Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

Thats the sole reason i dont use one in veg but luckily i havnt ran any terpy strains that smell.but then again if i was running as many as you i would get more of a smell..im pretty sure you can get larger sized carbon so the filter can still work.but i havnt looked into that as yet..how bad was the last in veg..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just gonna say VPD charts are not accurate and should never be used.

@sshz I think your squat issues come from 3 places...

1. Genetics (nothing you can do)

2. Spectrum (additional red will help shift the ratio of the type of growth) but the lower intensity I can say almost certainly will give less growth in terms of plant mass with HPS. It will stretch them out but I kinda got a feeling you'll end up losing out on more bud sites. The only reason I say this is you are losing intensity which is the real driver of growth.

High Blue ratios will create more vegetative growth. Red will produce more shoot growth.

Now you probably don't want to spend more money so maybe a moot point but additional IR will IMO help get structure to where ya want... the crappy thing is idk how much it would take to even make a recommendation.

3. You temp differential. I believe day night temps are the same? Possibly even higher at night?

This can largely affect the node spacing.

I can't say that 1 single thing will give you what your looking for in terms of structure. But if I had to guess it would be IR that would make the most difference.

I remember when you first posted here I was watching your thread closely for this exact reason (not sure if you remember that) I wanted to see how well it flowered under a much more blue leaning spectrum than my 3000k HLG.

Just throwing this out there for discussion and I'm sure you have considered these options but figured I'd put my nosey $0.02 in anyhow.

Definitely will be watching as there is always something to learn from your threads and so well done on providing info.

Last edited:
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I was kinda thinking the same thing Aqua about the 600w, But without having really used the LED's i'm sure what the answer is, my thinking for my room is to run the LED's along with the HPS DE replacing every other one, have both on dimmers and hopefully find a combination between the 2 to give the intensity I want and the growth in both veg and flower.

sshz

sshz

The temperature spreads right now are 15 degrees, days are 80 degrees and nights are 65 degrees. I’m thinking having a 600 watts in a 4 x 4 area is plenty to get the job done. I may also buy hps bulbs that have more blue in them than normal to help things out. A lot will be determined these next 10 days leading to flowering with this crop.

Funny though, I should not be complaining as short plants have been a blessing. No staking or netting, and nothing falling over into other plants. It’s just that it takes them so long to get moving and I’m an impatient fellow.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

The temperature spreads right now are 15 degrees, days are 80 degrees and nights are 65 degrees. I’m thinking having a 600 watts in a 4 x 4 area is plenty to get the job done. I may also buy hps bulbs that have more blue in them than normal to help things out. A lot will be determined these next 10 days leading to flowering with this crop.

Funny though, I should not be complaining as short plants have been a blessing. No staking or netting, and nothing falling over into other plants. It’s just that it takes them so long to get moving and I’m an impatient fellow.

you never grew a taller lankier sativa yet have you under the LED's? I'd be interested to see the growth of one of them

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I'm hoping my new light does that for me... under my 3000k it get unruly.... will be interesting to see the difference. Definitely paying attention here.

I'm thinking the HPS will be likely 35ish% less photons... but you also had well more than enough light from the LED so not sure if that will translate in any reduction in growth... kinda feel it might though

Anthem

Anthem

you never grew a taller lankier sativa yet have you under the LED's? I'd be interested to see the growth of one of them
That would take a lot of training and staking. Even just in Veg under LED's I ended up throwing a nice Lemon Haze out, they just grow out of hand under the LED's. And your comment just made me realize the strain I recently acquired is probably leaning too far to the sativa side for growing under the 1700E. That strain is Runtz.

sshz

sshz

The Orange Gasm was 85% sativa, if not more........the Zombie was 95% indica. What I’m doing now is close to 50/50. I purposely wanted to do the complete spectrum my first 3 grows so I would know what to expect for future grows. I’m 100% sure I could keep a Haze short with these lights. Lol

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The Orange Gasm was 85% sativa, if not more........the Zombie was 95% indica. What I’m doing now is close to 50/50. I purposely wanted to do the complate spectrum my first 3 grows so I would know what to expect for future grows. I’m 100% sure I could keep a Haze short with these lights. Lol
I'd challenge you just to see the result for personal knowledge but I know your not gonna run that long lol.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

The Orange Gasm was 85% sativa, if not more........the Zombie was 95% indica. What I’m doing now is close to 50/50. I purposely wanted to do the complete spectrum my first 3 grows so I would know what to expect for future grows. I’m 100% sure I could keep a Haze short with these lights. Lol

Not sure if the orange gasm is a good one to judge that against, they say 85% sativa but it doesn't grow like it , My orange gasm under my HPS look virtually identical to yours , height , width etc , and an even canopy. they hardy even stretched at flip. I'm thinking like a Inzanity I wondering if your LED's would keep that shorter and not so lanky. my Inzanity, I have to be careful with they can get out of hand in a hurry under my HPS. to keep my plants shorter and not have to stake and tie the shit out of them, damm that would be nice.

sshz

sshz

My Zsweet Inzanity grow......look at all the sticks, just what I'm trying to avoid!

sshz

sshz

Don’t get excited, that grow was from a few years ago. Zsweet Inzanity was one of my favorite Ethos grows, but has been discontinued as a feminist strain from them. I believe it’s now available as an auto hybrid in some form.

sshz

sshz

I’m assuming you mean both strains under the hps.......... the Inzanity yielded better but that’s not fair because I threw away so much larf of the Zombie. Overall though, I’d say the Inzanity is a slightly better yielder in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom