Empty room, need assistance on how to build!

• Thread starter PpmOver9000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Room Dimensions:
13ft x 11ft (9ft ceilings)

Room Details:
Has an egress window
Has a 1 ton mini split installed

Lights:
Gavita 1700e (x4)

I originally had a tent in this room and was exhausting out from the tent into the rest of my basement. This caused heat issues since it made my entire basement hot, so the intake was just bringing in more warm air. I would like to utilize this egress window somehow to exhaust outdoors. I am seeking advice on how to best do that? Or if theres any other way, as long as it's not exhausting inside my home.

I am contemplating between painting my walls or using something like mylar. Any best practices in this area?

Have 4 of the gavita led's and was thinking of adding 2 more, 4 lights seems like too little of a footprint and 6 lights seems like too much. My room is 13x11, any thoughts here?

Thank you.

Empty room need assistance on how to build
Empty room need assistance on how to build 2
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I know... the window ac installation was super bad by me haha (duct table and Styrofoam for the win!) Couldn't find any window ac units that fit sliding windows at the time, but this will be removed since I just had the mini split installed.

So if giving advice on how to exhaust; just pretend that ac isnt there. Im mostly asking how to exhaust air tight on a sliding window. (also how to block light with something better than trash bags lol)

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i know nothing about exhausting out a window except my method of rigging it and using an old piece you put in the window and shut it on it. lots of tape and cardboard! you dont want that!

but the blackout thing, i can help maybe!

this works great, probably any of them that say total blackout. and some use an adhesive, but this is a cling type.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

They make tint for the window, As for venting outside looks easy. When the ac is out cut a piece of plywood say 10-12 inches wide the hight of window. then cut a 4 inch or 6 inch depends on your exhaust tube, hole in plywood and bang your done. good luck bro'
Ahh seems like such an obvious solution! Thank you. How would I get the piece of plywood to be attached to the window? Would I cut a piece of plywood slightly shorter than the windows opening then just shut the window on it?

Ponky

Ponky

How many circuits? Average ambient air temperature outside that window? How much does smell and sound matter? Do you care about the flooring?

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Make sure the wood you use can deal with the outside humidity/rain/etc also put some screen over your exhaust hole so nothing can climb back in. Nice room, you should be able to yield quite a bit in there.

Youll need a nice size veg area now lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it slides in and out and has an extra piece for a really wide window. fits most anything

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I built this custom 6" inlet and outlet for my basement casement window and incorporated the screen for the window to help with any larger insects. I needed a place to use a dual port AC to draw and vent, which also incorporated an extra dedicated electrical line to this general area for the AC to have its own source of power. Anyway, I used 6" piping and also incorporated 6" baffles which allows me to "Y" off with more baffles, and allows me to vent this room to the outside should I need to, but it is mainly a closed grow space. Anyway, I hope the pictures give you an idea of how I made it work through a window....similar in location in relation to the wall and window👍

20200812 195553
20200813 003626
20210505 174348
20211123 161752 04
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I built this custom 6" inlet and outlet for my basement casement window and incorporated the screen for the window to help with any larger insects. I needed a place to use a dual port AC to draw and vent, which also incorporated an extra dedicated electrical line to this general area for the AC to have its own source of power. Anyway, I used 6" piping and also incorporated 6" baffles which allows me to "Y" off with more baffles, and allows me to vent this room to the outside should I need to, but it is mainly a closed grow space. Anyway, I hope the pictures give you an idea of how I made it work through a window....similar in location in relation to the wall and window👍
this is fantastic, might have to copy this exactly. Excited to show off the new room when its finished..

tobh

tobh

Supporter
this is excellent. gonna have to borrow the idea and see about making it a bit more stealth since where i grow shares a street facing window and having the ducting showing like that would raise suspicions for sure.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

If I was going to go more stealthy, except for the screen, I would spray paint everything black, including inside the intake and exhaust so that looking at it from a distance looked like it was just a window to a room with the lights off, as if looking at it from the outside....😉 I have a private back garden and since it is now legal to grow your own in Canada, I'm not so concerned anymore 👍😊

Kinyan_ob_WakanTakan

Kinyan_ob_WakanTakan

If I was going to go more stealthy, except for the screen, I would spray paint everything black, including inside the intake and exhaust so that looking at it from a distance looked like it was just a window to a room with the lights off, as if looking at it from the outside....😉 I have a private back garden and since it is now legal to grow your own in Canada, I'm not so concerned anymore 👍😊
THIS IS GENIUS!!!!!!!!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ahh seems like such an obvious solution! Thank you. How would I get the piece of plywood to be attached to the window? Would I cut a piece of plywood slightly shorter than the windows opening then just shut the window on it?
You take half the sliding window out and replace it with the wood. Cut to the same size as the window you took out. Caulk the edges and paint bright white. Done.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Alright @ComfortablyNumb I copied you the best I could, here is what's been done so far with the room. Got a big quest dehu hung up, makeshifted the exhuast system out of my casement window, 5 gavita LEDs and plan to have 3 3x6 tables in here.

Seeds popped and planted in rockwool 2 days ago. Growing Mountain Top Mint (HSC) and Birthday Cake x Chemdog (Humboldt CSI). We shall see how this run goes! Will update as often as I can with the progress!

4A9A1D63 7BFD 4D2F A510 075C759D20A4
033DC1AE A342 4420 9095 94122B85FEC3
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Alright @ComfortablyNumb I copied you the best I could, here is what's been done so far with the room. Got a big quest dehu hung up, makeshifted the exhuast system out of my casement window, 5 gavita LEDs and plan to have 3 3x6 tables in here.

Seeds popped and planted in rockwool 2 days ago. Growing Mountain Top Mint (HSC) and Birthday Cake x Chemdog (Humboldt CSI). We shall see how this run goes! Will update as often as I can with the progress!
@Dirtbag, @tobh check this out ^

Latest posts

Top Bottom