Ethos Genetics "Apex".....

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Interesting, seeing a range of colors. Some purple too.......

IMG 0882

B

budgrower01

I was thinking...well it sounds like a coookie leaning pheno and the remembered "20% of phenos are 1/2 height" is written on the Mandarin Cookies R1 v2 blurb.
Is this the first ethos cookie cross you have run?

EDIT: a professional outfit mixing units in the same sentence is a worry.
Kinda curious the height differences on the final plants total height. i am going to grow this soon. Best to just run one strain at a time is it?
I have quite a few (for me ) decent seeds strains lined up but don't want to start something that isn't going to finish somewhat close to same time frame.
i dont have the experience(yet) for that.Have ethos Mandarin Cookies R1 v2 fem , green gelato Royal seeds fems, god bud JOTI regs, humboldt gorilla breath fem, ethos "strawberry OG x Chemdog D 195" regs, blue monstar freebee, kushy kush, GG#4 , jack herer, couples bruce banner regs, but wondered if the two brodhi strains and the green gelato can ge done at once or asking for issues?

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Hi BG,
I only made the comment as I try to think around what cross has what obvious draw backs, especially if its a new cross (albeit from F1 to R1). Consider your own setup environment - height & light adjustable? it might help you better gauge what one of your strains suit your set up.
If you have not already, compare this run to Sshz's 3 other ethos runs on RIU.
A lot of people don't like IG but it is Ethos's maintain channel of comm's.
You can hit em up directly or do a # search and hit up growers for info.

sshz

sshz

Not really sure where the question here is...........this strain stayed rather short compared to all the other Ethos things I've done. Only 1 plant of the 24 when rathertall, all the others were very manageable. That plant and another has been moved to another room now to allow me to start up the things I have coming- watch for a new thread starting shortly.

They were all finished basically between 8-9 weeks, except that taller plant and 1 other which I'm thinking just lies more on the diesel side than the cookies side. Zsweet Inzanity and Chem OG still are the top 2 no doubt. By the end of the week, I'll have a smoke report and final weights...........

sshz

sshz

Not bad one way or the other........ probably not a strain I would ever consider doing again though. Main issue was 10+ day spread in finishing between early finishers and later finishers. I think it took me about the average time to chop the room. But very stable, no seeds or male parts.

sshz

sshz

A smoke report will follow at some point down the road, for various reasons- one being I'm not smoking these days (just edibles). Final weight was just short of 3 lbs., way below my average and surely not the "Beast Mode" yield Ethos claims on it's packaging. I cut my final 2 plants today, day 72 in flowering. I estimated their weight at about 2 oz each plant, but that may have been generous. More coming soon, with some outside pic's too.

sshz

sshz

My final report on the Apex..........this is a strain I hesitated to post about, as I didn't want the low yields to influence my final review. Safe to say Ethos is full of crap regarding the yields of the strain. I had 1 plant out of 24 that yielded extremely well- maybe 3+ oz. Every other plant was between 1 1/2-2 1/4 oz, far below my average- especially for Ethos stuff. So final weight is exactly 48 oz., basically 2 oz. per plant. Definitely not a "Beast Mode" yield.

Regarding the buzz- there's lots of variety in the high's- some lean to the Mandarin Cookies side, but most lean to the Lilac Diesel. All of them start with a mild heady high, and then a relaxing body buzz hits, some pheno's quicker than others. As it continues to dry and cure, I'm enjoying it more and more though. There's some interesting flavors and smells throughout everything- it's not lacking in the taste category. I'm guessing there's some CBD in here, maybe 3%-4% which is quite noticeable too. It's a very thick and dense smoke, I'm preferring the vape over the bong on this one.

It's still not a strain I would probably do again, merely because of the yield but friends have all been very positive about it, even with some 'excellent" comments. It was a relatively easy grow, stays relatively short and I never had to raise ppm above 900 or so. 100% sprouting of the seeds too, most in 2 days or less.

Some outside pic's are below, taken today of a lb. in a tupperware container. I'm also going to mention my next grow of a WiFi hybrid (White Fire #43) by CSI- Humboldt. In the same room, I have some Ethos 10th Planet R1's. Half of that pack turned into mutants, so another Ethos disappointment. Only 4 remain now and it will be the last of Ethos stuff I do for a long while I think. I'm guessing that's why they include 10 seeds, instead of the regular 6 seeds in their feminized packs- they are well aware of the deformity issues.

IMG 0968
IMG 0969
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Everyone uses different signals as to when they think their plants are done. As much as I use trichrome color, I want to see every friggin hair dried up and gone, except maybe a few at the very top of the cola’s. With that though, a day or two here or there won’t have much impact on the overall quality at the end I’m guessing.
While using the Trichomes as a guide is useful, I also let mine finish fully...that is when you get the best taste and they fill out more. You need several indicators, but like Cal-Mag, I feel the Trichomes are overused, especially for Sativa strains, which grow differently than Indica's. I usually rely on the overall appearance of the plant and look for color changes on the buds, especially when it is cooler and you get more purples and other colors. Like the trees in the fall, the leaves change colors when the plant is ready, as well as yellowing on the bottommost fan leaves.

S

shn3ak

My final report on the Apex..........this is a strain I hesitated to post about, as I didn't want the low yields to influence my final review. Safe to say Ethos is full of crap regarding the yields of the strain. I had 1 plant out of 24 that yielded extremely well- maybe 3+ oz. Every other plant was between 1 1/2-2 1/4 oz, far below my average- especially for Ethos stuff. So final weight is exactly 48 oz., basically 2 oz. per plant. Definitely not a "Beast Mode" yield.

Regarding the buzz- there's lots of variety in the high's- some lean to the Mandarin Cookies side, but most lean to the Lilac Diesel. All of them start with a mild heady high, and then a relaxing body buzz hits, some pheno's quicker than others. As it continues to dry and cure, I'm enjoying it more and more though. There's some interesting flavors and smells throughout everything- it's not lacking in the taste category. I'm guessing there's some CBD in here, maybe 3%-4% which is quite noticeable too. It's a very thick and dense smoke, I'm preferring the vape over the bong on this one.

It's still not a strain I would probably do again, merely because of the yield but friends have all been very positive about it, even with some 'excellent" comments. It was a relatively easy grow, stays relatively short and I never had to raise ppm above 900 or so. 100% sprouting of the seeds too, most in 2 days or less.

Some outside pic's are below, taken today of a lb. in a tupperware container. I'm also going to mention my next grow of a WiFi hybrid (White Fire #43) by CSI- Humboldt. In the same room, I have some Ethos 10th Planet R1's. Half of that pack turned into mutants, so another Ethos disappointment. Only 4 remain now and it will be the last of Ethos stuff I do for a long while I think. I'm guessing that's why they include 10 seeds, instead of the regular 6 seeds in their feminized packs- they are well aware of the deformity issues.

Hey man ,

thanks for the great entries, learning tons from following your diaries, followed you over from RIU!.Keep it up your knowledge is appreciated!

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Sorry for posting in such an old thread but I am having a hard time finding help with this strain.

I bought some of these last summer and got my first down a little after the new years. Looks just like the ones the O P posted, which I'm glad for, but I'm having some pretty serious problems.

My first harvest got cut at the end of 9 weeks from flip and my buds while looking amazing were very fox tailed, white underdeveloped pistils on all the new growth, and it did not taste anywhere close to as good as it looked.

Tried cutting the next run at the end of 10 weeks to see if it developed more but if anything it got worse, actual visible stem growing out of my buds. had to harvest half way through week 10 due to unfortunate pollination. But when I tried the same thing on the next run, it was just as bad minus seeds, lots of fox tails, lots of white pistils, and did not taste any good.

Now I'm trying to cut them down at the end of week 8. I've run other stuff same food same setup same variables except the genetics and it has been great. So good it's making me doubt my purchase but I am really hoping to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

If anybody can possibly help me salvage this I would be more than grateful. I got on Ethos from a buddy who did their purple zkittles and I was blown away with how good it was. I would love to have some of that goodness. Thank you!

Received 3445905242189527
sshz

sshz

Mostly, you can IM me and I'll be happy to help you along but expect 50 questions before I can help. No need to fill the thread with a problem grow. I didn't find the Apex to be a particularly difficult strain to grow, so it's something in your process.

Message me or a number of other fine growers that often visit my threads.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Thanks for the response glad some one saw this! Messaged you looking forward to figuring this out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom