Ethos Genetics "Apex".....

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

This is not DWC, just plain Pro-Mix, lime and perlite in 4 gallon pots- 24 plants in the room under two 1000 watt HP's. I am all organic, using fertilizers from Botanicare. R.O. water, 10ml Cal/Mag with every gallon. Everything is hand watered every 2-3 days.

The Apex was an easy grow, keeping the ppm around 850-900 at its highest point. 6.2-6.3 pH ALWAYS.

Still not sure it's a "beast-mode" yielder like Ethos claims though, to me it would not appear to be a heavy yielder. Normal for me is 2 lbs. a light, this appears short of that by a wide margin. They also said a 9 week flowering strain, but I have 6 plants that are basically done at 8 weeks. The rest should be done right around 9 weeks or so.

It will all come down to the buzz, and I can't comment on that just yet...........but they do look great, every plant!

If you are looking for my suggestions from Ethos, check out their Zsweet Inzanity or Chem OG.
Have you tried the Chemhead OG from Mycotek ?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Hey Skid......thanks. I can't post anymore over at RIU, so all my threads will die, so u know.
And they've been down since last night. Probably too much Hydrogrow LED bullshit on there.

sshz

sshz

I have never grown anything from Mycotek, but the Chem OG from Ethos is really good. Everyone loved it. You can find my grow, start to finish, over at RIU. Regarding RIU, I'm not banned but they won't let me post anymore. LOL I hope they crash and burn for good............

sshz

sshz

Cut my second plant this morning, more going on this afternoon. 1st plant cut yesterday didn’t have much smell to it, the one this morning was straight on lemons. Way more lemony than many of the lemon Og Kushes and such I’ve done in the past. Yields will definitely be light, not sure what the hell Ethos was thinking when they said beast mode yield- that is surely not the case.

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Cut my second plant this morning, more going on this afternoon. 1st plant cut yesterday didn’t have much smell to it, the one this morning was straight on lemons. Way more lemony than many of the lemon Og Kushes and such I’ve done in the past. Yields will definitely be light, not sure what the hell Ethos was thinking when they said beast mode yield- that is surely not the case.
I was thinking...well it sounds like a coookie leaning pheno and the remembered "20% of phenos are 1/2 height" is written on the Mandarin Cookies R1 v2 blurb.
Is this the first ethos cookie cross you have run?

EDIT: a professional outfit mixing units in the same sentence is a worry.

sshz

sshz

Yes it is............height wasn't the issue, as every plant but 1 was around 4 feet tall. Even the main center cola's are relatively small. This will be the lightest yield of any crop I've done in over 5 years. Glad I jumped off Ethos next crop. I'm thinking the first 3-4 plants i cut were only about 1 1/2-2 oz each.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I have never grown anything from Mycotek, but the Chem OG from Ethos is really good. Everyone loved it. You can find my grow, start to finish, over at RIU. Regarding RIU, I'm not banned but they won't let me post anymore. LOL I hope they crash and burn for good............
Just what SHN sent as a replacement for the non-germinating Citral-Flo R1BX. 6 for 6 on the non-germinating Ethos and 3 for 3 on the Mycotek seeds germination.

sshz

sshz

I’ve always had 99% germination on all the Ethos stuff I’ve done, but I typically buy things when they are first released so they are fresh. Most “cookie” strains are low yielding so it’s not surprising, but why advertise beast mode yield when that's just not the case? I’ve cut 3 plants so far, doing 5 more today so we’ll see if my opinion changes later today. I do have 1 plant, the tallest in the room, that might yield over 4 oz, but only 1 but she still not ready.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I’ve always had 99% germination on all the Ethos stuff I’ve done, but I typically buy things when they are first released so they are fresh. Most “cookie” strains are low yielding so it’s not surprising, but why advertise beast mode yield when that's just not the case? I’ve cut 3 plants so far, doing 5 more today so we’ll see if my opinion changes later today. I do have 1 plant, the tallest in the room, that might yield over 4 oz, but only 1 but she still not ready.
In 20+ years of growing I've only had 2 packs of seeds with zero germination rates and that was TH Seeds Kussage and now these Ethos Citral-Flo.

sshz

sshz

Well, I've been growing since 1989 and I've never had a pack with zero germination......but the worse group of packs ever were with TH Seeds. It was many years ago, don't even remember the strain- but I never grew another strain of theirs since then.

B

budgrower01

If you are growing in pro-mix, 6.2-6.3 is ideal........then the last few weeks of flowering you can let the pH rise slightly to 6.4-6.5 to reduce Nitrogen uptake by the plants.

I also continue to use veg fertilizer the first 2 weeks of flowering, then a 50/50 mix of veg/bloom the next 4 weeks, then straight bloom for 1-2 weeks and then plain water til the end. This helps stop the plants yellowing too early in flowering, keeping them healthier late in flowering.
I wondered if you or anyone else knows a good place to buy Botanicare in Canada?
You had mentioned about lime ...is that dolomite garden lime? Promix adds lime I thought or is this extra?
I actually use pro mix HP( high porosity), will added perlite help my grow any ?
I just slowly buying everything i need as it is just a medical grow for me.
Is it best to up pot a few times as you go?
I thought 15 gallon fabric for photos and 7 gallon for a autos i plan to run separately.
Great grow I hope I do half as well lol
Oh and RUI forum has some pretty serious issues let's face it, there loss you clearly know how to grow the dank.
Thanks

sshz

sshz

You can try the Botanicare website for Canada vendors........I use their Pure Blend Pro for veg and bloom. I know it’s quality when a deep flush isn’t really necessary in the end, but I do it anyway. If you can’t find it, email them and ask where. I usually end up getting gallons from either EBay or Amazon for ease and super quick shipping. My daughter is an upper level Director with Amazon so I get a discount there too.

Pro Mix adds both lime and perlite to their mixes, just not enough for a 3- 3.5 month grow. I add about 2 cubic ft. of perlite to each 3.8 cubic ft bale and around 2.5 cups of lime too. A little more or less won’t hurt either.

I never up pot, no reason too. Roots grows down, not up. But it helps to get in there with your hands and break up the soil every few weeks, this will let the water penetrate better.

Regarding pots, if you grow outside use the biggest pots you can find, within reason. If inside, smaller the better, 4 gallons pots seem fine. But I’ve used 3 and 5 gallon pots with similar results.

I’m always happy to answer any questions..........

B

budgrower01

You can try the Botanicare website for Canada vendors........I use their Pure Blend Pro for veg and bloom. I know it’s quality when a deep flush isn’t really necessary in the end, but I do it anyway. If you can’t find it, email them and ask where. I usually end up getting gallons from either EBay or Amazon for ease and super quick shipping. My daughter is an upper level Director with Amazon so I get a discount there too.

Pro Mix adds both lime and perlite to their mixes, just not enough for a 3- 3.5 month grow. I add about 2 cubic ft. of perlite to each 3.8 cubic ft bale and around 2.5 cups of lime too. A little more or less won’t hurt either.

I never up pot, no reason too. Roots grows down, not up. But it helps to get in there with your hands and break up the soil every few weeks, this will let the water penetrate better.

Regarding pots, if you grow outside use the biggest pots you can find, within reason. If inside, smaller the better, 4 gallons pots seem fine. But I’ve used 3 and 5 gallon pots with similar results.

I’m always happy to answer any questions..........
I gotta say that will cut months off my learning curve to good smoke at home.
I grow indoors.
tent 5 by 5 ft, LED samsung running about 680 watts total
only flower is set up, working on buying-building lights etc for veg tent i am getting soon.
Ok I will get some more perlite.
So start in beer cup then to final pot?
A 15 gallon fabric pot is just a waste with longer veg when a good pheno came along?
Do these flavorizers like botanicare sweet Grape make a big difference or any
in taste and smell as I just use molasses it seems ok don't know if it does anything ?
another other ones they sell that seems worthwhile?
looks like great line

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
This is a continuation of a grow originally posted on RIU.......after 10 years of posting there, I'm moving back here to escape the daily crap given to posters by their mod's.

So after a 28 day veg period, the pic's below were taken today, day 50 in flowering. Supposedly a 9 week strain, this is the most done plant in the room- and probably ready within the next few days. This strain is a hybrid of Lilac Diesel X Mandarin Cookies, and some remarkable smells and flavors prevail thru all the pheno's- sweet and lemon on the diesel side, fuel, grapefruit and orange on the Cookie side. Everyone who sees this mentions how the resin is "caked" throughout the buds.......

View attachment 866836View attachment 866837
Juicy as fuck! Nice brother

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I gotta say that will cut months off my learning curve to good smoke at home.
I grow indoors.
tent 5 by 5 ft, LED samsung running about 680 watts total
only flower is set up, working on buying-building lights etc for veg tent i am getting soon.
Ok I will get some more perlite.
So start in beer cup then to final pot?
A 15 gallon fabric pot is just a waste with longer veg when a good pheno came along?
Do these flavorizers like botanicare sweet Grape make a big difference or any
in taste and smell as I just use molasses it seems ok don't know if it does anything ?
another other ones they sell that seems worthwhile?
looks like great line
Just molasses, the flavor enhancers are well useless if you have good pheno to begin with

sshz

sshz

1. I start my seeds in wet paper towels. When they pop. I transfer them directly into my 4 gallon pots. Others work their way up, starting in small containers and working there way up to larger. My feeling is, the more you handle plants, the more chance to hurt them when they are young and tender.
2. I would only use a 15 gallon pot if you were going to turn the plant into a mother. Other than that, it doesn’t Make much sense using up all that dirt, tons more water and fertilizer, etc.
3. That flavoring crap is just a marketing ploy, I’ve used them and hardly noticed any difference. But when I do use molasses, I definitely can taste that in the smoke- it adds a bit of sweet and flavor to the smoke.
4. My only knock with Botanicare is it can be pricey. You really have to shop around, look for sales, and buy in as large of containers as possible to keep overall pricing down.

sshz

sshz

I've probably cut a bit less than 1/2 the room so far.......it does appear stuff towards the back will be yielding more than the front of the room this time. If you remember, I put the tallest plants to the back early on, and they may be the reason. Here is the very first bud I chopped, now 4 days into the drying process. The buds are pretty solid, still mostly lemony more than anything. I'll probably finish cutting over the weekend, as most everything else still needs more time. Today is day 59 into flowering.

IMG 0967

sshz

sshz

Kentucky Derby day so just giving a quick update. Believe it or not, still chopping slowly- all but 3 plants are cut and now drying. Today is day 64 in flowering, these 3 are being stubborn and maybe 4-5 days behind the rest. Tomorrow I'll clean the room and move those 3 to another room to finish up. My feeling for the strain haven't changed much- low er yielding but outstanding resin production- crazy high and an outstanding bag appeal! I'll do a full smoke report when everything is properly dried but it's an interesting smoke. It starts off as a mild sativa, an enjoyable head buzz that stays with you for a good long time. Then the indica hits, a relaxing wave that mellows you out. Mostly lemony undertones, but I haven't smoked much and I know there's a variety in flavors and tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom