Enzymes

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ElGringoLoco

I've been using Stress Zyme (available at most pet stores and WalMart) for several years with great results, just a few milliliters every 2 weeks in each reservoir makes for a nice healthy roots system.

Stress zyme
phenotyper

phenotyper

Let us know how it goes phenotyper!

Absolutely! I just tried my first application of PondZyme last night and had noticeable root growth and health overnight.

Here is my setup:

I have a Green Crack plant in a modified Powergrower Eco (waterfarm). I have two airstones and a drop ring. The plant was transplated from soil to hydroton, and I have been battling root growth due to high ph issues since the transplant. I felt like this would be the perfect opportunity to test on a plant with low consequences (if it dies, I am mostly a soil grower, so I don't car).

I bought a pound of (PondZyme with barley) http://www.pondcare.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=8

This stuff is not immediately water soluble (I say not immediately because the enzymes break down the barley), but you'll notice is separates pretty easily. The instructions say to add 1 scoop per 100 gallons. The scooper had no size metric on it, so I measured using half teaspoons and found each scoop to be 2tsp. So 1 tsp = 50 gallons, 1/2 tsp = 25...1/32 tsp = 1.5 gallons.

So I added 1/16 tsp for my approximate 3 gallon reservoir below the Powergrower Eco. I did this last evening at about 8pm.

Today, at about 10am, I checked the rez and the roots had noticeably grown, looked larger and stronger. I'll be sure to post back if I see even better results. But after a few more tests, I am pretty stoked to use this to decompose organic matter when transplanting from soil - >hydro, as well as to help with depletion of nitrogen towards the end of flowering.

Right now, nutrient interaction is unclear. I am going to try a test of Molasses and PondZyme, I'll keep reporting back or perhaps start a thread on all the experiments I'm attempting. Quite honestly, I am really stoked to see something so easily breakdown organic matter in a safe way that is nearly impossible to overdose.

Next up, soil tests!

Did I mention that PondZyme makes 16,000 gallons? For like $35 dollars? I love finding cheap secret sauce. Hell yes.

Also, I know this is not a controlled test, but I point out that I did not add anything else to the rez to cause this explosive growth. I will do my best to make a control and before and after pictures if I keep this up. Sometimes science in the workplace makes me fudge things on the ol' homestead.

T

The Pollinator

Yes! Please continue sharing your experiences! Very interested!

S

swisscheese

I just got the pond-zyme too and am going to mix it in and see how the girls like it. Hope I don't mess them up.

phenotyper

phenotyper

The pondzyme will not mess up your ladies. I have used conaiderably larger doses and the plants are fine. Super cheap in compairison to other products too!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Can either of those be used to break down the old roots in my beds for reuse?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Absolutely! I just tried my first application of PondZyme last night and had noticeable root growth and health overnight.

Here is my setup:

I have a Green Crack plant in a modified Powergrower Eco (waterfarm). I have two airstones and a drop ring. The plant was transplated from soil to hydroton, and I have been battling root growth due to high ph issues since the transplant. I felt like this would be the perfect opportunity to test on a plant with low consequences (if it dies, I am mostly a soil grower, so I don't car).

I bought a pound of (PondZyme with barley) http://www.pondcare.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=8

This stuff is not immediately water soluble (I say not immediately because the enzymes break down the barley), but you'll notice is separates pretty easily. The instructions say to add 1 scoop per 100 gallons. The scooper had no size metric on it, so I measured using half teaspoons and found each scoop to be 2tsp. So 1 tsp = 50 gallons, 1/2 tsp = 25...1/32 tsp = 1.5 gallons.

So I added 1/16 tsp for my approximate 3 gallon reservoir below the Powergrower Eco. I did this last evening at about 8pm.

Today, at about 10am, I checked the rez and the roots had noticeably grown, looked larger and stronger. I'll be sure to post back if I see even better results. But after a few more tests, I am pretty stoked to use this to decompose organic matter when transplanting from soil - >hydro, as well as to help with depletion of nitrogen towards the end of flowering.

Right now, nutrient interaction is unclear. I am going to try a test of Molasses and PondZyme, I'll keep reporting back or perhaps start a thread on all the experiments I'm attempting. Quite honestly, I am really stoked to see something so easily breakdown organic matter in a safe way that is nearly impossible to overdose.

Next up, soil tests!

Did I mention that PondZyme makes 16,000 gallons? For like $35 dollars? I love finding cheap secret sauce. Hell yes.

Also, I know this is not a controlled test, but I point out that I did not add anything else to the rez to cause this explosive growth. I will do my best to make a control and before and after pictures if I keep this up. Sometimes science in the workplace makes me fudge things on the ol' homestead.

Hey Pheno,

I just wrapped up a run in soil beds and have sense pulled what I can of the roots out do you think I could use that pondzyme now to break down the remainder of the roots? Will I need to add in Molasses to keep them happy?
Thanks

GR33N

Top Bottom