Ethos "Cookies" - a limited edition release

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Funny I couldn’t see it from a standing position looking in. Yet in the overhead pic yesterday I could plainly see it. I don’t want to spray this late in flowering, so I’ll just pick leafs off and isolate her.

sshz

sshz

Well, it took me 2 hours and 5 minutes to pull the room apart, go over each plant, pick off leaves, clean them up, stake where necessary, water and then clean the room and lights before rearranging everything. Always happy when it’s done, it sucks while doing it, especially when I’m on all types of meds i.e. Prednisone, antibiotics, Nasal sprays, etc. that tire me out more. But the room looks great and I’ll put a pic up in a day after the leaves adjust towards the lights again. Still not sure if it’s a very minor mite issue or some sort of deficiency. I thought I saw some very small eggs last night, couldn’t find them today. Lol This tues. will be 6 weeks finished, figuring 3-4 more weeks to go at most. Oh, by the way, didn’t need the second room for any of the plants since they all cleaned up so nicely. I also did not spray anything on the plants or do anything else other than pick off leaves that weren’t healthy and green.

Next up room #1 will be Archive Seeds “Light Speed” with more on that later. Then in the 2nd room, I’ll start the testers from Dragons Flame, which are reg’s, and depending how many he sends, I’ll decide whether to turn them into mothers for cloning or just grow them out as is.

sshz

sshz

No way it's a 4 pound room, may not even be 3 lbs. Not the 1st time Ethos overstated yield on a strain, this may be the worst yet. A few plants were heavy yielders, most were not.........pic's can be deceiving, but after so many years of doing this, it's rare I'm way off. 3 lbs. max, very disappointing. Only way I see this changing is the buds become rock solid hard. I'll have to consider letting this go longer to beef up weight a bit.

Dbear180

Dbear180

No way it's a 4 pound room, may not even be 3 lbs. Not the 1st time Ethos overstated yield on a strain, this may be the worst yet. A few plants were heavy yielders, most were not.........pic's can be deceiving, but after so many years of doing this, it's rare I'm way off. 3 lbs. max, very disappointing. Only way I see this changing is the buds become rock solid hard. I'll have to consider letting this go longer to beef up weight a bit.

My last ethos run was 10 weeks. 4.5# of good buds from three se 600s. Most I've ever done in that spot.

sshz

sshz

I've pulled over 4 1/2 lbs. in the room with some of Ethos's stuff............. buds on this just aren't large enough to get there I'm guessing. Much of it also has to do with veg period, and I typically switch light at 4 weeks. The plan with the Archive Seeds strain is to start them in small pots 2 weeks before I'm ready, so they'll get a 6 week veg- it's a med to high yielding strain, I'm not going to take any chances.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I've pulled over 4 1/2 lbs. in the room with some of Ethos's stuff............. buds on this just aren't large enough to get there I'm guessing. Much of it also has to do with veg period, and I typically switch light at 4 weeks. The plan with the Archive Seeds strain is to start them in small pots 2 weeks before I'm ready, so they'll get a 6 week veg- it's a med to high yielding strain, I'm not going to take any chances.

I usually err to veg longer side. Can always cut em back in a day or two if they get too bushy 👍 faster than waiting for them to fill in for another week or two if something goes wrong.

sshz

sshz

Since I'm in it for profit, I always err to veg shorter............LOL

Also depends on whether is leans indica or sativa. Time will tell, I tend to panic for no reason sometimes.

Dragons Flames shows delivery on Tues., I'll post a pic when they arrive.

sshz

sshz

Another pano pic from this morning.........I was able to pull 1 green trash bag full of shit out of the room yesterday and it surely open up things a bit. It's time to cut back the N again and I'll start fertilizing with PBP 1-4-5 til weel 8 or so since they are a bit too green for me right now. So, better air circulation, easier to water, with the tallest plants to the back and shortest front and center.

Dragons Flame stuff here tomorrow.........

IMG 1136

Dbear180

Dbear180

Have you noticed an impact on yield if you dont pack em in as tight?

sshz

sshz

I've done it both ways...........spreading out lets the light penetrate further down so the bottom buds get more down BUT there are less plants so it kind of evens out in the end. It's really strain specific though, some plants do better one way or the other.
The only thing I know for sure is when you pack them tight, they tend to grow taller because they fight for light so they reach higher. I used to do massive grows in an industrial park, a normal crop would be around 850 plants- where I did it both ways at the same time as a comparison. These days, although I have 3 rooms set up to grow in, I'm down to using one (right now) because it produces enough 4X a year approx. to produce a nice living with limited work. My gummie business is doubling every 2 months or so too. I'll probably open up another one shortly though as business has been brisk with some old friends coming back into the fold. It's funny, a large majority of my business is from legal states where they have numerous options.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I've done it both ways...........spreading out lets the light penetrate further down so the bottom buds get more down BUT there are less plants so it kind of evens out in the end. It's really strain specific though, some plants do better one way or the other.
The only thing I know for sure is when you pack them tight, they tend to grow taller because they fight for light so they reach higher. I used to do massive grows in an industrial park, a normal crop would be around 850 plants- where I did it both ways at the same time as a comparison. These days, although I have 3 rooms set up to grow in, I'm down to using one (right now) because it produces enough 4X a year approx. to produce a nice living with limited work. My gummie business is doubling every 2 months or so too. I'll probably open up another one shortly though as business has been brisk with some old friends coming back into the fold. It's funny, a large majority of my business is from legal states where they have numerous options.

Nice, I kinda did the same test but I wasnt set on my results, def had to use more nutes in the packed room just due to the fact I had more in there but other than that I didn't notice much of a difference either.

That's cool, good job! I just recently looked into gummies & a few other edibles as well. Used to be nothing but rice krispies for me but that's getting kinda old. I'm in Ca & I haven't bought any edibles that hit like the ones I make @ home.

sshz

sshz

I’ve posted numerous pics of my gummies, but I think they are all on RIU......when I come across one, I’ll post it. I make mine with coconut oil with a few oz double boiled mixed in for for around 4 hours. Then use the oil in the jello/gelatin mix- took me a few tries to get it right but I’m an expert now lol. Most everyone takes 1/4 to a half with only the hardcore people taking a whole to literally pass out.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I’ve posted numerous pics of my gummies, but I think they are all on RIU......when I come across one, I’ll post it. I make mine with coconut oil with a few oz double boiled mixed in for for around 4 hours. Then use the oil in the jello/gelatin mix- took me a few tries to get it right but I’m an expert now lol. Most everyone takes 1/4 to a half with only the hardcore people taking a whole to literally pass out.

Hell yeah that's what I like to hear! I've recently subscribed to a really cool Canadian lady's channel on the youtube called "diamond delight edibles" she has totally opened my eyes up to the possibilities. Makes all kinds of dif stuff. Check her out you might get a good idea 👍

sshz

sshz

Well, I'm bummed. My Dragon's Flame stuff came today, below is a picture of them. I had NUMEROUs discussions with Jeff about what I'd be willing to grow out and his "3 Times OG X Dragon's Stash" was what we decided I'd do...........so the seeds arrived, and it they were 2 packs of something completely different. I've emailed him but WTF???? I'm surely not growing out something I know nothing about and didn't ask for.......makes you wonder about this guy???? I'll report back if/when he replys..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Well, I'm bummed. My Dragon's Flame stuff came today, below is a picture of them. I had NUMEROUs discussions with Jeff about what I'd be willing to grow out and his "3 Times OG X Dragon's Stash" was what we decided I'd do...........so the seeds arrived, and it they were 2 packs of something completely different. I've emailed him but WTF???? I'm surely not growing out something I know nothing about and didn't ask for.......makes you wonder about this guy???? I'll report back if/when he replys..

View attachment 939643
That's odd...I haven't bought his beans in a long time, but the ones I got (freebies too) all were nicely packaged and seemed legit.

After Dragon's Brew, and White Dragon cookies..I will not be dropping any more of his beanz. The results were just not to my liking..but they grew very well and purdy too.

Hope you get an answer.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Someone say Gummies..Just finished a few!
ROSIN gummies too😍

View attachment 939624
I've never tried an edible. If I'm going to do it I wanna smell and taste the sweet smoke n bud! Here in IL the dispensary is so packed you actually have to be shuttled in because of residents bitching . Cars lined up for blocks. Crazy. Will be a while b4 I go to check it out. Lol

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I've never tried an edible. If I'm going to do it I wanna smell and taste the sweet smoke n bud! Here in IL the dispensary is so packed you actually have to be shuttled in because of residents bitching . Cars lined up for blocks. Crazy. Will be a while b4 I go to check it out. Lol

Edibles a very easy to make yourself..And better than anything over the counter.
Especially butter and cookies..Google for recipes. If you are not into it yet..Cannabis must be decarbed before it will become active in an edible. Tincture are great as well..either sublingually or just eaten (different effects)

With edibles..GO VERY SLOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom