Enter the Monolith: Under Current 10 meets Home Box

• Thread starter Boylobster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

BL....just read back over my posts.....sorry for coming off like a know it all, that's not appealing.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
wow bro i havent been in this thread in 2-3 weeks and all hell broke loose! them are some huge buds bro. great job.

by the way those plants that are mutated are they at the end of the line? maybe the water is not circulating well in thier buckets? is the water the same hieght in all the buckets?

Boylobster

Boylobster

Is this it?!?! The final update??? Yes, friends, I believe that for now, our journey has come to an end. But before we discover the stunning conclusion to our tale, let me hit back everybody... :)

UCMENOW, interesting, interesting... so it *could* be an excess of N, like... ah... what's-his-face said! :itwasntme That actually makes a lot of sense, as I was using Canna 2-part Coco nutes before, with which it's also impossible to reduce the N as flowering continues. I'll give that some serious thought, thanks.

As for the essential oil production, I'll take your word for it. Sounds reasonable, and I can try to bring the RH down a bit more. Is there any particular stage at which you would recommend it be lowest?

Oh, and no offense taken. Sometimes, when you know a lot, it can be difficult to sound as though you don't. ;) Keep workin' on it, though! :D

Papa, your wish is granted. Read on... ;)

Twist, nah, flow is well distributed. Currently, I'm leaning towards UCMENOW's answer as being the most plausible... thanks for stopping back by, btw!

And now... drum roll, *please*!

This one is much, much bigger than mine. I can admit it.
IMG_2233Small.jpg

I've never *seen* this much bud in person before. Never. No big deal for some of you, but this is absolutely unprecedented for me. (that's not me, btw...)
PPileSmall.jpg

The glamor shot - we had to. :rofl
TPileSmall.jpg

And finally, one last shout out for the good people at Current Culture: The ad you *should* make, but can't. I couldn't help myself. :)
IMG_2235Small.jpg

The numbers: Smallest plant - 4.5. Largest plant - a mind-blowing 13.5! Average - 8.5 ozzies per site!

This run finished far beyond my highest expectations, and I'd like to thank everybody here on the Farm who lent their support and knowledge along the way. Big props to Daniel and the Current Culture cats for outstanding service and support as well. We did it kids, and I couldn't be more pleased! :party

Now for the sequel... ;)

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
:banana1sv6:Fucking put a big ass smile on my face ....Great job bro you killed it :hunter:....Its a really good feeling when you harvest and say ive never seen this much before....:pimp: The Under Current speaks for it self ...(Jack lifts right hand and slaps haters on the back of there head):fighting0085:

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Standing O...though you can't CMENOW

Guess that means your smallest yielding plant paid for the initial investment on the system...... and your highest yielder paid for it 3 times over, solid.

You're Manlobster in my book from now on big guy.:rock

R

RMCG

Damn nice pull.

Even with all of the problems and reconfigs. Definitely one of the most entertaining grow shows I've followed.

Quick Q for you though. Did you use that 1/10th HP chiller the whole run in the UC? Or was that just for the veg setup?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Awesome job buddy! I knew you would pull it off.
Next run should be even more kick ass! Hats off to you.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sick harvest BL! Congrats on the killer UC run... I'm dying to get my feet wet in those blue buckets someday soon... :cool

Boylobster

Boylobster

Manlobster! :rofl

Thanks so much for all the props, guys! This kind of success isn't just due to the help I received during the run, but also to everything I had to learn *before* hand, much of it right here on the Farm.

JACKMAY, I'm glad you're feelin' it! You're gonna' have one of those moments yourself in a month or so, aren't you? Except that you're gonna' need a few wheelbarrows to hold *your* harvest! :D

ICUYOUNOW! :D

RMCG, thanks, and yeah, I used the 1/10hp chiller for the entire run - it never broke a sweat. Temps never left 68-70F, easy.

Trichrome, here's hoping, but I don't know if the next run will be as big, honestly. As an experiment, I've got three different strains going to see how each reacts to the same parameters, and it's already an excellent illustration of how very different the needs of different strains can be. ...I suppose I have a new thread to make, huh? ;)

Shady, if you decide to rock an Under Current or something much like it, I hope you can learn from all the flailing around I did here. I say go for it. :)

Thanks again, everybody! :banana:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

JACKMAY, I'm glad you're feelin' it! You're gonna' have one of those moments yourself in a month or so, aren't you? Except that you're gonna' need a few wheelbarrows to hold *your* harvest! :D

I bet he's gonna need like at least a dozen wheelbarrows! :rock

Trichrome, here's hoping, but I don't know if the next run will be as big, honestly. As an experiment, I've got three different strains going to see how each reacts to the same parameters, and it's already an excellent illustration of how very different the needs of different strains can be. ...I suppose I have a new thread to make, huh? ;)

I'm looking forward to more fun with the ladies. Figuring out which of the 3 strains likes the system the most, will be a little bit of a process, but I'm sure that it will only make for much more awesome runs in the future.:pimp:

K

khaoticOrder

Yes, indeed, even with all your problems, you still pulled though.
I know all too well your pains and trials, except mine was with a DIY areo's I built.

ManLobster, very funny!!!

Boylobster

Boylobster

Bobby, I was using the 5.5" net pots, but now I can definitely see the utility of the larger pots. It became very difficult and later, impossible to stabilize the big green monsters... not that I'm complaining. ;)

With this run, however, I would've had problems even with 8" pots - what I really needed was a proper trellis system for the second half of flowering. Had that been in place, I don't think stability would have been nearly as much of an issue, regardless of pot size.

Tee hee... "pot size". :D

A

amstercal

just caught this. real page turner. amazing ending. although i'm liking the root idea presented earlier, have you always flowered this strain under a mh?

Boylobster

Boylobster

amstercal, thanks! And yeah, I've run this strain under HPS in coco and hydro previously, so no surprises there. However, since the heaviest plant was almost three times larger than my previous best with this strain, maybe this is just how they grow when they're really, really happy. :mmm

moses, Thermal Armour is just what I called it 'cause it sounds cool. :D It's a reflective, air-filled insulation you can find at Blowe's and Home Despot. It comes in rolls with a silver, metallic coating on both sides and little plastic air bubbles in the middle. Light proofing and heat shielding in one sheet! :)

PureCure, thanks, bud! I was more than a little surprised myself.

Top Bottom