Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

You mill it or buy it? Nice btw, I just can't do a wood floor in the kitchen.

This flooring was hand scraped and distressed too, so way beyond my capabilities to get that appearance. We were a little concerned about putting it in the kitchen too but it worked out and it hasn't really been an issue. More than pleased the way it has held up...........

Pondracer

Pondracer

please do not make the mistake I did and use MDF for the base boards. Stuff follows walls really well and points out great but does not hold up. If it gets wet, it swells up and looks like shit.

This. I can mill flooring and molding. I've been playing with custom patterns using a high grade of MDF but its crap for wet areas. Upstairs or around an entry, or for other uses it can be stunning. The other thing is the time you take to finish it. Both sides with at least enough to give some minor sealing greatly extends the life and how long it will look good.

Lot of things depends on you house situation too. My basement almost never gets wet, but almost never aint never. Sure I had one problem in 18 years, but that would have been enough if I had different materials. Luckily the 1980s asbestos tiles did not suffer :) I want to redo mine but I have other projects on deck.

Dopey28

Dopey28

Cheap Mdf baseboards.... oil based paint... your welcome. Make sure you paint before ya put em on so they are sealed

^this
when I first got into snakes I got together with my buddy who was apprenticing in a cumstom furniture/cupboard shop. His boss was excited to help as he’d never worked on something like this.

they were trying to convince me to go with mdf but I was worried about the constant humidity and swelling (a Snake rack is a series of shelves with a heat supply and tight fitting bins in each shelf so if it swelling it’s trash)

I conceded to the expertise of the guy who’s been doing it for 40 years. We built it out of mdf. When all the pieces were ready he sent me to the paint store for an oil based primer they use to repaint in houses that have a fire and then “pick out the colour and finish you want from the porch paint and you’ll be able to pressure wash it if you want!”

well I have never tested his pressure washer theory but around 20 years later it still looks like the day we finished it and has seen 60-100% humidity countless spills, spray downs with sanitizer etc.

sshz

sshz

Remember that main stem I broke while I was trying to bend it.......... here's proof it's not the end of the world when it happens and the area tends to grow back stronger in the area it happened.........

IMG 1448

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

^this
when I first got into snakes I got together with my buddy who was apprenticing in a cumstom furniture/cupboard shop. His boss was excited to help as he’d never worked on something like this.

they were trying to convince me to go with mdf but I was worried about the constant humidity and swelling (a Snake rack is a series of shelves with a heat supply and tight fitting bins in each shelf so if it swelling it’s trash)

I conceded to the expertise of the guy who’s been doing it for 40 years. We built it out of mdf. When all the pieces were ready he sent me to the paint store for an oil based primer they use to repaint in houses that have a fire and then “pick out the colour and finish you want from the porch paint and you’ll be able to pressure wash it if you want!”

well I have never tested his pressure washer theory but around 20 years later it still looks like the day we finished it and has seen 60-100% humidity countless spills, spray downs with sanitizer etc.
Let me guess KILLZ primer?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hahaha pretty sure that’s exactly what it was. white and red can.
Yup that's it.... sorry @sshz figured I'd take the time to post a link since as growers this may come in handy

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Just looked back page 38 or 39 you stated you may be able to start flowering early instead of waiting thru week 5 veg. Same day you state you started veg.

My question is, if my timeline is correct, how tall were the plants when you flipped? And how yall do you expect them to be?

Im basically in the same situation with week 5 coming up monday but I dont want to flip too early. Theyre 7 inches now.

Thanks

sshz

sshz

You shouldn't lock yourself in to a specific time (4 weeks vs. 5 weeks vs. whatever)........... I grow them to a certain size, depending on how much I think they'll stretch, then wing it. If they are getting too tall or have a lot of sativa in them, I'd usually top them once to slow growth a bit.

So, if I remember correctly, I started flowering 2 days before 5 weeks in veg when I felt they got to where I wanted.

There is some difference in height with the strain, depending on the pheno. With lights on tomorrow, I will measure the shortest and tallest in the room for you.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Yeah about the only thing that you can paint over permanent marker and it won't bleed through. That stuff is the bomb

But the smell will stay around for a while. Not a good winter project if its a big area. I did half my new office a year ago and wow. Had to keep the windows open for 3-4 days. I also had crazy colors from 50 years of painting and wallpaper. I had to do 2 coats but you see nothing now. Still haven't painted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom