Eriophyid Mites or "Hemp Russet Mites" in Colorado

• Thread starter DeezNugzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dorje

Dorje

(sigh) do we really have to battle this out and waste everyone's time, Dorje? I guess you force me into it since you're trying to make a bad name for the peeps I work with...if it was just me, I wouldn't really care. So here goes: It's childish to think you can 100% eradicate all forms of bugs in a large warehouse, using purely organic methods. One can ALMOST eradicate bugs (we have no spider mites, for instance), but you have to continuously treat with preventatives. If you stop, the bugs will always return. You used Avid and Eagle 20 REGULARLY, which I don't feel comfortable with, especially when you're trying to pass your meds off as organic. Maybe there's a time for pulling out those big guns if you have a crazy infestation...but I've NEVER had a crazy infestation at the warehouse. I use wettable sulfur not JUST to kill russet mites, but as a preventative aid to keep the garden free of fungi (so there would never be a need for Eagle 20, or other harmful fungicides). Occasionally, I'll find russet mite damage on clones. But the ladies in flower get their sulfur treatments, and they get scoped weekly, and I've not seen any live russet mites on a flowering plant since I figured out what russet mites were.

Second, we're NOT using your system. When you left, I went to my own system, which has worked awesome. The warehouse bears very little resemblance to how you last saw it. Geeze, I don't even use any of the same nutrients that you did. So please, get over it. Your arrogance was exhausting when I worked with you, and it's exhausting now. I'm not saying you're a terrible grower, but you seeded a whole room, were difficult to work with, and misrepresented your experience level...and a whole lot of other things I don't want to publicly drag you through the mud for (unless you keep antagonizing me). So leave it be, Dorje, you supposedly Buddhist ass.

You and MikeB can take credit for the pollen that was released by the hermie cheese plants I DIDN'T WANT TO GROW. But Mike insisted and you wanted them there too.

Publicly drag me through the mud? Good luck doing that here. You should know I posted the entire build and grow here on this site. I have photographic evidence of the work I did, everyone here has seen it. No one is going to believe your BS. You are a backstabber and one of the most despicable people I've ever met, you disgust me and should be ashamed of yourselves... all of you.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Dorje I think you are the one fanning the flames with strickly. I have read everything and strickly has not crossed the line. Seriously guy give it up and go on with your own farm life. Life is too short.

You both need to put each other on ignore. This is the second or 3rd time I had a reported item from you two. Please stop now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IIRC, Eriophyid mites can be passed on through seed.
Mighty wash is...stabilized frequency water? Even several informed grow shops didn't really know what it was, or how it worked...just that it does, in fact work. The website just says it's a "proprietary formula," and doesn't disclose ingredients. Does anyone know more about this?
I've been asking about this for MONTHS. I don't buy "frequency water", it's a load of horseshit that bases its pseudo-scientific claims on water 'memory'. If water has such a great memory, then it should remember when it wasn't even planetary water, it should remember when it was a comet. THEN it'll REALLY be traumatized!

Because the company doesn't say what's in their product, I won't even consider using it.

Dorje

Dorje

Dorje I think you are the one fanning the flames with strickly.

This started out with her accusing me of giving her russet mites. An uncalled for provocation and a lie...

But I agree, this isn't the place to argue about it, and certainly isn't the place to "drag people through the mud". I will not reply to any of SO posts unless she addresses me again. I hope this never happens.

StrictlyOrganic

StrictlyOrganic

Banned
IIRC, Eriophyid mites can be passed on through seed.

I've been asking about this for MONTHS. I don't buy "frequency water", it's a load of horseshit that bases its pseudo-scientific claims on water 'memory'. If water has such a great memory, then it should remember when it wasn't even planetary water, it should remember when it was a comet. THEN it'll REALLY be traumatized!

Because the company doesn't say what's in their product, I won't even consider using it.
Comet water, I love it!!! I'm planning on contacting the company directly to ask specifically about their ingredients (since I have friends giving such glowing reviews), and will post what, if anything, I find.

P

PoopyCoopy

Integrated Pest Management? LOL, I know the term. What's your preferred method?

It really depends on your problems. But the first goal would be to setup two proper growing spaces. Or 3. But the goal would be if you have bugs to never let them in your flowering room.

I like a more organic approach when I have issues. Just washing and vacuuming my plants. I will then use a miticide in rotation if its an issue. If you swtich up between a mix of azadactrin, pyrthenians and even rosemary oil they will not bred supermites. Forbid will knock em all dead but you need to grow your plants out for a bit before you flower them.

I try not to take clones unless I know they are clean or its something I am specifically looking for, most bug issues I have indoors of any sorts are from taking a plant from outside my garden and bringing it in the house.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use Physan 20 for sanitation and sterilization. Does anyone know if these mites are affected by quaternary ammonium compounds like Physan 20? Hold on... lemme read mah label. Ok, nothing on the label, but lookie what Google Scholar found me!

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v212/n5062/abs/212643b0.html

Here's the list of scholarly articles for my search, using terms "quaternary ammonium effect eriophyid mites."

If those of you who are dealing with these aren't including quaternary ammonium compounds into your IPM strategy, you may want to consider using it.

P

PoopyCoopy

the oil will leave a residue on the leaf.

Its prob dyed pink so they can get $40 a gallon.

A common spray for IPM is a mix of water, oil and peppermint castile soap. It won't kill all your bugs but when used correctly will keep the population in check.

eyecandi

eyecandi

depending on the space, would O3 (ozone) work? (I don't have em, but trying to think outside the chemical box)

P

PoopyCoopy

some people claim you can fog them out with co2. ozone might damage your plants too but it should work in the same theory.

I've wondered about those uv lights they have in kitchens for bugs...

Dorje

Dorje

depending on the space, would O3 (ozone) work? (I don't have em, but trying to think outside the chemical box)

That's a good idea, I've been in rooms that had a lot of ozone in them and it didn't hurt the plants... they have a much higher tolerance than we do, but at some point it'll def burn them. Co2 might work, but you need to be careful not to kill yourself in the process too...

Latest posts

Top Bottom