Essential Oxygen 3% Hydrogen Peroxide

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenLion

GreenLion

Hey bro.. no sweat ur doing good.. personally I hate to root trim. But to each there own. H202 is ok in a res. It really just dissipates with in 24 hours. Get some hydroguard or something like that. It will benefit u. As long as your air pump is moving air.

S

Shawnery

I meant the bottom of your buckets.
You asked if you needed to change out the buckets...

I can tell you, the liquid looks Crystal clear and there is no smell at all. The only solids are a small amount of hydroton runoff at the bottom of plant pots.

The ph has finally leveled off after a few weeks.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I can tell you, the liquid looks Crystal clear and there is no smell at all. The only solids are a small amount of hydroton runoff at the bottom of plant pots.

The ph has finally leveled off after a few weeks.
that is not what I mean..
I meant are the buckets connected at the bottom as in Rdwc?
Are are they all just single dwc buckets?

S

Shawnery

that is not what I mean..
I meant are the buckets connected at the bottom as in Rdwc?
Are are they all just single dwc buckets?

Six separate pots connected at the bottom to one reservoir. 12 dripers connected to one pump. 2 dripers per pot going in the hydroton under the rockwool so I don't water log it.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Six separate pots connected at the bottom to one reservoir. 12 dripers connected to one pump. 2 dripers per pot going in the hydroton under the rockwool so I don't water log it.
have you checked ph of each bucket?
im thinkin itd just a gravity based reservoir..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not daily but yes and they're all the same. The pump is in the res and pulls water from the entire system. At least that's the idea, I think?!
ya thats what im asking..
I say in veg you can go 2 weeks to 3 weeks with out a change out.. In flower i would try to change it every 10 days to 2 weeks...
depends kind of on if your just using gh base nutes or
base nutes along with other supplements..
The more diff shit you use, the sooner the change out needed
IMO

S

Shawnery

ya thats what im asking..
I say in veg you can go 2 weeks to 3 weeks with out a change out.. In flower i would try to change it every 10 days to 2 weeks...
depends kind of on if your just using gh base nutes or
base nutes along with other supplements..
The more diff shit you use, the sooner the change out needed
IMO

Base nutes and hydroguard.

I was hoping that the h202 would do any cleaning needed instead of change out.

I've found a few online thst have tried it with great success but who knows on the net.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've found a few online thst have tried it with great success but who knows on the net.
Oh no wonder shit is going kind of screwy..
U put hydrogaurd in there(beenies,
then you add the h202,
and its sterile,
your just killing your hydrogaurd,,,
with the h202
which sets up a breeding grown for harmful bacteria...

U need to choose one or the other..
Hydrogaurd is what I use...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

and no your gonna still have to do chang outs vut since you are just using base nutes, then you could prob stretch a month in veg, and 3 change outs in flower...

S

Shawnery

3 part.

Not sure what you mean by it being screwy? The only time I had issues were with the root shock.

My plants have done nothing but sprout since the h202. I get your point on the hydroguard. I use the h202 to clean out the salt build up and algea. As you said the hydroguard should be good to go after 24 hours or no?

I couldn't find anything about hydroguard cleaning out salt so that was what I used the h202 for partly.

S

Shawnery

Why are clean outs needed if using h202 on a weekly basis cleans out any unwanted.

S

Shawnery

I found this on a hydroponics site and others like it.

Adding Hydrogen peroxide into your Hydroponic nutrient solution not only adds extra oxygen into the water and kills off harmful bacteria but it also will help to grow bigger healthier Hydroponic plants with thicker, healthier leaves and branches. Hydrogen peroxide also increases a Hydroponic plant's ability to uptake more of the nutrients from the solution as well.

Top Bottom