Empty room, need assistance on how to build!

• Thread starter PpmOver9000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

You should cover the flooring with something waterproof and easy to clean. Looks good.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

You should cover the flooring with something waterproof and easy to clean. Looks good.
thats just vinyl flooring, so its somewhat water resistant for small puddles here and there. But this did cross my mind in the process and its still not too late, any suggestions on type of material one would use?

Ponky

Ponky

thats just vinyl flooring, so its somewhat water resistant for small puddles here and there. But this did cross my mind in the process and its still not too late, any suggestions on type of material one would use?
I usually will buy the black and white poly roll. Maybe some plywood on top of the plastic if your going to put something heavy or move able on the floor.

Anthem

Anthem

How may BTU' s is the mini split?
I would not in a million years consider venting outside but maybe right after lights out for like 30 minutes. I would seal that room as tight and I can and drop in CO2

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

How may BTU' s is the mini split?
I would not in a million years consider venting outside but maybe right after lights out for like 30 minutes. I would seal that room as tight and I can and drop in CO2
is this just due to the smell venting outside? its a 2 ton unit btw.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

@Anthem been doing some reading on how to set up co2 in my space. Would you rec. a co2 burner with propane refills or going with bottles?

Anthem

Anthem

@Anthem been doing some reading on how to set up co2 in my space. Would you rec. a co2 burner with propane refills or going with bottles?
You could easily use 6 lights in there with no hear issues. I have only used bottles. The burners has some advantages and some disadvantages.
Advantage
#1. Cost of use
#2. No hassle with exchanging bottles

Disadvantage
#1. They give off a gas that has to be vented otherwise it mess up the yield

Myself I like bottles.
If you get the room well sealed you can probably get 1 1/2 to 2 weeks out of a 20 pound bottle.

Anthem

Anthem

Just get the rain tubing. It has a hole cut in the tubing every 6" or so. You want the tubing above the plants. CO2 is heavier than air so it will float to the floor if you let it. You need good air movement

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Just get the rain tubing. It has a hole cut in the tubing every 6" or so. You want the tubing above the plants. CO2 is heavier than air so it will float to the floor if you let it. You need good air movement
Yea i was leaning towards bottles with the only downside being trips to airgas. will probably go with that setup. any particular set up u recommend in terms of brand?

I am thinking of getting a co2 regulator and purchasing the co2 station and co2 sensor from trolmaster since i already have a trolmaster controller (think this was also your rec, loving it so far.) Would this all be compatible?

Anthem

Anthem

Yea i was leaning towards bottles with the only downside being trips to airgas. will probably go with that setup. any particular set up u recommend in terms of brand?

I am thinking of getting a co2 regulator and purchasing the co2 station and co2 sensor from trolmaster since i already have a trolmaster controller (think this was also your rec, loving it so far.) Would this all be compatible?
The trolmaster stuff is pretty plug and play. I would probably stick to that

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

I'm
That looks like a great project. I always dreamt of running at least twin 1000 HID's in a big room. Not going to happen for me. If I had that much weed going I'd be more concerned with a thief than the cops. I'd get a big freaking watch dog. I had a German Shepherd and a semi-automatic rifle on my big grows.

Do you really believe going to the extra trouble for CO2 is worth it? I was deliberating digging out my tank and regulator now that I have a grow tent. But I remember it being a pain in the neck to get set right. I remember doing the "bubbles in a drinking glass" thing over 30 years ago for small rooms to try to get it set because the damned regulators are for huge rooms that might go through a lot of the stuff. I think even the .5 setting with my regulator would be too much for my tent. I sold it many years ago but i Had this huge 50lb tank and I had to have my friend help me carry the damned thing to the basement. That thing was heavier than fuck when it was full. Today it would probably cost $100 at least to fill it up. And we were complete outlaws. It drew attention when we were always filling up our tanks. The guy at the source kept saying "You guys sure must drink a lot of beer." The smart ass had figured out what we were doing and it certainly made us nervous. It just seemed like a lot of trouble. And we really didn't see it affecting yields enough to keep doing it. The effect seemed to be negligible. But these are my considerations and I'd like to open up a debate here on this. Can you convince me to go through the pain in the ass it would be just to find some one to fill my tank? Do you really think you got more bud with CO2? I'd like to know. I know it will be trouble around here to get my tank even filled. I can project hours on the telephone just trying to find a source.

• You have to run the room hot (over 85 degrees-many recommend 90F) for it to be optimally effective. I don't like running my room that hot.
  • It's most effective with HPS, not as effective with LED's.
  • Although the plants will look greener and healthier? To my knowledge it still only has the potential of a 20% increase in buds.
  • Because the room must run hot, it puts extra pressure on your ventilation considerations and fine-tuning those.
  • Because the room runs hot it will require more frequent watering for plants in soil. Those pots will dry out quick. I can see you're going to have a lot of plants. You'll be working like a greenhouse grunt watering them all the time.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I'm

That looks like a great project. I always dreamt of running at least twin 1000 HID's in a big room. Not going to happen for me. If I had that much weed going I'd be more concerned with a thief than the cops. I'd get a big freaking watch dog. I had a German Shepherd and a semi-automatic rifle on my big grows.

Do you really believe going to the extra trouble for CO2 is worth it? I was deliberating digging out my tank and regulator now that I have a grow tent. But I remember it being a pain in the neck to get set right. I remember doing the "bubbles in a drinking glass" thing over 30 years ago for small rooms to try to get it set because the damned regulators are for huge rooms that might go through a lot of the stuff. I think even the .5 setting with my regulator would be too much for my tent. I sold it many years ago but i Had this huge 50lb tank and I had to have my friend help me carry the damned thing to the basement. That thing was heavier than fuck when it was full. Today it would probably cost $100 at least to fill it up. And we were complete outlaws. It drew attention when we were always filling up our tanks. The guy at the source kept saying "You guys sure must drink a lot of beer." The smart ass had figured out what we were doing and it certainly made us nervous. It just seemed like a lot of trouble. And we really didn't see it affecting yields enough to keep doing it. The effect seemed to be negligible. But these are my considerations and I'd like to open up a debate here on this. Can you convince me to go through the pain in the ass it would be just to find some one to fill my tank? Do you really think you got more bud with CO2? I'd like to know. I know it will be trouble around here to get my tank even filled. I can project hours on the telephone just trying to find a source.

• You have to run the room hot (over 85 degrees-many recommend 90F) for it to be optimally effective. I don't like running my room that hot.
  • It's most effective with HPS, not as effective with LED's.
  • Although the plants will look greener and healthier? To my knowledge it still only has the potential of a 20% increase in buds.
  • Because the room must run hot, it puts extra pressure on your ventilation considerations and fine-tuning those.
  • Because the room runs hot it will require more frequent watering for plants in soil. Those pots will dry out quick. I can see you're going to have a lot of plants. You'll be working like a greenhouse grunt watering them all the time.
I can't speak to the effects of co2 from personal experience so maybe other growers who supplement co2 like @Anthem can chime in. I originally learned how to grow at a larger facility, then quit for several years and now have been back at it in this spare room I have. My old place of work ran co2, so I don't really know if it made a huge impact since I didn't have any grows without co2 to compare it to. The plants grew amazing there but it wasn't my own grow, I just worked there. So I am lost on how to set it all up (after reading a bit, seems straight forward now). My main reason of going back and forth is because if I do a ventilation system, I am not sure if I would have any odor leaks. And of course the increased yields.

I don't mind running the room that hot to be honest, I am used to it.
I do have LEDs so this might be something to consider, but some light reading tells me it's fine if you have high powered LEDs.
20% increase is actually exactly what I expect, and I would argue that's totally worth it. It's about $50 for a refill, if I have to refill too frequently then it might not be worth it.
As far as venting goes, I wouldn't be ventilating other than after the lights shut off/on to replace the air. So i don't think this would be an issue since I would be running it in a sealed room.
I'll be growing in rockwool cubes and already have an automatic watering system built out from my last run. Although I do hand water during veg, but I would do that regardless.

Anthem

Anthem

I can't speak to the effects of co2 from personal experience so maybe other growers who supplement co2 like @Anthem can chime in. I originally learned how to grow at a larger facility, then quit for several years and now have been back at it in this spare room I have. My old place of work ran co2, so I don't really know if it made a huge impact since I didn't have any grows without co2 to compare it to. The plants grew amazing there but it wasn't my own grow, I just worked there. So I am lost on how to set it all up (after reading a bit, seems straight forward now). My main reason of going back and forth is because if I do a ventilation system, I am not sure if I would have any odor leaks. And of course the increased yields.

I don't mind running the room that hot to be honest, I am used to it.
I do have LEDs so this might be something to consider, but some light reading tells me it's fine if you have high powered LEDs.
20% increase is actually exactly what I expect, and I would argue that's totally worth it. It's about $50 for a refill, if I have to refill too frequently then it might not be worth it.
As far as venting goes, I wouldn't be ventilating other than after the lights shut off/on to replace the air. So i don't think this would be an issue since I would be running it in a sealed room.
I'll be growing in rockwool cubes and already have an automatic watering system built out from my last run. Although I do hand water during veg, but I would do that regardless.
6 lights for one run is going to cost me about $ 2250 in electric use. CO2 to fill a 20 pound bottle is 20 dollars. I would assume you can get 1.5 weeks out of a bottle in flower. So lets call it 9 bottle of CO2 at 20 a fill. 180 dollars. Yield wise a 20 percent increase for 180 dollars is a no brainer. Find a shitty welding supply place or check with your hydro store. Most I know of will do an exchange for you. The other way to go would be to find a few home brewing stores around you as well as a welding supply place and alternate between using each. IMO running at 82 degrees is fine and the yield is well with the CO2 but this is my experience. I would never run on purpose over 82 degrees. Humidity and temperature in check is key!

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Stellar build my man! Can’t wait to see what you crank out of here

since you have the luxury of a mini split I would not ventilate, seal her up with co2 and let her rip. I just have my carbon filters scrubbing the room air but not venting out. Those mini splits can maintain an awesome little temp range so I wouldn’t worry about heat

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Room is roughly half full with 26 new transplants, other clones still being rooted..they are doing well so far, they got their first hand watering yesterday morning and roots have popped out of the bottom of the hugos.

One question I had for anyone with a trolmaster system, i keep getting a light alarm at the same exact time every night. My lights shut off at 11pm and at 11:03pm every night I get a light alarm. I am assuming this means that the sensor is detecting light when its supposed to be the dark cycle. But how is it at the same time every night, and at least to my naked eye there is no light leaks. Anyone experience this before?

485F60AE 9C13 42BD B9E1 E1DCB75B7D9A
77471515 B8EA 4DA8 BABC 3B14BCD7A906
Top Bottom