Ethiopian Bagseed + Mutant

• Thread starter CannaGas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks! As for my location I’m right at the equator. In Ethiopia. Generally the climate has only two seasons, summer and winter. There’s no fall or spring a since I’m really close to the equator. The weather should get back to clear and sunny days within a few months so I will plan out my next grow to flower around then. And due to the immense stretching I think I’ll veg my plants under the artificial lights and flower them outside when the time comes. So far I’m really happy with I’ve got. Obviously I didn’t expect to get pounds from the plants but I’ve learned a lot so far and I’m sure my next crops will improve exponentially.
I grow a lot of Sativa's, some of which are from around your area. Sativa can act a little strange compared to Indica's, as they take a long time to flower. They often come from equatorial areas with high humidity and heat levels. Since they don't get a lot of variety from changing photoperiods, they are tricky when growing indoors and outdoors. I would, like you said, veg them indoors under strong lights. If you can get a re-vegged cutting, your plant will be very bushy compared to a seed started plant, but they are all about the same size in the end, just different shapes. By starting indoors, you can grow them more compact and when you move them outdoors, especially if you have given them 18/6 or more of light, they will start to flower almost immediately due to the shorter daylight period that is typical of equatorial areas. I remember an earlier post of yours from months bac when you remarked about the lousy choice of smoke in your area, which is ironic. It is similar to when I went to the Virgin Islands in the Caribbean and showed the Rastas how to grow smoke. The folks who you would think had the process worked out perfectly actually had a very poor idea on how to grow... basically throw seeds into dirt, hope they grow, and cut them all down, males, seeds, and all. Drying and curing was throwing the uprooted plant into a tree branch for a month, letting the sun bleach out the chlorophyll and getting soaked when it rained. The finished product was terrible! They had never seen big green nuggets before, and the taste was totally surprising to them as they usually mixed their stuff with tobacco.
Keep up the good work and keep in touch if you need any help.

CannaGas

CannaGas

I grow a lot of Sativa's, some of which are from around your area. Sativa can act a little strange compared to Indica's, as they take a long time to flower. They often come from equatorial areas with high humidity and heat levels. Since they don't get a lot of variety from changing photoperiods, they are tricky when growing indoors and outdoors. I would, like you said, veg them indoors under strong lights. If you can get a re-vegged cutting, your plant will be very bushy compared to a seed started plant, but they are all about the same size in the end, just different shapes. By starting indoors, you can grow them more compact and when you move them outdoors, especially if you have given them 18/6 or more of light, they will start to flower almost immediately due to the shorter daylight period that is typical of equatorial areas. I remember an earlier post of yours from months bac when you remarked about the lousy choice of smoke in your area, which is ironic. It is similar to when I went to the Virgin Islands in the Caribbean and showed the Rastas how to grow smoke. The folks who you would think had the process worked out perfectly actually had a very poor idea on how to grow... basically throw seeds into dirt, hope they grow, and cut them all down, males, seeds, and all. Drying and curing was throwing the uprooted plant into a tree branch for a month, letting the sun bleach out the chlorophyll and getting soaked when it rained. The finished product was terrible! They had never seen big green nuggets before, and the taste was totally surprising to them as they usually mixed their stuff with tobacco.
Keep up the good work and keep in touch if you need any help.
It’s grown similarly here too. Worst part is what people do to the nugs after harvest. I’ve heard weed being soaked in alcohol for a month before being sold. No idea why but it makes dry and nasty buds. As for getting a cutting, I don’t know anybody else who grows aside from the largest Rasta community which is 250 km away lol. I’m planning on using cuttings from my own plants while also starting from seed so I can continuously be getting bud. But thanks for all the feedback so far. I appreciate it :)

Top Bottom