Electricians - how much do they charge?

• Thread starter Frank_Castle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frank_Castle

I know every job has to be different but I wanted to make sure I had enough money saved up before I even gave an electrician a call for an estimate.

I would like to wire one bedroom up as a dedicated grow room. Say price estimate for a 4000k watt room and a 6k watt room.

The room is on the other side of the house [from the fuse box] in this one floor house. (with an attic that I assume it would have to be routed through.) Distance approx 36' from room to fuse box.

Any other info you would need to know?

Thanks.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Well certified electricians will charge you like $500, I leave in S.Texas so there are
many uncertified electricians here, I got my grow room wired with a sub-panel and
everything else for under $200 including labor for the electrician.

//The size was 20x20,and he just took power from the wire coming in to
my moms house.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Do a search on google for "sub panle install" Do you know what size service panle you have comming to the house aleardy?

F

Frank_Castle

No idea. I just checked and didnt see anything obvious for what I should be looking for.

Shoot - I forgot to ask. What is the best way to find someone cause a yellow page search is about the extent of who I know in the area.

//Well certified electricians will charge you like $500, I leave in S.Texas so there are
many uncertified electricians here, I got my grow room wired with a sub-panel and
everything else for under $200 including labor for the electrician.

//The size was 20x20,and he just took power from the wire coming in to
my moms house.

So you are stealing electricity?

G

gooey

haha busted lol jk

I think you can expect to pay up to $1000 maybe more if you are talking about two differnt runs it all depends man like the guy above said 20 -200 says it all, you get what you pay for...keep in mind that a well payed electriction is less likely to be caught coming in your grow room trying to jack you either...just my 2 cents gl

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Its hard to steal when Im paying for it EVERY month. Its common-sence,
I have a sub-panel installed there. Last I heard power isnt free!

//The LAST thing I want to do is steal power when I have Marijuana plants
inside! Jeez... Some people just like to ask DUMB-ASS questions!

L

LUDACRIS.

Stealing electricity will get you busted faster than you can wire it up.

DONT DO IT. It aint worth the attention and the criminal record and you will probably get busted again incognito.
(it aint worth your crop + charges etc...).

LUDA.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Im just jokin' bro. Dont take it to the heart LUDA.

//Stealing power is stupid and immoral! Maybe Im exagerating but you guys get it.
If you want a free ticket to jail go ahead a steal power while growing pot.

L

LUDACRIS.

//Im just jokin' bro. Dont take it to the heart LUDA.

//Stealing power is stupid and immoral! Maybe in exagerating but you guys get it.
If you want a free ticket to jail go ahead a steal power while growing pot.

I know buddy. I am just fucking with you as i take nothing to heart. I am a very easy going guy who never lets anybody control my emotions. If i were any more laid back i would be on the floor vertically.

LOLZ.

CHRIS.
:)

(peace out man).

P

Plush

I just had electrical done. 704 cubic ft room. Sealed. 3600 watts. 2-ton mini split. The guy put in a sub panel. 220 outlet for the A/C and hard-wired my light controller (also 220 amp). Put in a ton of 120v outlets. Looks super professional and works great. I even got him to run a separate breaker for my fountain and outdoor garden lights outside my room. Total cost was $700 for labor and $700 in supplies. (Copper wire is expensive as hell.) Hope that helps.

sedate

sedate

frank castle said:
I would like to wire one bedroom up as a dedicated grow room. Say price estimate for a 4000k watt room and a 6k watt room.

You could do this yourself in 45 minutes if you are not a complete idiot.

240v circuits are a cinch man.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5163297_install-electrical-outlet.html

You will need whatever 40' of at least 8/2 wire though - probably 6/3 range wire - that'll run ya $200 alone.

Open up your panel (the secondary under-panel as well) and snap a pic and I'll tell you how easy it'll be.

hiboy

hiboy

Being an electrical contractor,
i charge 65 an hour for my guys, which is cheap for a real company, with all the insurance and work comp krap.
about the stealing of power, i know people who got popped and it was a 2000. dollar hit for him, they saw the meter on the ground and he had jumpers where the meter was. They didnt even enter house or call cops.
I also know another who got popped and it was 20,000 fine. He was big time.
No jail ,, just cash.
If it was me and i had a small grow i would pay the 400 ish a month and not take the risk
Last guy who stole it,, let me see how it went, cops came to his house for a domestic disturbance call, 5-0 came in , took all his lights, plants, etc. Saw big wires that were coming out of the panel and made a call he thinks to the electrical provider to come out, course they dont run to their trucks to come over, so the jumpers and wires were removed and he was kewl.

I know all ins and outs about that subject, believe me
h

M

midnightrider

ask around at home depot or lowes ,,, some older electricians go to work running the electrical sections and they do a lot of side work for cheap

hiboy , is that 65 an hour per 2 man crew ? for california that would be cheeeaaappppp

hiboy

hiboy

ask around at home depot or lowes ,,, some older electricians go to work running the electrical sections and they do a lot of side work for cheap

hiboy , is that 65 an hour per 2 man crew ? for california that would be cheeeaaappppp

No its 65 per electrician,45 per helper. Thats a better than normal deal, i got hit by a plumber to clean a drain and it was like 145 for a little over an hour.
That was more like a yellow page contractor, which im not
h

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Stealing electricity will get you busted faster than you can wire it up.

DONT DO IT. It aint worth the attention and the criminal record and you will probably get busted again incognito.
(it aint worth your crop + charges etc...).

LUDA.

If you do plan to steal electricity (which i do not reccommend) you should wire whatever you are going to power with the stolen juice to a timer that is plugged into the wall and is on all the time. If they shut off the power to find the leak it will also shut off the items using the juice so the electric company wont find you. Again I dont advocate this but the appearence of the law should be upheld...especially when it is being broken.

hiboy

hiboy

If you do plan to steal electricity (which i do not reccommend) you should wire whatever you are going to power with the stolen juice to a timer that is plugged into the wall and is on all the time. If they shut off the power to find the leak it will also shut off the items using the juice so the electric company wont find you. Again I dont advocate this but the appearence of the law should be upheld...especially when it is being broken.

Cant do it that way
You have to run all your stolen loads thru a contactor that is energized thru the non stolen side, so if you kill the power it will turn off the contactor. This is if your really lets say want to go the extra mile.
h

Top Bottom