Help! I watered these plants 3 days ago and they drooped and never came back.

• Thread starter Amonolith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hippyt

try rootwise if your doing living soil just while your getting your watering down watch the bottom leaves for bud rot it catch that shit early good luch
Im in ocean forest 3/4th of the way and living soil compost mixed into the bottom 1/4. I havent feed them much, aside from the living soil top dressing every 3-4 waterings according to the makers ( Natures Living Soil), i was gonna look into some food once i flipped the switch to start flowering. Also every couple of waterings i mix great white microbes in with my water. My temps in the tent stay in the 70s anywhere from 71-79, depending on time of day, and my RH is lower at 50-60%.

H

hippyt

Yeah i noticed some of the leaves look like they have a potassium and or/ magnesium deficiency starting on the tops. I think some of the others got burnt from nitrogen toxicity, as they did have w very dark green color when they were younger, not entirely sure though. I have been ph ing my water to 6.5 most times when i do water, and gassing off chlorine in my tap water for my microbes, but maybe my tester is out of wack? Would any of those deficiencies cause drooping in this way?.
calcium def I think your right about the nitro burn they will recover I damn near kill mine before every harvest

H

hippyt

calcium def I think your right about the nitro burn they will recover I damn near kill mine before every harvest
its a weed cannabis is a trooper you want some stresses but more exp the trick is to give them just enough stress they don't herm on ya but the plants will be fine maybe even better

H

hippyt

You think a little calmag would help that issue? How do you add more calcium when ya need it? Haha
you can make a liquid calcium carbonate by crushing eggshell in a container with equal part of vinagr let sit 24 hours or until it stops bubbling the liquid is now calcium carbonate in rapid liquid form
fyi this is also a co2 booster if you use your imaginatin

A

Amonolith

its a weed cannabis is a trooper you want some stresses but more exp the trick is to give them just enough stress they don't herm on ya but the plants will be fine maybe even better

Oh for sure, i like calling them Annuals though, lmao puts more respect on its name 😝

H

hippyt

You need to pot up bud the roots can’t drink enough transplant them and they should be good again. Use superthrive or b1 when transplanting to ease stress
water slow all I do is grow weed so its easy I understand I have no life but if you spend 5 bucks on a garden drip system or one of those bottle things that release it slowly

Eledin

Eledin

I have a post on how to make readily available calcium with eggshells if youre interested. Make sure to give them some epsom salts aswell, calcium needs magnessium to be absorved properly. In another post we were talking that you can go as much as 6:1 ratio with calcium magnessium before the calcium stops being absorved properly. Also use apple cider vinegar and test the ph after youre done with the mix, should be around 7 but if its too acidic add more eggshell, if its too alkaline add more vinegar. Excuse my english Im from Spain.
As for the CO2 booster thing, our friend is basically saying that while its reacting you can put it inside the tent for a CO2 boost because the acetic acid from the vinegar reacts with the calcium carbonate, liberating the carbon to the air, thats why the bubbles.

A

Amonolith

I have a post on how to make readily available calcium with eggshells if youre interested. Make sure to give them some epsom salts aswell, calcium needs magnessium to be absorved properly. In another post we were talking that you can go as much as 6:1 ratio with calcium magnessium before the calcium stops being absorved properly. Also use apple cider vinegar and test the ph after youre done with the mix, should be around 7 but if its too acidic add more eggshell, if its too alkaline add more vinegar. Excuse my english Im from Spain.
As for the CO2 booster thing, our friend is basically saying that while its reacting you can put it inside the tent for a CO2 boost because the acetic acid from the vinegar reacts with the calcium carbonate, liberating the carbon to the air, thats why the bubbles.
Lol thats so damn cool, im gonna find your post and read into it. You agree though? Looks like a calcium issue?

Eledin

Eledin

Lol thats so damn cool, im gonna find your post and read into it. You agree though? Looks like a calcium issue?
Sorry I was still reading all the posts hahaha. Well it certainly looks like a deficiency or a ph too low, but what deficiency is gonna be more tricky to know. Calcium deficiency usually starts with rust spots way before the leaf turns yellow. It looks like nitrogen deficiency but I wouldnt want to bet all my money on it until I know whats the PH of your runoff, could be just acidic water but I see some brown leaves down in one of the plants, do you have to remove many dead leaves? If so, they probably want more nitrogen and are taking them from the lower leaves. First symptoms of nitrogen deficiency: lower leaves start to yellow and die, it goes up to the medium and upper fan leaves progressively if not treated.

Eledin

Eledin

While the yellowing of the lower leaves is a natural process and is to be expected (when they grow taller those leaves dont get much light so the plant ends up sucking the nutes, also the newer leaves do a better job) I wouldnt expect it so soon. Im usually in mid-late flower when that starts happening and then it happens a lot more when you flush and the plant starts using his own stored nutrients, thats usually done to achieve a better taste in organic, if youre using synthetics is also vital because its gonna taste like shit if you dont flush it. You can also chop them at night when they send some of the nutrients to the roots for even less chemicals in the buds.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

I also see what might look like nute burn (probably from too much P or K or inapropiate PH) in the one on the left and the little one behind the ones in the middle. But again, we need to check that ph to make sure and then see how they react now that youre watering them more carefully. I wouldnt go now and give them nitrogen because it could make it worse if its not that.

Eledin

Eledin

Last post sorry, I do give them epsom salts when I flush them. As I said they help with cleaning the soil from accumulated salts and unwanted stuff but it also contains sulfur, and the skunky aroma comes from sulfuric compounds instead of terpenes so I wouldnt want them to be short on sulfur.

Top Bottom