• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So you can see there's been some nice growth in a week............ and I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so will be necessary to get them where I want them to be and then switch to flowering. There's bit of leaf crinkling going on, no doubt caused by reluctance to go too high with the Cal/Mag but I upped it again today while watering.
Growth looks great! How often do you water at this stage?

Madmax

Madmax

Lifting the light up has done squat sshz..going to have heaps of branches like the sweet zombie.i cant get over how these lights keep em low like they do..

sshz

sshz

I'm watering about every 3-4 days......... with the added perlite this time, it's flooding the room each I do though.

I'm back to thinking about hanging two hps 600 watters, along with the LED's in veg and see how that works out. It sucks they stay short, but the branches are thick and make it easy to hold weight. Next crop I'll temporarily remove the UV'B's and hang the hps's there as a boost- I truely believe that will take care of the issue. I have 1000 watters too but that would be too much in that room.

Actually, I may hook up the dimmers and run them 50% (645 watts/2= 323) +600 watts per hps could be too much. I'lll need to think more about it.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thanks for the answer on watering.

I guess we see how this crop yields. If it does the same then I continue to believe it ain't broke so idk why you would make extra work for yourself with the hps etc.

sshz

sshz

It's actually not an issue since the hooks are already there......... the only reason would be to reduce the veg period by producing taller plants earlier in veg. My only concern would be heat, but it may be worth it to experiment once and see if it makes an impact. After 2 grows, I'm more than sure the 3rd will turn out like the first two.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
That’s what I noticed most about switching from MH/HPS to LED.
low compact and bushy, tight nodes
Have to add a week or so to veg just to get the height where I want to flip. Even with adjusting LEDs constantly through growth.

sshz

sshz

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. I truly believe a combo of lighting would be best, as I’ve said all along. I don’t mind the extra week, but why go there if you don’t have to? If I have the energy, I may put them up in there tomorrow for 2 more weeks- if not, then the next grow. My only concern is heat and I’m curious what the temps would be with an additional 1200 watt in there.

OR, experiment with it and just put it up on side as a comparison.

We just got news our oldest daughter is 7 weeks pregnant with our first grandchild so as you can imagine, things are crazy here right now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. I truly believe a combo of lighting would be best, as I’ve said all along. I don’t mind the extra week, but why go there if you don’t have to? If I have the energy, I may put them up in there tomorrow for 2 more weeks- if not, then the next grow. My only concern is heat and I’m curious what the temps would be with an additional 1200 watt in there.

OR, experiment with it and just put it up on side as a comparison.

We just got news our oldest daughter is 7 weeks pregnant with our first grandchild so as you can imagine, things are crazy here right now.

congrats man. Thats wonderful news!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It's actually not an issue since the hooks are already there......... the only reason would be to reduce the veg period by producing taller plants earlier in veg. My only concern would be heat, but it may be worth it to experiment once and see if it makes an impact. After 2 grows, I'm more than sure the 3rd will turn out like the first two.
🤷‍♂️

I'd wonder if the root mass would also stay the same with shorter veg since I think that is really important for a successful stretch.

sshz

sshz

Thanks everyone.........hours later the wife is still crying. They came home for a night to surprise us. It’s our first, and our kids are in their 30’s. Not sure what I want to be called, don’t even want to think about that.

There’s no doubt the led’s are creating better root development, since more growth is probably going on down below than up top. im pretty sure I’ll hook up the hps tomorrow, since we‘ll be having an ice storm and looking for something to do.

Heynow

Heynow

Have you thought about hanging 1 hps and 1 led and moving all 24 in a rotation under the hps? Instead of treating the room as 2 12 plant rooms. You might get a great mix of spectrum and the best of both worlds.

Madmax

Madmax

Congrats to your daughter and nan and pop 😃...uncle max has a good ring to it..

Im thinking bout the spectrum turned down for the hps ive heard it changes and wont get the full effect..

Ive been waiting for you to mention using the hps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom