Epic Pheno Hunt in my 2x4! Help Growmies!

• Thread starter SpectacularG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpectacularG

SpectacularG

Hello everyone!
First time grower here but very passionate and ambitious, Please Watch the full Video Linked below and let me know all your thoughts on my setup, I could use some help on the feeding schedule and would love to know if there are some sativa experts that could guide me through this phenohunt of this Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze. As you will see in the video I am a very confident first time grower and could use some feedbacks!

also here is today's update with a few changes to the setup

This is the plan:
2 days ago I soaked 55 super sour diesel seeds from reservoir seeds in some 0.75% hydrogen peroxide and spring water solution at 5.85ph. yesterday I soaked some organiplugs in a 0.5% hydrogen peroxide solution and have them sprout in the humidity dome. Today after 48h from the first soaking I turned the lights on and will keep a 22h schedule for the first 3 days or so, the meter is reading about 55-65 ppfd and I will increment tomorrow 80 and after tomorrow to 100. For the first week till they are in the rooters i will feed only 20ml/gal clonex for seedling and then start with the veg feeding schedules attached. After the plants have reached a few inches and have a clonable top I will top all 50 of them and after about a week till they root nicely in the organiplugs i will then transplant them in some small pots that i measured, 50 of them will fit perfectly in my other 2.3x2.3 spider farmer tent. and after 2-3 days still at 18/6 i will then flip to flower to sex the main ones in the 2.3x4.6. hopefully I get at least half females and from those i will select the best 18 and transplant them into 1 gal pots arranged in 3 rows of 6 to achieve a Sea of green, if you have any advice on how to find the best genetics already from the vegetative stage let me know, anyway i will select the 18 i like, take some cuttings and flip them to flower, scientifically 16 is a very fair number to find a pretty good pheno at least for a homegrow situation. then I will select the pheno i like the most and just keep running 2-3 plants per run of that one. I know its gonna be pretty crammed in there but i found it necessary to find a good pheno.
Now that you know what i am looking forward to please watch the video in full lenght and let me know all your opinions on any detail you might find i am forgetting, i have been very synthetic and it should be an enjoyable watch. I am really curious about the feeding charts and air circulation techniques you guys run. also contrary to what I say in the video after watching bruce bugbee video on far red, i figured I will only use it for about 30 minutes a day towards the end of the light cycle after the 3rd week of flowering to prevent overstretching since I m growing a tall sativa already and especially for this run space is limited.

Don t freak out on the number of plants because i ve seen it happen, although the plants will grew less colas its still possible to get good results to find the best genetic expression. I have seen guys on youtube grow 9 plants in a 2x2 or 50 plants in a 4x8 and one dude even grew 16 in a 2.3x2.3 so i am sure with care and attention to detail i can achieve it. Check out yt channel called 2x2 growing

Please also watch this fenomenal video produced by cannacribs at the Amaze cannabis facility. It's super entertaining to watch and It will give you the whole idea on how I am trying to approach this grow. Much respect for them

The feeding charts shows a pretty heavy amount of different nutrients i will update soon on ec and ppm levels. for the first 2 weeks of veg i think i should feed about 1.2 to 1.5ec at most and then reach 1.8 till flower flip when i will start feeding at around 2.4 ec. Something that scares me is that I have a lot of nutes like Recharge for example that you are supposed to add at the end of ph and ec feed solution measuring because they dont affect it but now i am wondering if all those compatible nutes will then raise the soil ec and when i go check the runoff i might find out its very high but its high of things that doesn t matter if they raise the ec and i will not be able to find out if i am having deficiencies or toxicities! (hope i am making sense here).

I would have a thousand questions right now but I ll have the thread unfold itself and I hope we all have fun discussing this crazy first time grower pheno hunt attempt. Ahahha sorry in advance to all the pros that have their hands on their head after reading this plan, i certainly know that i am making a step longer than my leg but thats me guys hope you understand that i am just very passionate and strive for excellence

Thanks so much for everyone taking the time to share their passion with me!

This will be the official grow journal and I will post any updates under this thread, stay tuned for a grow worth checking in to!

raw setup and feeding chart pics here:
If you would like more info about the companies recommended dosages i will picture the label and post it
Epic pheno hunt in my 2x4 help growmies
Epic pheno hunt in my 2x4 help growmies 2

I tried to make this post here 2 days ago but it got deleted and I have been banned for spam, today for some reason i am unbanned so I am trying again, If there is an actual reason I was banned please mod contact me and lmk because i am clueless i thought that maybe its because i am posting also on another forum too but lmk so i can be compliant with things here. Thanks again

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

If you use all those supplements, it aint gonna be good.
Thanks for your opinion phyto! what makes you say that, how would you change them up? would you reduce quantities even more or avoid some completely? Thanks again

P

Phyto

Some are snake oil. Bud Sweetner/Bud candy, is basically molasses (sugar), it doesn't "sweeten" a thing, the sugars feed the microbes in the soil, to help make nutes more available to the plants, but you're using bottled nutes, which is a synthetic grow, so it won't have a lot of effect. You're also doubling and tripling up on the same nutes (NPK) which is a good way to fry your plants. I'm sure, however, the guy at the grow store loves you!! Proceed as you see fit.

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

Some are snake oil. Bud Sweetner/Bud candy, is basically molasses (sugar), it doesn't "sweeten" a thing, the sugars feed the microbes in the soil, to help make nutes more available to the plants, but you're using bottled nutes, which is a synthetic grow, so it won't have a lot of effect. You're also doubling and tripling up on the same nutes (NPK) which is a good way to fry your plants. I'm sure, however, the guy at the grow store loves you!! Proceed as you see fit

Some are snake oil. Bud Sweetner/Bud candy, is basically molasses (sugar), it doesn't "sweeten" a thing, the sugars feed the microbes in the soil, to help make nutes more available to the plants, but you're using bottled nutes, which is a synthetic grow, so it won't have a lot of effect. You're also doubling and tripling up on the same nutes (NPK) which is a good way to fry your plants. I'm sure, however, the guy at the grow store loves you!! Proceed as you see fit.
I will add lots of microbial activity though recharge, raw enzymes, brut worm castings, microbes bloom etc, i believe i will have lots of needs for sugars and i am keeping everything very very low so that i can add as many different proprietary products that each one is backed by scientifical data and achieve a more biodiverse medium and get that organic flower still. lmk how would you and in what quantities change this feeding chart thanks!

Stokes

Stokes

Not trying to rain on your parade, but it is possible to have too much microbiology in soil. All the microbes have to be in healthy populations relative to each other, the best thing to do is to add a little something and let it balance itself. Just my opinion. Good luck with your grow 🤘

P

Phyto

I will add lots of microbial activity though recharge, raw enzymes, brut worm castings, microbes bloom etc, i believe i will have lots of needs for sugars and i am keeping everything very very low so that i can add as many different proprietary products that each one is backed by scientifical data and achieve a more biodiverse medium and get that organic flower still. lmk how would you and in what quantities change this feeding chart thanks!
What media are you growing in? Organic in coco is hard to achieve. Dude, you bought the entire grow store!!!! You've got 18 products for veg and 25 products for flower, that's insane!!! Truly, all you need is NPK and micronutrients. You've falllen victim to the marketing hype, if product A says it increases yield by 5% and product "B say it increases yield by 10% using both products will not likely increase your yield by 15%, (or terpenes, or THC, or XXXX). There's a point of diminishing return. Each product may be backed by scientific data individually, however, is there any data that looks at what happens when you add all the different concoctions together? Again, your grow, your call.

Newty

Newty

Are you growing in soil?

I don't have experience with the nutrients you're using but the ml/gallon for some of those nutes seems high to me.
I don't think I've ever fed over 2ml maybe 3ml per gallon of any kind of nute I've used.
I've never fed over 1ml/gal of CalMag, as an example.

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

Not trying to rain on your parade, but it is possible to have too much microbiology in soil. All the microbes have to be in healthy populations relative to each other, the best thing to do is to add a little something and let it balance itself. Just my opinion. Good luck with your grow 🤘
Hey thanks for the answer, i posted the quantities what would you change base on what you see? thanks again

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

What media are you growing in? Organic in coco is hard to achieve. Dude, you bought the entire grow store!!!! You've got 18 products for veg and 25 products for flower, that's insane!!! Truly, all you need is NPK and micronutrients. You've falllen victim to the marketing hype, if product A says it increases yield by 5% and product "B say it increases yield by 10% using both products will not likely increase your yield by 15%, (or terpenes, or THC, or XXXX). There's a point of diminishing return. Each product may be backed by scientific data individually, however, is there any data that looks at what happens when you add all the different concoctions together? Again, your grow, your call.
after some study i find these products may work synergically very well, again i am a beginner but if you watch the video linked on amaze cannabis you will find out the use a very similar feeding method. I just have to balance it one more time start of second week when i actually start feeding and find the perfect ec ppm amounts

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

soil update soon

Stokes

Stokes

Hey thanks for the answer, i posted the quantities what would you change base on what you see? thanks again

Honestly, id forget all about that bullshit. Would buy you a decent ph and ec pen, take your canna a/b and calmag, and focus on getting the house in order (environment). Get some full jars and then experiment. Im not gonna tell you that all that is useless, it has its place. But all that in the hands of a new grower who wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a magnesium deficiency or nitrogen deficiency is useless. You can grow bangers with those few items i mentioned, i promise you. At the end of the day influencers need to make new content to keep people watching, so they fix problems that dont exist. Companies stay in business by selling you more products.

And @Phyto is exactly right. Organic coco is difficult to do as a new grower. You have to get a handle on dryback or your microbes will die. Mr canuck makes it look easy, hes an experienced grower. But if you use coco as its intended you will beat his yields by simply following a chart and monitoring ec/ph and runoff

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Im speechless...
But lol, following! How the hell do you post a video that long here.. I cant post one over 90 seconds 😂

Last edited:
Newty

Newty

I grow in soil, Fox Farm.
I water with tap water that's filtered through a Zero Water filter.
Currently using General Hydroponics nutes at 1/2 the strength of the advertised feed chart.
I never test PH or anything.
I just mix nutes, water when needed, topping, training, little defoliation, and harvest.
My grows are trouble free unless it's a temporary temp or humidity issue.
I've been very fortunate with my grow journey and I think a big part of it is, I keep it simple.

I dig your passion, enthusiasm, and motivation!
Experiment, find out what works, and share your results!

M

MellowRello

Hello everyone!
First time grower here but very passionate and ambitious, Please Watch the full Video Linked below and let me know all your thoughts on my setup, I could use some help on the feeding schedule and would love to know if there are some sativa experts that could guide me through this phenohunt of this Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze. As you will see in the video I am a very confident first time grower and could use some feedbacks!

This is the plan:
2 days ago I soaked 55 super sour diesel seeds from reservoir seeds in some 0.75% hydrogen peroxide and spring water solution at 5.85ph. yesterday I soaked some organiplugs in a 0.5% hydrogen peroxide solution and have them sprout in the humidity dome. Today after 48h from the first soaking I turned the lights on and will keep a 22h schedule for the first 3 days or so, the meter is reading about 55-65 ppfd and I will increment tomorrow 80 and after tomorrow to 100. For the first week till they are in the rooters i will feed only 20ml/gal clonex for seedling and then start with the veg feeding schedules attached. After the plants have reached a few inches and have a clonable top I will top all 50 of them and after about a week till they root nicely in the organiplugs i will then transplant them in some small pots that i measured, 50 of them will fit perfectly in my other 2.3x2.3 spider farmer tent. and after 2-3 days still at 18/6 i will then flip to flower to sex the main ones in the 2.3x4.6. hopefully I get at least half females and from those i will select the best 18 and transplant them into 1 gal pots arranged in 3 rows of 6 to achieve a Sea of green, if you have any advice on how to find the best genetics already from the vegetative stage let me know, anyway i will select the 18 i like, take some cuttings and flip them to flower, scientifically 16 is a very fair number to find a pretty good pheno at least for a homegrow situation. then I will select the pheno i like the most and just keep running 2-3 plants per run of that one. I know its gonna be pretty crammed in there but i found it necessary to find a good pheno.
Now that you know what i am looking forward to please watch the video in full lenght and let me know all your opinions on any detail you might find i am forgetting, i have been very synthetic and it should be an enjoyable watch. I am really curious about the feeding charts and air circulation techniques you guys run. also contrary to what I say in the video after watching bruce bugbee video on far red, i figured I will only use it for about 30 minutes a day towards the end of the light cycle after the 3rd week of flowering to prevent overstretching since I m growing a tall sativa already and especially for this run space is limited.

Don t freak out on the number of plants because i ve seen it happen, although the plants will grew less colas its still possible to get good results to find the best genetic expression. I have seen guys on youtube grow 9 plants in a 2x2 or 50 plants in a 4x8 and one dude even grew 16 in a 2.3x2.3 so i am sure with care and attention to detail i can achieve it. Check out yt channel called 2x2 growing

Please also watch this fenomenal video produced by cannacribs at the Amaze cannabis facility. It's super entertaining to watch and It will give you the whole idea on how I am trying to approach this grow. Much respect for them

The feeding charts shows a pretty heavy amount of different nutrients i will update soon on ec and ppm levels. for the first 2 weeks of veg i think i should feed about 1.2 to 1.5ec at most and then reach 1.8 till flower flip when i will start feeding at around 2.4 ec. Something that scares me is that I have a lot of nutes like Recharge for example that you are supposed to add at the end of ph and ec feed solution measuring because they dont affect it but now i am wondering if all those compatible nutes will then raise the soil ec and when i go check the runoff i might find out its very high but its high of things that doesn t matter if they raise the ec and i will not be able to find out if i am having deficiencies or toxicities! (hope i am making sense here).

I would have a thousand questions right now but I ll have the thread unfold itself and I hope we all have fun discussing this crazy first time grower pheno hunt attempt. Ahahha sorry in advance to all the pros that have their hands on their head after reading this plan, i certainly know that i am making a step longer than my leg but thats me guys hope you understand that i am just very passionate and strive for excellence

This will be the official grow journal and I will post any updates under this thread, stay tuned for a grow worth checking in to!

If you would like more info about the companies recommended dosages i will picture the label and post it
View attachment 2170741View attachment 2170743

I tried to make this post here 2 days ago but it got deleted and I have been banned for spam, today for some reason i am unbanned so I am trying again, If there is an actual reason I was banned please mod contact me and lmk because i am clueless i thought that maybe its because i am posting also on another forum too but lmk so i can be compliant with things here. Thanks again
That feeding chart is insane. Lol Seriously that is just nuts. Way over the top.

M

MellowRello

Hello everyone!

This is the plan:

View attachment 2170741View attachment 2170743

Put the microryze in the soil when you build it, put it away. You're wasting it after that. If you put that much yucca, (you don't need any at all, its just breaks surface tension of water) it will make the top of your soil like cement and water won't penetrate. All that molasses will make your soil sticky and further complications of water penetration. Recharge is 95% molasses powder. Bud sweetener is just more sugar. This chart is literally insane, and I'm just pointing out a few things, I could go on. Just trying to help.

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

Put the microryze in the soil when you build it, put it away. You're wasting it after that. If you put that much yucca, (you don't need any at all, its just breaks surface tension of water) it will make the top of your soil like cement and water won't penetrate. All that molasses will make your soil sticky and further complications of water penetration. Recharge is 95% molasses powder. Bud sweetener is just more sugar. This chart is literally insane, and I'm just pointing out a few things, I could go on. Just trying to help.
And its highly appreciated brother, would you please post your recommended feeding chart based on the products i have thanks alot!

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

Ok guys first seedling update and I guess its not a bad time to start the plants day count.
we got an about 90% sprout rate and I am very happy about it! All seedlings looks pretty good! I just took the dome off and the fans can now strenghten the seedlings, First day of light has been about 60 ppfd, 2 day i bumped to 80, since a couple started getting leggy today which is the start of the 3rd day from seed i raised ppfd to 130-145 and i believe that is plenty for a 3rd day seedlings. I pretty much believe this ppfd and fans will reduce any legging up pretty good. I also dropped humidity down lower a bit its now about 68-72% Let me know if you would change anything about the environment
and please if you have any tips on how to save those struggling seeds i am all ears thanks a lot!

Top Bottom