end of flowering help.

• Thread starter kdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kdog

anyone have any special little thing they do at the end of flowering to improve the end product? is there any additives you use only at the end of flower to help enhance taste or smell? stuff like that. also i always flush my plants a week before day 50. do you guys flush and if you do are you using any nutes at all after or is it time to just let it eat its own reserves.

T

tomsawyer

I like to add molasses and compost tea to help break it down for uptake. Also I have foliared with molasses (very light). Flush with compost tea mostly cuz I reuse soil

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

The best thing you can do for your plants to make them better at the end is wait. Have Patience. Adding stuff at the end to get a larger yeild will lead to a crappy tasting weed.
Molasses is great like OP said.
Not sure if you harvest on day 50 or start your flush on day 50. Hopefully you start your flush around day 50. If you have a 60-70 day strain and start adding a bunch of stuff on day 50 to bump your yeild up is not going to do much.
Your better off sticking with a Nutrient company's formula feed chart. Follow it to the "T" and only use there products for the first few harvests. This way you can learn how and what does what and when to use there products. Every strain is different and will take up nutes at different levels. This is why you need to stick with a formula for a few rounds.
There has been a discussion lately about people switching nutes cus they did not like the way there first harvest went when using them. People need to learn how to use nutes intead of blaming the company. You can get a great harvest with a cheap brand compared to a big name expensive company. It all depends how you use them. It is not the price of the nutes that make them better or the sticker on the bottle. It is the person using them is what makes them work or not.

K

kdog

well the reason im flushing using organics is old habits die hard... i used to use fox farm nutes and when i got to about my seventh harvest i started realizing that, and this could all be in my head and im sure it is. when using ff nutes i would flush cuz if i didnt id have to lite a joint twenty times. the ash was black , it was nice going in but coming out? forget about it. harsh.
then on my third harvest i was reading about the whole final flush thing and it made sense. if all the shit we feed em travels through the plant we are smoking it, and i could tell the difference between flushed and not flushed big time.....so i started flushing. once at thirty days right before i switch to flower and then again around day fifty. day fifty cuz all my 50 to 55 day strains seem to take 60 to 65 days so that gives the plant two weeks of strait water to bring it to the end.
i may not even need the flush. but at the point im at. ive had not flushed and flushed, and it just seems flushed is smoother.

now what you said makes sense bro, cuz last harvest i had to move into a new home so i had to chop a super lemon plants at day 80 with no flush. but i noticed that it was bomb anyway, even though i didnt flush. probably cuz i moved to using puravida.

as far as the little things at the end, i guess i meant like from 25 days to harvest on. what steps do you take. is anyone leaving em in the dark for a few days or stopping watering all together? you know how people say it raises resin production.

M

mellokitty

'out of the bottle' flushes are a scam. a 10%-strength solution for the first 3-7 days of flush followed by a couple days of straight water will do the same thing.

definitely, 24 to 48 hours of complete darkness will both increase resin and harden your buds. i think the not watering during that time is to prevent the problems that come with excess moisture + lack of light (like bud rot, for instance).

@kal el: organic or not, excess nutrients in your plant matter will make your final product taste/smoke like shit.

M

MImedMJpatient

Try leaving the lights off the last forty-eight hours of flower.

Top Bottom