• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I wouldn’t either. Any breeder who has that many strains doesn’t give a shit.
Most ofthe etho strains I’ve grown best characteristics are it’s looks. Big pretty shiny buds that I never reach to smoke.
As beautiful as the manderine cookies are I just don’t want to smoke it. But it will do 3 lb.s a 4x4 tray so I keep it around because buyers only care about looks these days.

Well said. Sad but true. My forbidden zkittlez is a gorgeous looking strain, but the smell and flavour are just so... meh. I'll smoke pretty much anything else first. Think Its all going in the hash bag.

sshz

sshz

Day 35 in flowering tomorrow, a write up tonight and pic's up tomorrow morning. Everything is moving along well, a relatively easy grow comparing to many other grows. Interesting is the "sweetness" in the room smell wise, it reminds me of the Sweet Seeds "Green Poison" I did for a couple of years while I was a tester for them. G.P. sweetness came from it's skunk heritage, and I was sure this Cookies had some skunk in it too. Seedfinder.eu shows Skunk #1 in it's Mandarin Sunset parent- I just knew it was there somewhere. I've tried to run this one on the lower end of the nutrients, never going above 850 ppm and many waterings around 750 ppm or a bit higher. I've also watered a few times with plain water adding 5ml of Cal/Mag to it, since my R.O device strips it all out. I also have not been able to find any true variation within the plants- if you remember, I thought I may have mixed up some freebies from Ethos, also a Cookie hybrid, but I'm guessing that just may not be the case now. I think I'll know for sure when everything is nearly done. So, no bug issues, no deficiency issues and since the plants stayed short off the topping, no heat issues. I love these winter time grows.

Today is also a very sad day for me......a very close friend, for over 40 years, passed away at 57 years old. A long time stoner, he was in an off-road 3 wheel vehicle accident and was paralyzed from the neck down many years ago. With 2 young kids in a new marriage at 23 years old, his wife immediately left him as she didn't want to live her life taking care of him. So although he was able to keep a positive attitude mostly, he fought health issues for the whole time- especially pnemonia and urinary track infections on and off. Being from the Philly/S. Jersey area, he loved Philly sports and especially the Eagles. I've lost 3 of my oldest and closest friends in the last 1+ years, not many truely close ones left now...........RIP Troy.

So, with that- pic's up in the morning.

sshz

sshz

Here you go.............

IMG 1127

Dbear180

Dbear180

Smoke one for the homies! I still dedicate bong loads to my long lost friends! It sucks to deal with but you know they wouldn't want you to be all sad about it for very long either. I mourn all my lost friends, but I know they'd rather be celebrated for the awesome people they were instead 👍

sshz

sshz

What’s shocking is I’ve lost 3 of my best friends in a matter of less then 2 years. And all of them were younger then me, some by 15 years. All passed with different ailments. They say as you get older, and I’m way older then most of you- you have fewer and fewer friends. And I guess that’s true.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sorry for your loss man. Life is hard, and if we are lucky enough to grow old ourselves, we get reminded of that more often the older we get.
I try to take some comfort in the fact that it's inevitable for all of us to check out someday, and try to truely enjoy time spent on this earth while I can.

My Father has lost all of his friends from both childhood and adulthood. Every single one of them. The last was the best man at his wedding, a close friend of over 50 years that died just last year.. His feelings of aloneness and fear for his own mortality is palpable.

sshz

sshz

Hey Dirtbag and anyone else interested........I did some research on Dragons Flame and contacted them, after going thru their website. They are looking for people to test some of their newest things, you can find info on the site. I sent Jeff a link to many of my grows, and I assume he's interested as I'm going to test something unreleased from them- 3 Times OG X Dragon Stash. They don't sell (or test") fem's, which means extra work for me- but I'm excited to get some of these beans. My plan is to grow them out, and save the females as mothers to use for clones to fill a room I have. I don't know how many they send, I'm assuming around 5. He had a running thread on RIU thru 2017, then stopped posting until recently. Some of their strains look really good, and if you contact them- Jeff can tell you what the heavy yielders are, or whatever detailed info you need. Prices seem very reasonable by todays standards. If they did fem's, I would have been all over these guys.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey Dirtbag and anyone else interested........I did some research on Dragons Flame and contacted them, after going thru their website. They are looking for people to test some of their newest things, you can find info on the site. I sent Jeff a link to many of my grows, and I assume he's interested as I'm going to test something unreleased from them- 3 Times OG X Dragon Stash. They don't sell (or test") fem's, which means extra work for me- but I'm excited to get some of these beans. My plan is to grow them out, and save the females as mothers to use for clones to fill a room I have. I don't know how many they send, I'm assuming around 5. He had a running thread on RIU thru 2017, then stopped posting until recently. Some of their strains look really good, and if you contact them- Jeff can tell you what the heavy yielders are, or whatever detailed info you need. Prices seem very reasonable by todays standards. If they did fem's, I would have been all over these guys.
That's awesome, I'll contact him for sure. And I respect the fact that he doesnt do fems. I understand the allure of feminized seed, but I've always been more drawn to the natural and more consistently stable ways of breeding. I also really like that he takes his parent stock out so far. Dude really puts in the time generationally on these plants from what I've heard.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
That's awesome, I'll contact him for sure. And I respect the fact that he doesnt do fems. I understand the allure of feminized seed, but I've always been more drawn to the natural and more consistently stable ways of breeding. I also really like that he takes his parent stock out so far. Dude really puts in the time generationally on these plants from what I've heard.
We are on the same page!

sshz

sshz

Some comments tonight, at day 37 flowering...........

1. They have been slower growers so far but finally I'm seeing some bulk to them. Ethos claims they are "fast finishers", I'm hoping they continue to fill out late into flowering.
2. I have very little sense of smell, due to a chronic sinus infection going on over 3 years. It sucks believe me, but my point is these plants are cutting through the issue. As I've said, it's very, very sweet at this point. I'm not sure if this is a common component of Cookie strains, but my mouth waters when I'm in there. Actually, the house is probably a 6/10 on the smell scale and there's a long way to go.
3. Some variation height wise, probably caused by my topping and fimming a week before flowering. I think it was a mistake touching them, if you do this- just let them be to do their own thing.
4. I did a thorough search yesterday thru the room, looking for any male banana's and nothing was found. I'm thinking the strain is stable at this point. Mandarin Cookies is supposedly stable, which is one of the parents so that's a good sign.

I'm guessing it's not the yielder I was expecting,, but I've been surprised before.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Some comments tonight, at day 37 flowering...........

1. They have been slower growers so far but finally I'm seeing some bulk to them. Ethos claims they are "fast finishers", I'm hoping they continue to fill out late into flowering.
2. I have very little sense of smell, due to a chronic sinus infection going on over 3 years. It sucks believe me, but my point is these plants are cutting through the issue. As I've said, it's very, very sweet at this point. I'm not sure if this is a common component of Cookie strains, but my mouth waters when I'm in there. Actually, the house is probably a 6/10 on the smell scale and there's a long way to go.
3. Some variation height wise, probably caused by my topping and fimming a week before flowering. I think it was a mistake touching them, if you do this- just let them be to do their own thing.
4. I did a thorough search yesterday thru the room, looking for any male banana's and nothing was found. I'm thinking the strain is stable at this point. Mandarin Cookies is supposedly stable, which is one of the parents so that's a good sign.

I'm guessing it's not the yielder I was expecting,, but I've been surprised before.
I would check at least daily..Those suckers can sprout fast!

sshz

sshz

Most of Ethos's stuff, if it's going to hermie, shows between weeks 3 and 4 and then towards the very end if you go long with them. Those that do will show early along the main stem normally so you really have to get down and dirty to find them.

sshz

sshz

I figured someone else was growing the tester beans in Hawaii and had the seed stock.......but who knows.

sshz

sshz

So I found a bit of leaf damage on a plant in the middle right of the room so I'm up early to prepare for pulling some plants out of the room to get to her, and most likely I'll just clean her up and move her to another room for the last few weeks in isolation to finish her up. I'm thinking it's very early mite damage and didn't want to take any chances so I'll clean up the room some, water, re-arrange and do a thorough inspection. I'm figuring if it was summer time with much warmer conditions, the room would be far worse off. But with night cold and the room in the 50's-60' at night I think, it slowed mite activity to a crawl.
Lights go on at 11AM so I'll have about an hour or more of work to straighten everything out.....great start to my Sunday.

Dbear180

Dbear180

So I found a bit of leaf damage on a plant in the middle right of the room so I'm up early to prepare for pulling some plants out of the room to get to her, and most likely I'll just clean her up and move her to another room for the last few weeks in isolation to finish her up. I'm thinking it's very early mite damage and didn't want to take any chances so I'll clean up the room some, water, re-arrange and do a thorough inspection. I'm figuring if it was summer time with much warmer conditions, the room would be far worse off. But with night cold and the room in the 50's-60' at night I think, it slowed mite activity to a crawl.
Lights go on at 11AM so I'll have about an hour or more of work to straighten everything out.....great start to my Sunday.

At least you caught it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom