E

elusiveshame

Daily update:

The auto tent:
0DA35789 DC25 42F7 A20B E054A2AEF819

And some close ups:
66BF9117 2202 4B34 8D5F 8CCC11816F8C

BB050CBE 94D6 4DD2 88E5 F95AE436F9FD

Starting to fatten up. Didn’t water today, but will likely need to tomorrow.

The photo tent:

This morning (after last nights training):
D8CC725F 664F 423C B2B6 B2DC353239CB

Can barely tell I did anything to them last night.

After tonight’s training:
80D080FF C45E 49DD 8B97 91EE5AD1676E

And for grins, my clone experiment:
C9635F55 0C53 4B0C 9288 5FE7E8F9D321

Soaked them both in water last night and planted them in happy frog this morning. I’m not expecting much from them, but if they take, great!

E

elusiveshame

Been a day or so. I didn’t do anything to any of the plants aside from watering a pair of the autos.

The photo tent:
791F05A0 2F77 42E5 A8AB C47532BB2E1D

These girls are starting to take off. I’ll be adding water to the buckets tonight. I have replacement buckets for the back 3 plants, but I’m awaiting on one more part to come in before swapping them out.

The clones:
D6926210 52AD 4F98 A589 23E79128CA53

They’re both still alive, so...there’s that lol

The auto tent:
9096BDDE E62A 42C9 A2AA 8CEE62539569

The buds are fattening up. Here’s some close ups:

3D0E86E3 28C2 4EC3 A5FB 666E9C083784

08FDF365 1908 4455 B05E 6F24AC9858A2

5C4EB8D9 4969 49F7 AD4C 12A1B03423D9

33301074 5B00 4F47 8E8F DB6ECBCB52F0

I think the front 2 should be “done” in about 3 weeks according to the strain details. The back 2 are about a week behind.

Overall they’re looking and smelling great 🤤

E

elusiveshame

Friday update:

Auto tent:
46F24EE6 0B22 411B 9201 694D58AD4F00

Buds are getting fatter, some leaves are starting to discolor, so I may dial back the nutrients down a bit, but otherwise they’re looking and smelling good.

Photo tent:
43D2E754 46EE 4ABC 8BC1 349F1164AC96

Haven’t done anything in a few days, but will likely do some trimming and more training tonight or tomorrow. I may also swap the runt looking white widow with another plant and see if it’s just not getting enough light.

The clones:
BA801EFD AA77 40D1 B649 B64AC08D7123

One of them started leaning over so I tossed a humidity dome over it to see if that helps. The other one has perked up.

No biggie if these don’t take. I figured I’d just give it a shot and see what happens. I don’t intend on cloning being a thing for me.

E

elusiveshame

Got some goodies in the mail today so I decided to redo my 4x4 a bit.

E9EC0F6D 6408 4236 B9D5 90278ADA51BD

I took everything out and staged up this janky support.

75999A93 55A1 4EC9 AE7A 36BF90780E8F

I then put the new grates on the support, put the new buckets under it and reran the watering wicks.

0AE4E5B5 1A8D 46B8 AA14 89798A274211

Added the back row back in.

B3A8C3BE 3369 44CD 8492 3B956D9DA015

Then put the other plants back in and did some trimming and training.

I also shifted the light over a smidge so that it covered the plants as best I could. I think 5 plants in here is a bit much, but that’s okay.

In addition to the 90 degree clips, I attempted some super cropping on a few branches.

The auto tent:
ABDF1048 80A8 4F49 8C70 1F9E65046C73

More or less the same as before, just buds are budding.

E

elusiveshame

Late daily pics!

Auto tent:
0715447D 9464 4723 9684 9D2CE328C884

Photo tent:
DD8A1EE0 74BE 441A BE02 D56B4E9D0154

Didn’t do anything aside from fill up the humidifiers.

The clone with the dome on it seems to be dying, so I’ll prob pull it tomorrow and reuse the soil for something else. The other clone seems to be picking up a bit.

E

elusiveshame

What type of humidifier is that?

That’s the one you see there. I have it on setting 2 which has been keeping my tent at 55-58% without the need of the sensor.

I also use this:

But I took it out for the moment until I rearrange a few things and put it back in. This is what I use on the sensor since it has a manual power button, the other one doesn’t.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

That’s the one you see there. I have it on setting 2 which has been keeping my tent at 55-58% without the need of the sensor.

I also use this:

But I took it out for the moment until I rearrange a few things and put it back in. This is what I use on the sensor since it has a manual power button, the other one doesn’t.
How long does the tank last for? That was my issue before I had to have 2 humidifiers (with manual settings) and ran them on a timer opposite of each other I’ve been looking at this other one that’s quite a piece of work lol

$159 atm

Was gunna have it just sit in the lung room with the Dehu and possibly a heater if needed

05F5E8CF FE49 41B7 8BB0 B05FC23FD674
E

elusiveshame

How long does the tank last for? That was my issue before I had to have 2 humidifiers (with manual settings) and ran them on a timer opposite of each other I’ve been looking at this other one that’s quite a piece of work lol

$159 atm

Was gunna have it just sit in the lung room with the Dehu and possibly a heater if needed

So I filled my tank up last night just before midnight with about 3-3.5 liters and it still has a liter left (12 hours later) I’m currently on setting 2.

Setting 3 will go through the reservoir much faster, though I wasn’t paying much attention to how long it lasted as I’m poking my head in my tent every other hour 😅 perks from working from home.

So a full tank on setting 1 or 2 should last a full 24 hours or longer.

E

elusiveshame

Daily pics:

The auto tent:
47231AF5 9EF3 431F A27A 7D49F78026E5

Watered the bottom 2 plants with the left over mixture from the last feeding. They’ll all be going on half strength from here on out.

The bottom 2 plants will likely be ready in about 2 weeks. Some amber trichomes are starting to develop, and a good mixture of clear and cloudy:

13609FDB 4A20 4C7C AD11 02AF7501CE7E

Some leaf fading on the 2 as well, but nothing too serious I don’t think. The other 2 will need a drink tomorrow, and still have probably 3-4 weeks left.

The photo tent:
8ABE371F 4D47 46C1 9E21 01D47439E7FA

Did some training and snipping tonight. Went a little hard on the silver alert (back row middle). Whoops 😅

I filled the buckets with water only tonight. The new set of nutrients should be here tomorrow, so I can’t justify wasting nutrients that I’ll be dumping out when they arrive.

Pulled the wilting clone out. The other clone is still looking better than when I first stuffed her in the dirt, so I’ll see how she fares. I’ll likely toss her and the lettuce in the 2x4 tomorrow so I can make room for my other humidifier that goes on the hygro outlet.

I’m also going to start scrogging this week and prepare for flipping to flower. They’re in week 7 of veg now, and I plan on flipping them either this coming Friday or the following.

I’m also going to start my next set of photos to put in the 2x4. Going to use some of them @Trustfall seeds for the next round 😁

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hey, good job. You seem to have more success with the Autos than their reputation......and man are you making the most put of those training clips! Some pics look like you're growing training clips. ;)

I hear you on trying to root cuttings. Something I never tackled but want to, even if it isn't something I'm really going to do much of I should get it under my belt.......I have some cuttings from someone and I haven't bought any rooting aids, I made a makeshift dome, and I also just put 'em in soil. The guy told me that aloe gel from aloe plants helps them to root as well....but I'm fully prepared for them to fail, so far it's hard to tell. It's been almost a week and mostly I've kept them misted and covered/humid. I've seen a couple start wilting, then misted and covered more and so far they're at least hanging on........I'm hesitant to try to look for roots, the irony being that I don't want to chance breaking any possible roots.....but we'll see. It's all about learning and from now on I'll be prepared with all the tools for proper rooting, rockwool, gel, powder, a real tray/dome......

I'm at the "seedlings, 2nd leaf set" stage with my grow, a bit slow due to my situation still being fully built and tightened up, but they're doing alright, I'm getting there. Lots of rust of time to shake off.....

Looking good, keep it up!

E

elusiveshame

Hey, good job. You seem to have more success with the Autos than their reputation......and man are you making the most put of those training clips! Some pics look like you're growing training clips. ;)

Haha! It's like crack man. I was hesitant on using them at first - nervous that I would break the branches and main stem, but once I saw what they could do... yeah, I went overboard lol but they seem to love it! Most of these branches got thick and sturdy, though after I remove the clips, they do straighten up a little bit, but I also don't want the clips to restrict the girth or prevent them from growing larger.

As for the auto's - it seems like only 1 plant has really gotten past the reputation. The other 3 are fairly small and only have a few tops/bud sites on them. The buds are getting fat, though. I'm hoping to at least pull an ounce or 2 off of all 4 of them, which is a little disappointing, but as long as it smokes good, then it was worth the attempt. My next auto attempt will be an outdoor/in my greenhouse attempt to see if they'll get larger, otherwise I'll be sticking to photos only.

I hear you on trying to root cuttings. Something I never tackled but want to, even if it isn't something I'm really going to do much of I should get it under my belt.......I have some cuttings from someone and I haven't bought any rooting aids, I made a makeshift dome, and I also just put 'em in soil. The guy told me that aloe gel from aloe plants helps them to root as well....but I'm fully prepared for them to fail, so far it's hard to tell. It's been almost a week and mostly I've kept them misted and covered/humid. I've seen a couple start wilting, then misted and covered more and so far they're at least hanging on........I'm hesitant to try to look for roots, the irony being that I don't want to chance breaking any possible roots.....but we'll see. It's all about learning and from now on I'll be prepared with all the tools for proper rooting, rockwool, gel, powder, a real tray/dome......

I'm at the "seedlings, 2nd leaf set" stage with my grow, a bit slow due to my situation still being fully built and tightened up, but they're doing alright, I'm getting there. Lots of rust of time to shake off.....

Yep, I feel you on this. I don't plan on cloning being a thing I do regularly, but if I can make one or 2 every so often, that'd be fun. It's illegal here to clone plants for some reason (probably because the cultivars lobbied against the general population using their methods), but it does seem like more work than I'm willing to dedicate to. With my setup, I can just pretty much add water/nutrients to a bucket and leave them for a few days (I don't, I check on them multiple times daily, but now it's just poking my head in, looking around, and only bugging them if I see any issues). Clones seems like it's a bit more involved, and honestly, I don't really want to buy a bunch of stuff just to be successful.

I did end up tossing 1 of them already (no roots had developed), and the other one looks like she's about to keel over, but still managing to stay alive. I don't have high hopes, but it could be a nice surprise (and, to be honest, I forgot which plant she came off of lol)

Thanks! <3

---

As for an update on the grow - I haven't done much of anything aside from watering/feeding if the plants required it. The nutrients I ended up going with (Humboldt's Secret Base A + B, and Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree) are arriving late (supposed to be today), so I plan on cleaning out all of the bins this evening and putting in the new nutrients. They have excellent reviews, so I'm hoping this is the stuff works well. Plus they're fairly more expensive.

I'll hopefully be able to have an update with pics tonight :)

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Haha! It's like crack man. I was hesitant on using them at first - nervous that I would break the branches and main stem, but once I saw what they could do... yeah, I went overboard lol but they seem to love it! Most of these branches got thick and sturdy, though after I remove the clips, they do straighten up a little bit, but I also don't want the clips to restrict the girth or prevent them from growing larger.

As for the auto's - it seems like only 1 plant has really gotten past the reputation. The other 3 are fairly small and only have a few tops/bud sites on them. The buds are getting fat, though. I'm hoping to at least pull an ounce or 2 off of all 4 of them, which is a little disappointing, but as long as it smokes good, then it was worth the attempt. My next auto attempt will be an outdoor/in my greenhouse attempt to see if they'll get larger, otherwise I'll be sticking to photos only.

Yep, I feel you on this. I don't plan on cloning being a thing I do regularly, but if I can make one or 2 every so often, that'd be fun. It's illegal here to clone plants for some reason (probably because the cultivars lobbied against the general population using their methods), but it does seem like more work than I'm willing to dedicate to. With my setup, I can just pretty much add water/nutrients to a bucket and leave them for a few days (I don't, I check on them multiple times daily, but now it's just poking my head in, looking around, and only bugging them if I see any issues). Clones seems like it's a bit more involved, and honestly, I don't really want to buy a bunch of stuff just to be successful.

I did end up tossing 1 of them already (no roots had developed), and the other one looks like she's about to keel over, but still managing to stay alive. I don't have high hopes, but it could be a nice surprise (and, to be honest, I forgot which plant she came off of lol)

Thanks! <3

---

As for an update on the grow - I haven't done much of anything aside from watering/feeding if the plants required it. The nutrients I ended up going with (Humboldt's Secret Base A + B, and Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree) are arriving late (supposed to be today), so I plan on cleaning out all of the bins this evening and putting in the new nutrients. They have excellent reviews, so I'm hoping this is the stuff works well. Plus they're fairly more expensive.

I'll hopefully be able to have an update with pics tonight :)
They make clips that are adjustable.......which is of course as genius as the clips themselves.

I'm reading up on cloning/rooting. I'm definitely going to get rooting gel and powder (use gel first so powder doesn't gunk up the stem tip), but also definitely getting aloe plants........mist the cutting, keep it humid, but it also needs oxygen at the stem tip, it's a balance......and I figure once I'm armed with all of the right tools....maybe doing some cuttings/rooting is something I'll take on more.....especially if you find a particular gem of a plant. But like anything else, it's daunting.....until you tackle it, then it's not so bad. A tray/dome, rockwool slabs, rooting gel/powder......mist....wait....

You're doing great man. I'm due for a next pic of my little seedlings... :(. Ha!.

E

elusiveshame

They make clips that are adjustable.......which is of course as genius as the clips themselves.

I'm reading up on cloning/rooting. I'm definitely going to get rooting gel and powder (use gel first so powder doesn't gunk up the stem tip), but also definitely getting aloe plants........mist the cutting, keep it humid, but it also needs oxygen at the stem tip, it's a balance......and I figure once I'm armed with all of the right tools....maybe doing some cuttings/rooting is something I'll take on more.....especially if you find a particular gem of a plant. But like anything else, it's daunting.....until you tackle it, then it's not so bad. A tray/dome, rockwool slabs, rooting gel/powder......mist....wait....

You're doing great man. I'm due for a next pic of my little seedlings... :(. Ha!.

It definitely seems a bit overwhelming, and the wait to see if it takes just triggers my anxiety 😅

I haven’t become a “weed snob” yet (and I don’t mean that negatively). Since I started smoking, I’ve always been at the mercy of street dealers or dispensaries, so my weed pallet isn’t refined (plus I smoke blunts, so...lol). As long as I get a nice smooth smoke, the taste is hidden behind the blunt wraps, unless it’s really shitty weed, like the stuff I currently have lol. The issue with the dispensaries (aside from going up in price significantly - $28/8ths are now $35+) is their stock is never consistent, so it’s rare to get the same strain consistently. That’s made it hard to really figure out what I like, though there are some that I just don’t like the smell of.

I will say that I really love the aroma of the strawberry gorillas, but you can’t clone autos (at least there’s no point, from what I’ve read), and the photos smell great too, but they just smell like weed plants (though they aren’t flowering yet, so that can change).

I should grow some aloe plants. They’re very useful all around outside of cloning.

Hopefully you get some good success with yours!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
It definitely seems a bit overwhelming, and the wait to see if it takes just triggers my anxiety 😅

I haven’t become a “weed snob” yet (and I don’t mean that negatively). Since I started smoking, I’ve always been at the mercy of street dealers or dispensaries, so my weed pallet isn’t refined (plus I smoke blunts, so...lol). As long as I get a nice smooth smoke, the taste is hidden behind the blunt wraps, unless it’s really shitty weed, like the stuff I currently have lol. The issue with the dispensaries (aside from going up in price significantly - $28/8ths are now $35+) is their stock is never consistent, so it’s rare to get the same strain consistently. That’s made it hard to really figure out what I like, though there are some that I just don’t like the smell of.

I will say that I really love the aroma of the strawberry gorillas, but you can’t clone autos (at least there’s no point, from what I’ve read), and the photos smell great too, but they just smell like weed plants (though they aren’t flowering yet, so that can change).

I should grow some aloe plants. They’re very useful all around outside of cloning.

Hopefully you get some good success with yours!
My bet is you're on the young side......I'm 53. In the early 80s when I started in NYC it was nickel bags of seeded commercial bought off the street, in Bodegas......I was a teenager, and this wasn't really a time where we worried about our lungs. But over time, little by little you look back, 10 yrs, 20yrs, you start thinking about the long term accumulation........these days I either vape flower or use the carts or have an edible.....it's not to lecture you but think about it, cigarettes are bad enough, but to deeply inhale cigar wrapper/leaf/paper.......I know it's kinda cool, it last a while, but try to move away from that. Besides, you'll have plenty of the very best of your own home grown. ;)

E

elusiveshame

My bet is you're on the young side......I'm 53. In the early 80s when I started in NYC it was nickel bags of seeded commercial bought off the street, in Bodegas......I was a teenager, and this wasn't really a time where we worried about our lungs. But over time, little by little you look back, 10 yrs, 20yrs, you start thinking about the long term accumulation........these days I either vape flower or use the carts or have an edible.....it's not to lecture you but think about it, cigarettes are bad enough, but to deeply inhale cigar wrapper/leaf/paper.......I know it's kinda cool, it last a while, but try to move away from that. Besides, you'll have plenty of the very best of your own home grown. ;)
Eh, I’m in my 40’s 😅 I used to smoke cigs but I quit 6ish years ago. I don’t deeply inhale and hold the smoke in like some people, but more like a cig.

I did read that it would take about 10 blunts to equal 1 cig. Whether that’s true or not, idk. I can’t recall where I read that. Regardless, one day I’ll cut back (when I have to go to the office).

E

elusiveshame

Quick update on the grow:

Auto tent:
B0BAFDC7 175E 404C 8C9B 575E97E63700

Great aroma, some leaves are fading, have about 2ish weeks left on the bottom 2, 3-4 on the top pair.

Fed with 1/2 strength nutrients starting last night.

Photo tent:
68CC5829 D185 4CD3 AD66 6FECED4879DC

The bins were practically empty today, but that’s okay as the new set of nutrients came in this afternoon.

I took out each bin, washed, replaced, and filled with the new blend.

I decided to go with Humboldt’s Secret base A + B and Green Tree (which somehow smells worse than my ex’s ass). I only used half strength for now, just in case they don’t like it right away.

Debating if I should let them get used to the nutrients for a day or so before trimming or not. @GNick55 any thoughts?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Quick update on the grow:

Auto tent:
View attachment 1331524
Great aroma, some leaves are fading, have about 2ish weeks left on the bottom 2, 3-4 on the top pair.

Fed with 1/2 strength nutrients starting last night.

Photo tent:
View attachment 1331525

The bins were practically empty today, but that’s okay as the new set of nutrients came in this afternoon.

I took out each bin, washed, replaced, and filled with the new blend.

I decided to go with Humboldt’s Secret base A + B and Green Tree (which somehow smells worse than my ex’s ass). I only used half strength for now, just in case they don’t like it right away.

Debating if I should let them get used to the nutrients for a day or so before trimming or not. @GNick55 any thoughts?
they look great already, no hurt in waiting a day or so..
i’m not a big trimmer, as i like to watch for any deficiencies within the lower area through the flowering process..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
worse than your ex wife’s ass? geezus
i’m doing my best to not think about this! haha

E

elusiveshame

they look great already, no hurt in waiting a day or so..
i’m not a big trimmer, as i like to watch for any deficiencies within the lower area through the flowering process..

worse than your ex wife’s ass? geezus
i’m doing my best to not think about this! haha

I mean, just barely worse. She let out some foul pheromones I'll tell you h'what

Top Bottom