your grow is important to you, and access to replacement parts I’d get a new appropriate sized breaker to feed your grow room(s), a new wire to feed it (if it’s a rental use bx or teck cable surface mounted) and put a sub panel in your grow room. From there branch it out to smaller breakers and feed your receptacles and ac from that. It really is the safest way plus if it’s surface mounted your landlord will never know and you can take it w you when u leave. Any work done before your main feed has to be done by your utility company or someone that knows their shit well whilst wearing some heavy rubber gloves. Good luck
I wish i could tell a guy to do this. i am trying to figure out what to sayu re
Sounds like you do have 3 phase power in the Y configuration. You can touch any of the leads to any of the terminals as long as the meter is rated for your max voltage.
Touch the 2 outer breakers with the black and red leads and record those numbers then touch the center to one of the outer and record, then tell me what your findings are.[/QUOTe

You are talking about the three breakers next to the meter?

I can start with attaching the black and red to the two outer lugs. Record the number. Then the center lug and one on the outside. Record

Is that correct?

I would still like to know how to test the panel in the house without ground. Is this possible?

What did people do before three prong recepticals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom