Enough Soil?

• Thread starter GotPower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GotPower

Hi again,

I have bucket 5l but is only 1/2 full is enough ? And if is not enough I can put on top soil?

G

GotPower

Image 0 02 04 417b84d6c993ed64799828eea590f465069291a08eb58073621189ac19f90290 V

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

its fine for the size of plant in there id wait about to weeks then plant her in something bigger

G

GotPower

its fine for the size of plant in there id wait about to weeks then plant her in something bigger
Its 3weeks old, and if i dont put to bigger pot? Something happens? Cuz i dont have any bigger pots :/

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You could let it grow and develop a solid root ball for a couple of weeks. Then pull it out of here and fill the bottom with fresh soil and put the plant right back on top and water it in.

Many growers just cut the bottom out of the pot and put it right on top of a new pot full of soil and let the roots grow right through.

I hope there are drain holes in that pot!

G

GotPower

You could let it grow and develop a solid root ball for a couple of weeks. Then pull it out of here and fill the bottom with fresh soil and put the plant right back on top and water it in.

Many growers just cut the bottom out of the pot and put it right on top of a new pot full of soil and let the roots grow right through.

I hope there are drain holes in that pot!
But 5l pot enough? Yea there drain holes in pot

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But 5l pot enough? Yea there drain holes in pot

No not for its whole life. I like to transplant up in sizes to promote nice tight root balls that fill the soil as completely as possible.

So my suggestion is to root that the way I said then move up to about double the size pot (or a bit bigger. Depends on your situation. ) and let it grow and root in that one for a few weeks and then.....

Otherwise in my experience the roots will usually circle the pot rather than penetrate and explore the soil. Over watering also inhibits the roots from branching out.

Many may disagree with me. And my personal experience is indoor. But I have been around outdoor growers all my life and they mostly grew hidden crops so right in the final container. Usually a big trash can. But they transplanted up their container vegetables and such at home.

It all really depends. Every Grow is different. These tips are for ideal conditions and hopefully results.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

No not for its whole life. I like to transplant up in sizes to promote nice tight root balls that fill the soil as completely as possible.

So my suggestion is to root that the way I said then move up to about double the size pot (or a bit bigger. Depends on your situation. ) and let it grow and root in that one for a few weeks and then.....

Otherwise in my experience the roots will usually circle the pot rather than penetrate and explore the soil. Over watering also inhibits the roots from branching out.

Many may disagree with me. And my personal experience is indoor. But I have been around outdoor growers all my life and they mostly grew hidden crops so right in the final container. Usually a big trash can. But they transplanted up their container vegetables and such at home.

It all really depends. Every Grow is different. These tips are for ideal conditions and hopefully results.

how u tell from full roots and root bound?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

how u tell from full roots and root bound?

That question plaqued me for the longest time while I learned to be more patient with the plants.

I don't think container plants get "root bound". I said the roots would circle the pot. When I used pots that were too big for plant I noticed it more.

I just think it gets harder to meet their needs if they stay in small ones. But with added nutrients and frequent watering you can grow a monster in a little pot.

Look at the party cup Grow off.

Getting a good root ball is more about the wet / dry cycle in peat lite/soil type potting mix in my opinion. Getting the roots to grow and search for nutrients is key.

Ways I know when to transplant are the plant is usually 2/3 bigger than the pot. The roots are starting to tangle and be seen too much out of the drain holes. Or they are starting to die off.

Or in my system. I pretty much transplant when the plants are dry and need water in less than 2-3 days.

And that is my average watering time in 3 gallon pots for a peak flowering plant in ocean forest with added perlite in my room.

G

GotPower

I firstly planted to 300~ml pot, then 2weeks later i transplanted to this 5l pot 1week later i saw the plant get 3x bigger , its auto quick one im using homemade fertilizer - in big 100l container i putted nettles , waited 2weeks and fertilized all garden and no sunburns
2days later i update this post with new pic

G

GotPower

Transplanting to 15l and 1week later new pic
And for other peoples i recommend nettle fertilizer is soo good :D

Top Bottom