• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I wish i could tell a guy to do this. i am trying to figure out what to sayu re
You don't necessarily need a ground for 3 phase. It's sort of hard for me to explain but the 3 phases are 120 degrees apart on the frequency so at any time one leg will act as a common while another acts as a positive.
I sort of suspect that your transformer on the pole is the problem more than the wiring in the building. If you're experiencing a loss of power on one leg of 3 phase there is probably a coil going out of the transformer.

Dan789

Dan789

@Humboldt.Rio, I feel for you, in your post #37, there’s one picture which shows three wires going through your main breaker, and a fourth wire, which should be the neutral reference to provide 120 volts. Each of the other phases will measure 220/240 phase to phase. Every wire coming off a breaker (that’s on) should have voltage either to another terminal on an adjacent breaker or measured to the metal wall of the panel. That makes me believe you’ve got one phase out. I would first contact someone at your local utility to ask if they could check your supply to determine if it’s on the supply coming into your house. Good luck.
P.S. Check out some videos on YouTube to get an idea (if you’ve never done anything like this).

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I didnt die!!!

Nice

Measures The voltage
IMG 20181229 070347
IMG 20181229 070357
on The three phase

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Me too!!

I havê so many questiona now.
Now you have a reference. Next time you experience the outage check those voltages again and record them. Now if the voltages vary from the reference turn the breaker off that's show a different value and check the voltages on the lines in to the breaker (from the pole).
Then we can discern whether the problem lies in the wiring in the house or a problem with the incoming circuit.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I just realized that i had all The 220 breakers off when i took The reading? Does that make a diference? I just re read. Yes.. That would be the difference.. With the fault

I was soo nervous. My hand was shaking writing the numbers.

OK that's my reference.

But even with the breakers on the 220 is still out on one side. And my living room 110

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I havê two questions as well.

How can I use my fluke to see the voltage in the panel in the house without ground?

If I run a sub panel. Where would the connection be? And run a new 3 wire to my room? Connect a new panel for the grow and run recepticals from their?

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I have an electrical guy coming tomorrow. Now its just to tell him what I want
He can figure out what's going on and then make a plan for tomorrow.

I want to learn now!!!

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I havê two questions as well.

How can I use my fluke to see the voltage in the panel in the house without ground?

If I run a sub panel. Where would the connection be? And run a new 3 wire to my room? Connect a new panel for the grow and run recepticals from their?
Same as you did outside. stop worrying about gnd or neutrals.

Freshone

Freshone

Sounds like its on the house side of the panel so now start testing at the other end(plugs) and start working back towards the panel until you find a discrepancy.
LMAO about your hands shaking writing down the numbers!

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Sounds like its on the house side of the panel so now start testing at the other end(plugs) and start working back towards the panel until you find a discrepancy.
LMAO about your hands shaking writing down the numbers!

Fuck... It was 6.30 this morning
Took a bong rip. Figured if I'm going I'm going baked.

But I just used one hand to test and rubber sandles.

But I was shaking...

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
All you guys responding seriously to this thread are being taken for a ride. LMAO:D:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom