Enzymes and Benifical Bacteria?

• Thread starter nebulius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nebulius

nebulius

Hey all, I'm a still a bit new to this and trying to figure this all out. I am doing DWC using city water(under 200ppm) (de-chlorinated) and using Fox Farms Trio+BushDoctor Microbrew, Hygrozyme, Thrive Alive, and Gro-Tek Pro Silica.
(the ph chems of course)

Is it good to be adding enzymes and benifical bacteria?
Also is there anything else I should change with my nutes?

dankworth

dankworth

Many peeps have had problems with recirculating dwc and enzymes. It might be best to check for that on this site. It may pose a risk to stand-alone dwc. Beneficials are good in dwc. Look into earthworm casting teas, rdwc folks have fixed probs and prevented probs with it. What is NPK values of your nutes? Some might recommend against city water of 200 ppms, but it might eliminate a need for calmag.
Honestly, I hope someone else with more knowledge and experience with dwc can offer input.

nebulius

nebulius

:cool0019:posted on another site, sorry to the OP didn't get your name. read below and please comment.

"Bacterias and enzymes work together...But they are different things Enzymes are nonliving chemicals that produced by cells in all creatures and found in other sources that tell other cells in the plants what to do, some enzymes are extracted from other plants that have them in abundance, some are extracted from microbes...hell saliva has like 100 enzymes or something like that...but certain ones are found in your plant already and certain ones enhance aspects ect...Microbes are living little creatures that form a relationship with your plant
Microbes include three classes that are beneficial to plant grow
1Bacterias
2Fungis
3Protozoa

The bacterias and the fungis encapsolate and convert nutrients and sugars enzymes and aminos ect into available forms if converting and into immobile eaten forms if encapsilated...then comes along the protozoa and they eat the encapsilated ones and turn them into usable forms for the plant. As well the microbe eat and transform the plants carbo exudes or wastes and turn the into available stuff for reuptake.
The microbes eat the nutes the plants shits and either shit it out themselves in more bio available forms or just take in some of the watse of the plants (encapsilate) then when they are in turn eaten by protozoa the protos wate is good shit!!
Enzymes help the plant and the microbes perform certain functions like transport of nutrients and plant hormone signals. As well as break down dead roots and plant and microbe wastes.

Both are essential in the right porportions for plant functions to most closely resemble a true life situation which will create the most rich full earthy tasting herb...As well as robust healthy disease resistent plants.

When you start adding alot of Different species of microbes you need to feed them rich hummectants and fulvics and quality sugars, molasses based hydro carb nute supplements are what you want to use not straight mollasses, it works in soil but in hydro the straight shit is a real SOB...following a full nute program with microbes involved will cause build up in the system with time and clogging, as well as vast potential for anerobic cnditions.

Regular cleaning and maintanenece is a must. But the return product is worth it.

The use of BIO FILTERS Especially in DWC greatly enhances microbial life and cleanliness of the system.

2 good ways i know of to make bio filters are....you can use them together for greater cleanliness
1 lava rock in a filter bag with a air hose plugged into the bag and closed....its like a microbe hotel. insted of clining to the walls and all tbhey gather in the rock. Put this right in front of the intake of your pump, or even get a larger filter bag for your pump and put lava in with it and the air line.

2Natural sea sponge with air tube stuck into the middle and rubber banded on. allow this to float around on surface bubblin and harboring micros which could try to create a film and a ring around the res.

ive used both methods and still needed to clean out the res regularly. I flush and clean weekly and reinnoculate weekly so im not really concerned with a bio filter at this point, but i do find that the intake filter of my pump that goes to my water chiller which runs all the time seems to build up with microbes like a biofilter...then I clean them all out and kill the whole poppulation with Flora clean and Florashield which wipes out all microbes and strenghtens the roots with chitosan and other plant extracts then rinse that stuff out and reinnoculte with a fresh colony of microbes...Meanwhile foliar feeding when the plants have been totally flushed and cleaned!!

You can also spray microbes onto your plants to innoculate every surface which improves disease resistance (PM)and crop production... "

Resinable

Resinable

My two cents on enzymes: I have used them many times but when a very knowledgable person (PHD plant science related) told me (years ago) that a healthy plant will produce all the enzymes it will ever need I stopped. After discontinuing there use I saw no decrease in yield or quality. The only possible use I can see for enzyme products is to treat medium (between runs) you intend to reuse. Otherwise a complete waste of money in my opinion.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

I have scene noticible differences while using it in my coco beds. The plants are just happier. Try it without first then use some. You be your own judge.

Top Bottom