• Start date
  • Tagged users None
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I said I would do a equipment list so here you go:

LIGHTS:
Aglex COB “2000w” LED

TENT: 4x4 vivosun

MEDIUM: Fox Farm ocean forest with perlite.

CHEMS: Great white mycorrhizae need more brand suggestions for chems.

INLINE FAN: Looking at ac infinity products but open to suggestions.

(Just what I’ve gotten so far)

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON ANYTHING 💚

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Vivosun tents are not that great imo. I have two but they were the only ones with 72 inch roofs I could find. I think Mars hydro tents are better from what I hear. Ac infinity fans are awesome they make good looking tents also. Get a 6 inch fan at least then you don’t have to run it wide open and it will last longer. I’m running two 4x4 tents with one 6

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I hear so many people complain about this tent or that tent because it had one tiny little needle hole where light could come through.
This is ridiculous. Marijuana grows OUTSIDE in MOONLIGHT all the time with no ill effects. If it's darker than moonlight in your tent, then it works.
Your plants will NOT hermie if light touches them at night. *smh*

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

I said I would do a equipment list so here you go:

LIGHTS:
Aglex COB “2000w” LED

TENT: 4x4 vivosun

MEDIUM: Fox Farm ocean forest with perlite.

CHEMS: Great white mycorrhizae need more brand suggestions for chems.

INLINE FAN: Looking at ac infinity products but open to suggestions.

(Just what I’ve gotten so far)

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON ANYTHING 💚
These tents will work, just be careful when zipping it or unzipping it. If you have light leaks you can just get some gorilla duct tape and put over the area that is leaking. I never let light into the tent period. Also be careful if you take it down and try moving it, they rip easy once they have been setup and you try to move them.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Light stress is the number on cause of hemies also causes reveg but it’s also dependent on the stability of the genetics. I’m not willing to take a chance especially with fem seeds. Have you ever seen a plant reveg from a street light? I have. And I was really complaining about the crap ass zippers with no over lap and half ass sewing job on the seems. Vivosun stuff is all cheap.
I hare so many people complain about this tent or that tent because it had one tiny little needle hole where light could come through.
This is ridiculous. Marijuana grows OUTSIDE in MOONLIGHT all the time with no ill effects. If it's darker than moonlight in your tent, then it works.

Anthem

Anthem

Light stress is the number on cause of hemies also causes reveg but it’s also dependent on the stability of the genetics. I’m not willing to take a chance especially with fem seeds. Have you ever seen a plant reveg from a street light? I have. And I was really complaining about the crap ass zippers with no over lap and half ass sewing job on the seems. Vivosun stuff is all cheap.
You are correct, I was just trying to be nice. If you want a quality tent look at Gorilla grow tents.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Lol I wasn’t trying to be mean lol I just bitch at my tents like 3 times a day when the zipper gets stuck sorry for my rant guys ima go burn one

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A streetlight is so much closer than the moon that the light from it is more intense. I've been thru this so many times. I had a guy swear that ANY light would hermie every plant he had.
If that's what he thinks, oh well. But the truth is plants don't hermie from light, it's the genetics that make them susceptible.

Going back into veg is the biggest worry, and any decent tent will handle that.
Like was said above, the zippers and cover flaps are the parts you really want to see quality.

Anthem

Anthem

A streetlight is so much closer than the moon that the light from it is more intense. I've been thru this so many times. I had a guy swear that ANY light would hermie every plant he had.
If that's what he thinks, oh well. But the truth is plants don't hermie from light, it's the genetics that make them susceptible.

Going back into veg is the biggest worry, and any decent tent will handle that.
Like was said above, the zippers and cover flaps are the parts you really want to see quality.
And just how many grows have you completed with Cannabis?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

What causes hermies? Stress? You do you. I’ll not be light stressing my plants anytime soon. My girls get a solid 12 every night. They need that beauty sleep.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Vivosun tents are not that great imo. I have two but they were the only ones with 72 inch roofs I could find. I think Mars hydro tents are better from what I hear. Ac infinity fans are awesome they make good looking tents also. Get a 6 inch fan at least then you don’t have to run it wide open and it will last longer. I’m running two 4x4 tents with one 6
Ac infinity tents are so smooth looking .. but what your saying is with 2 tents you only need 1 inline 🤔

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I hear so many people complain about this tent or that tent because it had one tiny little needle hole where light could come through.
IN MOONLIGHT 😂😂😂

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I’m lost .. what is a hemies and I thought you could only reveg after you chop 😧

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A hermaphrodite is a plant that develops both sexes. It's caused by poor genetics. It can be triggered by light during dark periods, but it is the genetics that cause it.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I should also probably say also money isn’t really a issue.. would just hate to over pay for something I can get for cheaper😂

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

It’s supposed to say hermies lol sorry for thread jacking I’m not going into all that again but on the fan note. Yes I have one 6 inch inline fan outside the tents pulling air out of both tents through a y and pushing air through the carbon filter. Helps with space in the tents also

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

It’s supposed to say hermies lol sorry for thread jacking I’m not going into all that again but on the fan note. Yes I have one 6 inch inline fan outside the tents pulling air out of both tents through a y and pushing air through the carbon filter.
No please all the information helps .. I’ve done some research on them before and I’ve heard that it does have a lot to do with genetics but I’ve never heard about light doing it too .. but on the fan subject I was planning on a 6 in installed in the tent.. Anybody think I’d be better off installing it outside the tent 🤔

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

No please all the information helps .. I’ve done some research on them before and I’ve heard that it does have a lot to do with genetics but I’ve never heard about light doing it too .. but on the fan subject I was planning on a 6 in installed in the tent.. Anybody think I’d be better off installing it outside the tent 🤔
It really depends on your personal needs. I’m in a basement with a 72 inch ceiling and I have two tents so outside is a must. It’s all about what works for you in your situation.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

It really depends on your personal needs. I’m in a basement with a 72 inch ceiling and I have two tents so outside is a must. It’s all about what works for you in your situation.
Ohh Okok.. must be pretty easy dealing with RH in a basement

Top Bottom